Page 1 of 2 12 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 26

  1. iBilo is offline ;)
     
    Location: UK
    Posts: 2,119

    #1

    Default Now I'm having a rant.

    You saw above, I'm having a rant.

    TDU Mods are just falling apart, every single lazy idiot who can't be bothered to make or learn how to make their own mods have to go pester the modders until they give up and end up making the bloody thing.

    The atmosphere of this place WAS great. Now the atmosphere sucks frog's balls. Because of these idiots who don't go outside and can only get fun from pissing off everyone else.

    When some unsuspecting person makes a post, some moron flames. the other guy replies and two retards argue for no reason and then the rest of the ass's join. One retard makes one annoying post, another moron flames and the rest of the idiots start flaming.

    This is harsh, but this is what TDU:C is now. People need to grow the hell up and go outside, its not that flaming scary. Its called "getting a life".


    This place WAS awesome.

    [admin edit:] As angry as you are rules are rules so your post has been edited.



  2. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!
     
    Location: Melbourne, Australia
    Posts: 3,198

    #2

    Default

    Whoa calm down man. It isn't that bad around here we just have a few bad eggs who don't know when to not say anything.

    By the way calling everyone assholes & other names is just gonna get them to gang up on you so for your own sake i'd delete this topic or get a mod to close it or something.

    Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

  3. Shy Guy is offline Car Aficianado
    Location: England
    Posts: 3,188

    #3

    Default

    Thats pretty harsh, most of the people probably don't know stuff about it, and I don't know when was the atmosphere of this place was great, because I just joined around october, and this place isn't that bad...

  4. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D
     
    Location: UK
    Posts: 2,983

    #4

    Default

    I find it disappointing and slightly worrying that you can't think of any other words to use than swear words.

  5. RB26DETT is offline Banned
    Location: Manila, Philippines
    Posts: 5,389

    #5

    Default

    swearing aside

    i do agree with chris that these people sign up to the forum not to be involved with the community, but for the sake of hoping for their every greedy request to be granted. i call these people, forum noobs.

    i think that most of the modders here don't give a care about every single request thread you see everytime you click the new posts. if i was given the talent of modding, i would ignore all the request threads and make cars i like and what some of my closest tdu buddies want.

    if the requests section takes up the forums' bandwith, best to take it down because 99% of the requests don't get made.

    tdu-c's success may lead to it's downfall.

  6. hpluls is offline Bogan Chariot Aficionado
    Location: Lower Silesia, Poland
    Posts: 3,265

    #6

    Default

    I agree, I just read the NFS Undercover car pack thread... Some people are just sad.

  7. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D
     
    Location: UK
    Posts: 2,983

    #7

    Default

    I suppose what you could do is set some very strict rules around requests. You know, have to be polite, no demanding, no nagging, wait patiently, tough tits if no one makes it, certainly NO requests in WIP/Release threads, etc, etc. Any requests that don't apply to that rule will be deleted. End of, no warning.
    You'd probably need to get a couple more mods on the request forum though :/

  8. RB26DETT is offline Banned
    Location: Manila, Philippines
    Posts: 5,389

    #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randomus_r »
    I suppose what you could do is set some very strict rules around requests. You know, have to be polite, no demanding, no nagging, wait patiently, tough tits if no one makes it, certainly NO requests in WIP/Release threads, etc, etc. Any requests that don't apply to that rule will be deleted. End of, no warning.
    You'd probably need to get a couple more mods on the request forum though :/
    it's trying to get the n00bs to follow them which will be hard. they sign up, and post away in the request thread. "make me x car pl0x pl0x pl0x nao!"

    you could put up a message like what i had when i signed up to ipodtouchfans. if you're a member for less than a week, you get a message banner on every page you visit reminding you about the rules and to use the search button.

