Topic:

rep.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

Default rep.

hi people of tdu-c,

i was just wondering why do i only get rep in user CP not when i post?

2. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

The rep in UCP is what other members of the forum gives you. The rep power grows slowly as you post. (Rep, and rep power is different things) Atleast that is what I think. Wait for Wool to explain it
    Last edited by Andreas¹; 08/12/08 at 19:18 PM.

3. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

ook thanks skiddies

4. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

The rep power can be seen in two places :
    In your profile, under your location
    In your UCP

The difference is that in UCP you can see when the rep was given and who gave it to you, if the the person who repped you left a comment.

5. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Quote Originally Posted by ●Koenigsegg● »
    The rep power can be seen in two places :
    In your profile, under your location
    In your UCP

The difference is that in UCP you can see when the rep was given and who gave it to you, if the the person who repped you left a comment.
    Actually, the rep power (which can be seen in your post) I don't think have anything to do with the amount of rep points you have.
    I have Rep Power 8, if I rep someone, they will get 8 rep points, and it's those that you can see in your UCP.
    You can see your amount of rep points by clicking on the rep button in your post, but that's irrelevant for now.

6. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

Uhm...I get it...if I rep someone I will give him 3 points. And I was wondering how could they rep me 68 times... Thanks.

7. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

so then how do you give them points in their post?

8. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

You rep people by clicking the lil medal button below a persons post
    I approve = Positive rep (IE, the kind everyone wants )
    The other is... not what people want

9. ExplosiveGoats is offline Car Aficianado

I am confused by it but i have a hunch that it does not involve rep points. I have 92 rep points but only 5 rep power.

10. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

I don't think Negative reps actually remove rep points from you though.

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

11. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

who gave me negative?

12. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Quote Originally Posted by RH12234 »
    I am confused by it but i have a hunch that it does not involve rep points. I have 92 rep points but only 5 rep power.
    I don't think Rep Power has too much to do with the Rep Points. I seem to gain one Rep Power for every 500 posts. Then again, they must be connected somehow, look at peoples Rep Power (for example Shadow and mine)

13. Nodz86 is offline ____________

IIRC rep points recieved and post count are related, and there are set value of posts your rep power will go up. Also by a certian amount of rep recieved your rep power will go up

14. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

So if for each 500 posts you gain rep power...you must have llike...4000 posts :crazy:

15. Nodz86 is offline ____________

No, I've recieved a bit of rep from Various threads/posts I've made thats why mine is quite high. As for the every 500 thing, it is set to that for a while then it starts getting a bigger gap not sure how much tho.

Also negative rep and infractions also lower rep points aswell iirc.

16. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

And if moderator or admin rep you it`s like 10x normal one...that`s what Wooly once said in the chatbox...

17. And3rs is offline Here for my yearly visit

ah, now i get it.. thanks

18. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Rep power is worked out by many factors with the main one being reputation received, however post count, longevity, activity etc also helps. BUT don't think a high postcount will work in your favour as I have said elsewhere postcount means nothing apart from the fact you have a lot of posts. Your reputation and rep power shows to other members how good or bad a member you are.

Example #1: User with 5000 posts and only been registered about 6 months but only 8 rep power and labelled as 'is making his way up the pack' or 'causing a stir' shows that member is a spammer and not very helpful.

Example #2: User with 500 posts and only been registered about 6 months but rep power above 10 shows this user is highly regarded by the community and provides good info and probably help. These people are usually assets of the community!

The above are just approximations and haven't been strictly thought out but it should give you some sort of idea of what to look for in regards to members and their participation and respect from the community.
    I'm a bit mental.

19. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

I`m causing a stir...

20. And3rs is offline Here for my yearly visit

me too... but your post count is higher

Page 1 of 2 12 Last