Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. XxZanza LabzxX is offline Moo!

Default The *How To Use Hardcore Mode* thread

Okay, someone post this, cause I need a lot of help, I just got it today and drifting is hard as hell.
    Someone help?
    Please =]

"Every action has a reaction. We've got one planet, one chance." - Tim McIlrath

2. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Default Re: The *How To Use Hardcore Mode* thread

I'm not a great driver but I think it is slow into corners and then power all the way throgh the corner in hardcore mode or your will under-steer.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

3. FA430RGT is offline Hoods and Alley-ways..

Well you need practice thats all I can say.. (wait till nipper gets here then he can give you some lectures..)
    ...I Still Dawdle Round These Ends...

4. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Oh and start in a slower car, c class or somthing.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

5. RoaD-RaGe-Xtreme is offline Smoke 'em

You have probabbly heard this: "Slow in, Fast out". Well, try it. It works every time. It works for me too. The best is to use a high class car, which has a lot of ponys under the hood. Then when entering a turn hit the gas and keep the car stable and watch to not spin out. Then just keep flooring it until you exit. I hope I helped. Peace!
    Last edited by RoaD-RaGe-Xtreme; 07/04/07 at 16:28 PM.

6. XxZanza LabzxX is offline Moo!

Thanks all, I'll try it =]

7. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

slow in fast out????

no no no, do that and get maybe a 15 degree angle

you go into the corner as fast as possible, then either feint or handbrake, whichever is more comfortable

once in the slide to keep it going requires a LOT of steering and throttle input, once you master that move on to the tricky stuff

to extend your drift either give it full throttle in balance with steering or handbrake, or you can use the footbrakes in some situations

when going from a left to a right in one drift you just steer into the drift massively, then let it go the other way and catch it for the next corner, a transition, if you will

hope this helps, check my vids for corner speeds and such, or hit me up on LIVE and ill show you in person

good luck
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

8. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

I posted this at the atari US boards a while ago but it fits here also:

Quote Originally Posted by Diab
    The best method in my opinion is to feint, ie use the cars weight to unsettle the car, first turn away from the turn then turn back into it and give a squeeze of the throttle this will break the traction of the rear wheels and then just gently apply the throttle and counter steer to avoid the car coming round on you.

You could always go the handbrake method also but it seems a cheap way to get the car to slide plus there isn't really any game that can imitate the way a handbrake or e-brake for those in the US reacts when pulled this way.

The other method is what's called power over, enter a corner slow and then just floor it to unsettle the car then counter steer and throttle control through the corner.

There's also the braking drift but I don't know how well this game could imitate this because of the shoddyness of the brakes plus lack of brake balance. This is basically using the brakes into the corner to break out the rear end and then it's throttle and counter steer yet again.

The view is important also, I prefer to be in car because it's more lifelike and I hate the way the car acts when out car thus can't control it right, but then there's those who drift outcar who can't do anything but spin when incar. I also like the feeling of clipping an apex plus looking out the side window while the car is at quite an angle.

Oops forgot to say manual is best plus you need to get the best gear for the corner and also see if dropping or going up a gear is needed midway or at the exit.
    Cars that are easy to drift:
    Saleen S7TT
    RUF Rturbo
    RUF Rt12
    McLaren F1 GTR (LM is easy to get sideways but hard as hell to control)
    Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Medium difficulty:
    Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR
    Ferrari F40
    Ferrari F430/Spider (get it right and glides like a dream but very easy to lose the power and overrev)
    Mercedes-Benz CLK-DTM AMG
    Noble M400
    Saleen Coupe

That's all I have tried upto now, I try and stay away from the RUF's and Saleens as they're easy (apart from the RGT), I have found the standard F1 at Stage 3 to be somewhat of a drifter but damn is it hard to keep under control and also in the power, you have to flick between 2nd and 3rd gears often.

Well enjoy !
    I'm a bit mental.

9. XxZanza LabzxX is offline Moo!

Thanks Diablo & Nipper
    Last edited by XxZanza LabzxX; 07/04/07 at 10:53 AM.

10. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    Cars that are easy to drift:
    Saleen S7TT
    errr, may be easy to get sideways but to keep it there, damn its a constant battle
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

11. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by N1PPER »
    errr, may be easy to get sideways but to keep it there, damn its a constant battle
    4th gear and low revs does the job for me in keeping it at a nice angle, 3rd gear is too low for some corners I find.
    I'm a bit mental.

12. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    4th gear and low revs does the job for me in keeping it at a nice angle, 3rd gear is too low for some corners I find.
    i use 2nd 3rd and 4th for drifting, and nothing beats 5th for the highspeed motorway slalom
    ||||||||||||||||||

13. B1gSmurf is offline Rusted Banger

The oahu race circuit is good to practice

14. XxZanza LabzxX is offline Moo!

That's where I go ^
    I think I've mastered the RUF RT12 on that track, except for the BIG sweeper at the end.

15. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

seriously, practising on the track will mess you up when you hit the mountains

practise on the mountains is my suggestion, once you can get through them quite well then you can possibly drift anywhere

Tantalus is apparently the hardest mountain range, but i fin the 22 miles mountain stretch at the top of the map to be more challenging
    ||||||||||||||||||

16. XxZanza LabzxX is offline Moo!

Oh, okay, I'll give it a shot, message me when you're finished on Rainbow six and you can come show me how to drift (If you want) =D.

17. UkN0WnSCAA is offline GTP Racing

Quote Originally Posted by Neeson »
    Okay, someone post this, cause I need a lot of help, I just got it today and drifting is hard as hell.
    Someone help?
    Please =]
    your getting better at drifting dude...yea you did crash into some buildings and yes you did hit a hill that sent you into some random yard but your getting better
    My cars:
    Audi A3, Chevy Z06, Jaguar XJ220

18. XxZanza LabzxX is offline Moo!

LOOOOL ^^
    That was funny stuff =]
    Remember that house with the tennis court Haha!

19. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

Neeson, sorry bout not teaching you the other night, was in the process of making a Video with a few guys (i will post as soon as i get permission)

tonight at some point will be ok i think
    ||||||||||||||||||

20. XxZanza LabzxX is offline Moo!

Lol it's no problem mate

Page 1 of 2 12 Last