  9. TDU 505 is offline Clinically Insane
    Location: Singapore
    Posts: 2,754

    #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NIVEAFORMEN »

    tdu-c's success may lead to it's downfall.
    Hey thats my line!
    Anyway i agree with him. I go click on New Posts and this is what i see

    The Bin
    Vehicle Models
    Requests
    Requests
    Gaming In General
    Requests
    Requests
    Requests
    Auto News & Discussion
    Requests
    Requests
    Requests
    Requests


    I hope you get the point. I disagree with you RB. I do believe some modders actually do try to get things done. I'm not a modder myself so i don't have any experience in modding but i don't think each mod is a 5 minute job. They're working on one, n00bs (RB's n00bs) ask them to "release it quick (or to that effect)". They hurry, possibly neglecting other things in their life (@n00bs: THEY HAVE LIVES TOO YOU KNOW)

    They then come here, click on New Posts and see another mound of Request, mostly from people with ONE post (c'mon, this forum wasn't for requests) and they expect it to be "released quickly". Don't you think its too much?

    If i were a modder, i swear i'll quit!

    I don't blame T3hr3ap3r (sorry if i spelt it wrongly, its complicated.) for quiting modding (if my sources are right) because i would certainly would and i dont think i'd be alone.

    Just because they're here, they aren't to be taken advantage off, they're here as normal members till the "n00bs" come and they get labelled "Modders" (nothing against you Diablo, but it shows "n00bs" who to approach) who get bugged 24/7!

    I don't know what else to say but i know i still have something in here thats dying to come out.
    Last edited by TDU 505; 26/11/08 at 12:21 PM.

  10. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D
     
    Location: UK
    Posts: 2,983

    #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NIVEAFORMEN »
    it's trying to get the n00bs to follow them which will be hard. they sign up, and post away in the request thread. "make me x car pl0x pl0x pl0x nao!"
    Yes, but if they do that it gets deleted, end of. They'll learn quickly enough.

  11. RB26DETT is offline Banned
    Location: Manila, Philippines
    Posts: 5,389

    #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MARK1992 »


    I hope you get the point. I disagree with you RB. I do believe some modders actually do try to get things done.
    well, just to carry over my reply to this from our MSN convo.

    [21:21] Justin: what did you disagree with me on? i didn't quite understand that line
    [21:22] ๘۩๘۩ஜ๘۩๘۩ॐ๑©ॐ๑Heart Breakers And Life Takers.๑ॐ©๑ॐ۩๘۩๘ஜ۩๘۩๘: on the line
    [21:22] ๘۩๘۩ஜ๘۩๘۩ॐ๑©ॐ๑Heart Breakers And Life Takers.๑ॐ©๑ॐ۩๘۩๘ஜ۩๘۩๘: wait
    [21:22] ๘۩๘۩ஜ๘۩๘۩ॐ๑©ॐ๑Heart Breakers And Life Takers.๑ॐ©๑ॐ۩๘۩๘ஜ۩๘۩๘: i'll quote it here
    [21:22] ๘۩๘۩ஜ๘۩๘۩ॐ๑©ॐ๑Heart Breakers And Life Takers.๑ॐ©๑ॐ۩๘۩๘ஜ۩๘۩๘: i think that most of the modders here don't give a care about every single request thread you see everytime you click the new posts
    [21:22] ๘۩๘۩ஜ๘۩๘۩ॐ๑©ॐ๑Heart Breakers And Life Takers.๑ॐ©๑ॐ۩๘۩๘ஜ۩๘۩๘: this line
    [21:22] Justin: ahhhhh
    [21:22] Justin: well i think so. since the cars the make weren't requested in the first place ;P

  12. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!
     
    Location: Scotland, UK
    Posts: 20,382

    #12

    Default

    Even though I understand you are pissed off as am I please note that these issues can usually be shut down quickly by reporting the trouble post or thread by clicking the Report icon ([imglink]http://forum.tdu-central.com/images/styles/industrial/buttons/report.gif[/imglink]). The staff are alerted to this via email and a post in the forum and we can be on it in a short time.

