Topic:

Fraps

1. Wasley is offline Rusted Banger

Default Fraps

Hello all,

I'm having trouble with Fraps but I'm not sure if its the software or my drivers.

Everything's already apart from the ''Recording Sound''. Every time I film something, Everything goes nice and smoothly but there is no sound recorded.

(I've ticked the ''Record sound'' box, So it isnt that)

Now - This is what I think it is. As my "Sound input" - I have default. But I'm pretty sure I need it to be ''When U Hear''. But how do I change it ?!

If anyone has any ideas, Please let me know. I wanna start filming !!!

2. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Well have you tried testing it in the Recording Devices part of the Sound Mixer? Because I had a problem with my mic because I use an External sound card and was plugging my Mic In into that, and Windows could see the sound card, but it kept automatically assigning itself to the Mic In on the internal sound card (which of course, there wasn't ).

3. Wasley is offline Rusted Banger

Quote Originally Posted by Deaths Pyjamas »
    Well have you tried testing it in the Recording Devices part of the Sound Mixer? Because I had a problem with my mic because I use an External sound card and was plugging my Mic In into that, and Windows could see the sound card, but it kept automatically assigning itself to the Mic In on the internal sound card (which of course, there wasn't ).
    Its on board sound and I've never had my microphone plugged into the computer.....

4. NitroBlueUK is offline Exoticar Driver

your settings in the video section of fraps should look like this
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [imglink]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2800/signewbu2.jpg[/imglink]

Practice Safe Sex Go Screw Yourself!!!!

5. Judasneon is offline Hot Hatch

If you are on Vista the screen above should help.
    If however you are on XP then do as below......

If you are using the sound device on you motherboard then it should detect it automaticly, If however you have and additional card ( I have the SB Audigy4 ) again it will select that if you have set it up in you control panel.....

heres how.

goto Control panel and select sounds and audio devices, that will open a properties window.
    Select the Audio tab and check that the devices are set for you sound card or default sound for mother board sound. You need to select that in all 3 boxes.

This bit will sound strange but goto the voice tab.
    and make sure that that is set to your sound card or motherboard default.
    Once you have set them up go back into Fraps and check that it has picked up you sound card or default device.....

OK in fraps click the Movies tab...
    Here you have the choice to record movies at a set frame rate I prefer 50FPS as the eye
    can see upto 35FPS anything below that it will see as lag.....
    select best sound input and also check that the record sound is ticked
    I have tested this 3 times and it works fine for me.......

Just recheck your settings.. Regrads chris a.k.a. Judasneon
    Last edited by Judasneon; 08/02/09 at 22:01 PM.