Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

Default My TDU CD is cracking.

my problem is that my test drive cd is cracking. i dont know why or how, it just is.

you see, i dont want it to get any worse. i will upload a picture of it soon.

does anybody have any idea on how to stop it from getting any worse?

2. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

How are you treating the poor thing?!

You could try some strong nail varnish around the central ring - make sure to keep coverage even and not get any on the data part of the disc.

3. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

i am treating it fine - all i am doing is putting it in and out of the box and its cracking. could it have anything to do with heat changes?

4. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

It says you shouldn't put it in the microwave

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

5. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

*tut* well thats my game stuffed.

nah its just been sitting pretty much all the time in my cd drive or in a case.

6. bcrt2000 is offline Just a Skidmark

The TDU PC case is terrible. Actually, ALL PC cases are terrible. They really should move to a 360 or PS3 style case

7. SergeBMW is offline Hot Hatch

Quote Originally Posted by bcrt2000 »
    The TDU PC case is terrible. Actually, ALL PC cases are terrible. They really should move to a 360 or PS3 style case
    Well most new games come with thoses DVD style boxes which Xbox and PS3 use.

DR. EVIL, you should try to rip the info off the disk and run it from the computer, and if you want, mount it to another DVD.

8. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

how? now i know you guys dont like to do these things and probably think it is *illigal* but i do own the game, i will post a picture of my name and the disc.

9. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

How long have you had the game and where did you buy it from?
    I'm a bit mental.

10. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

i have had the game for 6 months and got it from EB.

11. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

CD looks pretty clean. I believe you only get a 90 day warranty with software but if the game disc is fairly clean buy a copy from EBGames or rent from somewhere then take yours back at a busy time like just before Christmas and they'll just want to get you sorted and out the door rather than spend ages trying to sort it out as being genuine.
    I'm a bit mental.

12. SergeBMW is offline Hot Hatch

It is not illegal to make backup copies for yourself, it is however illegal to make copies and post it on torrent sites or sell it. So your okay.

I suggest ripping the game, and mounting it on a virtual drive so you wont have to deal with the DVD all the time, its easy and quick to do. If you need help, I can help you through MSN, just PM me if you want help.

One other quick solution is to, as said before, put some acrylic glue or that epoxy stuff on the center, and try to even it all out around the entire circle so it stays balanced, even though it wont be perfect. If its off balance, you can destroy the disk. But applying it all around that little area should balance it enough.

13. NitroBlueUK is offline Exoticar Driver

the cracking is caused by repetedly pushing your disk over the centre of the case thats the problem with these fixed centre disk holders instead of the old push down fittings that dont require force
    [imglink]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2800/signewbu2.jpg[/imglink]

Practice Safe Sex Go Screw Yourself!!!!

14. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

thats what i was thinking. i tried backing it up but all i get is securom. i used magic iso and daemon and didnt do a thing.

15. RamseyOfficial is offline .:The Official:.

Quote Originally Posted by DR. EVIL »
    how? now i know you guys dont like to do these things and probably think it is *illigal* but i do own the game, i will post a picture of my name and the disc.
    Use a program LIKE MagicISO and burn your TDU dvd into an ISO format. Then get a DVD-RW CD and and burn that ISO onto it.

And there ya go!

Quote Originally Posted by DR. EVIL »
    thats what i was thinking. i tried backing it up but all i get is securom. i used magic iso and daemon and didnt do a thing.
    Wow, i guess i should have read the whole thread. but you have to have a DVD RW Drive in your computer in order to burn DVDs. i do it all the time.

16. zo6dude is offline Like My Tail Lights?

I heard the cracking is caused by putting it in and out of the case to much.. the case just destroys the disk..

"Real men know how to turn right"
    - Me

17. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by RamseyOfficial »

you have to have a DVD RW Drive in your computer in order to burn DVDs.
    i do have one of these dvd drives and i have been using those types of discs.

18. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by SergeBMW »
    It is not illegal to make backup copies for yourself, it is however illegal to make copies and post it on torrent sites or sell it. So your okay.
    You have to be careful - you're allowed to backup the contents (data), but not bypass the CD-check. So use of virtual drives is illegal if you're using them to prevent the need for the disk to be in the drive for the copy protection check.

Quote Originally Posted by zo6dude »
    I heard the cracking is caused by putting it in and out of the case to much.. the case just destroys the disk..
    I've never had a problem, and I get games in and out of games loads (over years too), but you do have to be careful and not tug them out. Of course it's quite possible that it's a manufacturing defect, so taking it back to the shop as Diablo suggests is another possible plan.

19. NitroBlueUK is offline Exoticar Driver

* discussion about bypassing the games security is not permitted *

sorry i forgot
    Last edited by NitroBlueUK; 11/12/08 at 11:37 AM.
    [imglink]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2800/signewbu2.jpg[/imglink]

Practice Safe Sex Go Screw Yourself!!!!

20. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

It comes up saying windows cannot read from this file type or something like that.

I think, as long as you have paid and own the game fully, you should be allowed to do what ever you want with it. if you want to back it up and play without the cd, you should be allowed to. its just my way of thinking.
    Last edited by StrickenHAWK?; 11/12/08 at 21:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last