    And I have said it not too long ago, the ever increasing popularity of this place could spell trouble, I've seen it happen but one thing that will never help is if people take matters into their own hands, it just doesn't help and usually results in more fuel onto the fire.

    We're watching the situation but we can't watch it all so please guys Rreport, Report, Report!!

    MARK1992: Check the thread that Requested the Todays Posts didn't show the Requests threads and you will see the link I posted regarding this. In fact I'm going to add this link to the Quick Links dropdown when I think about it. Something like Today's Posts / -Requests.

    Cheers!
    I'm a bit mental.

  13. RB26DETT is offline Banned
    Location: Manila, Philippines
    Posts: 5,389

    #13

    Default

    thanks for the tip diablo. i never thought the report button was for disciplining as well. i use it for the spammers.

  14. TDU 505 is offline Clinically Insane
    Location: Singapore
    Posts: 2,754

    #14

    Default

    What? Sorry didn't get what you said to me.
    *whoops*
    EDIT: read it again and i understand now. I see thank you

  15. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994
     
    Location: Varna, Bulgaria
    Posts: 6,759

    #15

    Default

    I`m pissed off as well...let`s just forget about it...

  16. Nodz86 is offline ____________
     
    Location: Essex, England
    Posts: 3,209

    #16

    Default

    I must admit I can agree with you all, with whats said but if i'm honest I can't see an easy fix.

    Being part of the modding community for another game (ETS) all the request go in one section like on here. The only thing that is done different is the mods warn (not infract) people who requests in people's threads of releases or private models and persistant offenders get infractions. The requests are normally high but not like here (trucks don't have the same appeal as cars) but they normally get one or two replies then die a death unless someone takes up the work.

    IMO warning people about requesting will be very time consuming for the mods, so all we can do is say to the offender is something like "thats not for here" and direct them to the request area. After this and if they keep buggin mods to make a model or buggin them to release a private model then report them like diablo says.

    And as for the requests in the new posts link etc, I've kinda got used to it.

    Anyways thats my 2 pennies worth.

  17. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/
     
    Location: Bongland
    Posts: 2,003

    #17

    Default

    Hmm, most people see a forum idiot/noob/troll/whatever and think to themselves, "plonker" and carry on with life. ;/
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

  18. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994
     
    Location: Varna, Bulgaria
    Posts: 6,759

    #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [TC] Nipper »
    Hmm, most people see a forum idiot/noob/troll/whatever and think to themselves, "plonker" and carry on with life. ;/
    And...if we start to arrgue with each one...what will happen?

  19. gingervette is offline Corvette = Win
     
    Location: Kentucky, USA
    Posts: 1,032

    #19

    Default

    All you have done here is get people mad at you. Venting or Ranting or whatever you want to call it does nothing because the facts are, the people who are losers and who come on here just to be lazy and cause trouble will never change and will do the same thing for the entirety of their time here.

    Diablo and Guru do the best they cna and you'll just have to be patient and ignore the ones that cause trouble.
    U mad bro?

  20. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D
    Location: Espírito Santo, Brazil
    Posts: 3,618

    #20

    Default

    or ban them...

    I like the Idea of warning requesters requesting in WIP or Beta threads and if they continue, ban them.

    I'm not really gonna say anything because it won't help so I'll just see what other say and agree or disagree with them.


 
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

about us

  • turboduck is a community that is dedicated to driving and racing games of all types on all platforms. Whether it's ticking off the miles/kilometres while exploring an open world, crashing and exploding everything in an insane balls-to-the-wall arcade racer, or nailing down every apex and trimming off every tenth possible in authentic sim-racing. It's all up for discussion as we enjoy the virtual cars, bikes, and everything else that these games offer. So join us, jump into the discussions, and don't think too much about why a 'duck' is our mascot. ;)
turboduck twitter turboduck facebook turboduck youtube turboduck twitter turboduck rss