Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

1. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Default Test Drive Unlimited 2 not in 2009?

Phil Harrison let out a small bit of info regarding Atari's plans for 2009 in what wasn't going to be appearing in those 12 months, 3 key titles from the looks of it including our favourite!

Source: Eurogamer

Atari plans to revisit the likes of Baldur's Gate, Dungeons & Dragons, Neverwinter Nights and Test Drive Unlimited, but not in the next 12 months.

"You will hear more from these but not today, because we're focused on 2009," Infogrames president Phil Harrison told hacks assembled at a press event this afternoon.
    Source: Eurogamer

Maybe he's been quoted wrong and he's not talking about them right now but who knows, 2010? Meaning at least 3 (maybe even 4!) years from the original Xbox 360 release, sounds good and bad at the same time; good because the time means it should be even better than the first, bad ...well that should be obvious.
    I'm a bit mental.

2. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

*cries*

I was looking forward to it too. Humph.

+rep.
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

3. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

Thanks for the heads up.

Only wish it would come sooner.

4. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

aaaaaaawwwwww nooooooooooooo

5. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

TDU is becoming the freeroam Gran Turismo? lol I wonder though if the wording was wrong, you won't hear about those today.... as we're focussed on 2009 so did he mean yeah these aren't until after 2009 or these are for 2009 but will not be talked about today.

Either way I can wait, 2009 will have Race Pro, The Witcher, Ghostbusters, Riddick and many others. I'm hoping they realise that TDU is a big thing for them and are going to take the time to make it something great like the first one as the bar has been raised by MCLA for what people will expect in a game like this now.
    I'm a bit mental.

6. a nugget is offline BNR34 FTW!!!

if they haven't even started working on it, it will be a while, making a game is a lot of work.

7. Dragunov is offline Just a Skidmark

Most importantly, the TDu 2 will ever show up.

8. Gunned_Down666 is offline Burnout King

infogrames!! i Havent seen a game from them since hogs of war and that was a long time ago

9. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Infogrames own Atari, they just don't really publish under that brand anymore as Atari is more recognisable.
    I'm a bit mental.

10. SLRRR is offline Ace

Well i'm a bit dissapointed

But its one off the first things i hear about TDU 2

11. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

3 years is a decent development cycle (PC games can be quite a lot longer than this), especially if you consider that the same studio is also working on other games (Alone in the Dark recently). Some bits you can do in parrallel, but a lot you can't.

12. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Well AitD was running on an improved TDU engine iirc was it not and the lighting in that was very nice indeed.
    I'm a bit mental.

13. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Yup exactly - Twilight engine. They can't work on that in parrallel so they'll be improving it for AitD and then taking that and improving it further.

I really hope they add in a better networking engine though - very very tricky to create, but they've got to make something that's more tolerant of bad routers than the PC version of TDU was.

14. CorsaGxi-UK is offline TDU-C Drunk (Hicup...)

*Cries*

Ive read a few things about it but i am confused we going to hear about it in 2009 or not to be honest i thin atari are lazy. imo but never the less EA are the worst lol.
    ________
    IOLITE VAPORIZER
    Last edited by CorsaGxi-UK; 21/03/11 at 12:30 PM.

15. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

That is true kal, you would have to imagine that they have been doing some inhouse testing of this over the last couple of years not too mention they have been constantly hiring Network Engineers along with the other usuals such as Physics, Level, Model designers.

If anything I would like to think we will see TDU2 announced at E3 next year and released in Q1 of the 2010. Depending on when they announce it should tell us roughly when it's coming.

In a way it's good for us as I don't need to sell any more organs to pay for this place at the moment. lol
    I'm a bit mental.

16. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by CorsaGxi-UK »
    *Cries*

Ive read a few things about it but i am confused we going to hear about it in 2009 or not to be honest i thin atari are lazy. imo but never the less EA are the worst lol.
    This kind of attitude only seems to come from those who don't know what they're talking about

How are Atari or EA lazy? Do you think it's easy to create a modern computer game (go on - try to make one yourself!)

Quote Originally Posted by Wooly Sock »
    That is true kal, you would have to imagine that they have been doing some inhouse testing of this over the last couple of years not too mention they have been constantly hiring Network Engineers along with the other usuals such as Physics, Level, Model designers.

If anything I would like to think we will see TDU2 announced at E3 next year and released in Q1 of the 2010. Depending on when they announce it should tell us roughly when it's coming.

In a way it's good for us as I don't need to sell any more organs to pay for this place at the moment. lol
    hehe

I think you're about right with the timing - I'm not up on the ebs and flows of console release timings. Would be great to get a PC version in the same year though.

17. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Shame its not next year but if it is to be taken in the way that they are concentrating on 2009 releases then they would be near the end of the development process so we should be hearing stuff from 2010 releases from E3, as you said Diablo.

18. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Well, Not what i wanted to hear, But as you stated it should mean a better game!

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

19. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

To be honest, ever since I first started playing TDU I've believed there WON'T be a TDU2, and I still do. But I'm happy they plan to release a new Neverwinter Nights, the first one was awesome online xD.

20. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Okay, so it won't be next year. At least now it's kinda confirmed it will be a new one. Hopefully a longer development cycle will mean better quality, and less bugs. As the great Wool said, MCLA really raised the stakes, lets hope TDU2 will beat it!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last