1. BAk99 is offline Square Sausage FTW!

Default GTA IV Lagggggs Out!

Hey, as you see by my gaming rig, i have a decent rig for playing some of the highest spec games out just now.. but, i have recently jst got GTA IV and it is the most laggiest game i have ever played on ma laptop.. all graphics settings are at their lowest! still major lag, cant play it long enough cos its so long to get from one place to another.. i was thinkin, is it the fact ave got a duo processor compared to the recommended Quad.. but even at that, it still shouldnt lag on lowest.

..?

www.BAk99.co.uk
    YOUTUBE: BAk99official
    FACEBOOK: BAk99official
    TWITTER: BAk99
    TWITCH: BAk99

2. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?

Try turning the video recording thing off, that speeds up the fps a bit.

3. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Remove all unwanted processes too. Helps a lot.

Also, try some of these - http://forum.tdu-central.com/showthread.php?t=7045
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

4. BAk99 is offline Square Sausage FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Iced_Bullet »
    Remove all unwanted processes too. Helps a lot.

Also, try some of these - http://forum.tdu-central.com/showthread.php?t=7045
    Cheers Bullet, al let you know on how things go

www.BAk99.co.uk

5. TDU 505 is offline Clinically Insane

My rig runs it fine, steaday 35-40, only dropping to 25ish when its raining

6. Wasley is offline Rusted Banger

Have you got another graphics card. Your one at the moments alright, but it isn't the best in the world. You can pick up a fairly decent ATi 4850 for 100, or ATi 3850 50.

I'm pretty sure that'll help you a bit. But like others have said, close any other programs that aren't needed. (Sounds stupid, but closing your anti-virus helps ALOT).

Your processor shouldn't be a problem due to it being quite new. Have you got alot of space on your h-drive?

7. BAk99 is offline Square Sausage FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Wasley »
    Have you got another graphics card. Your one at the moments alright, but it isn't the best in the world. You can pick up a fairly decent ATi 4850 for 100, or ATi 3850 50.

I'm pretty sure that'll help you a bit. But like others have said, close any other programs that aren't needed. (Sounds stupid, but closing your anti-virus helps ALOT).

Your processor shouldn't be a problem due to it being quite new. Have you got alot of space on your h-drive?
    I have an Alienware Laptop! :P I cant change over the graphics card or ma insurance is (very very bad shall i say) :P
    a dont have that much space on ma primary hard drive left.. thats to do with haven the Sims 2 +nearly all expansion packs :P but even at that, its been defraged.. ma hd is in the cleanest state i can get it and all music/pictures and documents are in ma 750gb ect. hd.

i used some of those techniques tht bullet sugessted and basically.. the vid capture works abit bt everythin is at lowest quality as possible to even get any good results

www.BAk99.co.uk

8. SLRRR is offline Ace

I have the same problem, but i just wait for the patch because i have already done all the solutions

9. mistermojo is offline Some Kind of Wizard

To be honest running GTA IV on a laptop, no matter how good it is, is always gonna cause problems. Its just a badly optimimised game, some people with awesome desktop PC's have trouble running just because of this.

Just keep praying for a performance patch, thats all i can say really

I get 20-30 fps usually, mostly hovers below 25 though, on:
    2.2ghz dual core
    2Gb ram
    XFX 9600GT XXX edition
    Vista 32-bit

My website | Check out the game I'm working on, Eden Star