Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

Default Driving in Hardcore Mode - FAQ

I have seen many people on TDUC now having difficulty driving/drifting in HCM (Hardcore Mode)

So i decided to do a dedicated FAQ about it

Post all your questions here and i will answer them ASAP for you

Thanks
    N1PPER

Q. How do you not drive into trees? To word it properly, how do you go fast around corners?

A. Know the car and corner, gently turn in and dont give too much throttle too soon, also make sure you are in the correct gear and have stopped braking before turning, if you need to adjust midcorner for any reason make sure you dont unsettle the car too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo
    With Hardcore mode it is fairly easy to keep in the one lane, want to learn what a cars limits are? Practice driving fast but keeping in the one lane, this way you learn the speeds the car can carry, the gears that work best and the way in which the car handles.
    Q. How do you drift around gentle bends? Also which would be more suited Low revs or highier?

A. Depends on the car, either use a higher gear and lower revs or a lower gear and higher revs. low revs would be more suited because you can gun it on the exit to the turn without fearing overrevving.

Q. Is it better to use a high gear or low gear while drifting?

A. Depends on the corner, if its a long sweeper then a higher gear would be more suited to allow the extension all the way round, whereas a lower gear would make you hit the redline and more than often end the drift. On the flipside if its a tight hairpin its a lower gear and higher revs to keep the wheels spinning.

Q. Does the Hardcore mode work better with the MS Wheel than the standard mode?

A. I cannot personally comment on this, but from what i have been told the wheel is much better in HardCore Mode
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritwolfx2
    Yes it does. I have the Microsoft Wireless Racing wheel and just recently downloaded HCM. The handling and control is a huge step up from the standard gameplay. Keep in mind that you will still have to tweek the sensitivity settings but thats the same with the standard mode as well.
    Last edited by Nipper; 16/04/07 at 19:31 PM.
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

2. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Default Re: Hardcore Mode Drifting FAQ

Could you just make a genral driving FAQ
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

3. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

Quote Originally Posted by Pherelas »
    Could you just make a genral driving FAQ
    done, thanks Baldred
    Last edited by Nipper; 06/04/07 at 19:17 PM.
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

4. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

I'll start it off then. How do you not drive into trees? To word it properly, how do you go fast around corners?
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

5. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

Default Re: Driving in Hardcore Mode - FAQ

will post all Q's and A's in the 1st post
    ||||||||||||||||||

6. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Pherelas »
    I'll start it off then. How do you not drive into trees? To word it properly, how do you go fast around corners?
    With Hardcore mode it is fairly easy to keep in the one lane, want to learn what a cars limits are? Practice driving fast but keeping in the one lane, this way you learn the speeds the car can carry, the gears that work best and the way in which the car handles. This is advice I usually give to people who have trouble staying on the road and so far it seems to be working.
    I'm a bit mental.

7. FA430RGT is offline Hoods and Alley-ways..

Wow not bad very legit.. My Q..
    How do you drift around gentle bends? Also which would be more suited Low revs or highier? Like to see another point of view...
    ...I Still Dawdle Round These Ends...

8. XxZanza LabzxX is offline Moo!

Wow, nice one Nipper.
    My Question is kinda similar to 430's.
    Is it better to use a high gear or low gear while drifting?

"Every action has a reaction. We've got one planet, one chance." - Tim McIlrath

9. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

updated
    ||||||||||||||||||

10. FA430RGT is offline Hoods and Alley-ways..

Nice write up there.. very pro IMO..
    ...I Still Dawdle Round These Ends...

11. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

430, i try to help

i try to word it good too, sometimes when i read it afterwards though it sounds like i just had 2 litres of Cider before typing LOL
    ||||||||||||||||||

12. Trustpt is offline Volkswagen Golf .:R GTI

Does the Hardcore mode work better with the MS Wheel than the standard mode?

13. Spiritwolfx2 is offline I put the FU in FUN

Quote Originally Posted by Trustpt »
    Does the Hardcore mode work better with the MS Wheel than the standard mode?
    Yes it does. I have the Microsoft Wireless Racing wheel and just recently downloaded HCM. The handling and control is a huge step up from the standard gameplay. Keep in mind that you will still have to tweek the sensitivity settings but thats the same with the standard mode as well.
    "I'm not afraid of dying, I just don't want to be there when it happens"

~Woody Allen

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

14. Wa1shy is offline Posts: 2,000,059

Q. Is it better to use a high gear or low gear while drifting?

A. Depends on the corner, if its a long sweeper then a higher gear would be more suited to allow the extension all the way round, whereas a lower gear would make you hit the redline and more than often end the drift. On the flipside if its a tight hairpin its a lower gear and higher revs to keep the wheels spinning.

What are the best gears for The RufRturbo?

15. Johansen is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wa1shy »

What are the best gears for The RufRturbo?
    2 and 3

16. LeoXXX is offline Just a Skidmark

sorry, what IS hardcore mode? is it in ps2 version?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Stage 3 Twin turbo yellow saleen.
    top speed: 252mph 0-60: 2.7 sec

17. Pranker51502 is offline Just a Skidmark

I don't know if this has been said. But its alot easier in Hardcore Mode if you use manual. Especially for the usual Automatic drivers.

18. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

Quote Originally Posted by LeoXXX »
    sorry, what IS hardcore mode? is it in ps2 version?
    im not sure on this, i dont think it is
    ||||||||||||||||||

19. bigbcraig is offline Making Skidmarks

any suggestions for cars to learn to drive in HCM well? (i ton't think that makes grammatical sense...) I learned how to drive good out of HCM in a noble m14, buit the powerband is way too jumpy for me in HCM.. it'll start spinning in 3rd gear.

I've been trying the TVR chim, and i hear the Gallardo is good, just bought one today but didnt really try it. Any suggestions?
    Making power at redline doesn't make you faster. Making more power at whatever rpm you are at now does.
    -Dave Coleman (SCC)

20. Phantom Paradox is offline GTP Racing

yeah the gallardo is a good car for HCM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 Last