Topic:

The Island

1. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms

Default The Island

To be Honest I think they've done a good job of making it the same as Oahu.

Oahu Island Real.

http://www.hear.org/naturalareas/oah...islets_map.jpg

TDU Oahu Map.

http://static.flickr.com/94/245465122_8e2fe34ce2_b.jpg

They did say that they've done the island on the game down to the block the same as the real Oahu island.

2. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms

Default Re: The Island

Want more, go to www.flashearth.com and type in oahu in the search bar. Pretty amazing imho.
    Last edited by eleKtro; 05/04/07 at 10:48 AM.

3. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

They did well but they haven't done it down to the block as there is a lot of residential areas left out as well as military bases but I guess that parts understandable. They have done a really good job of the main roads though but if you look around the south of the island you can see they have missed a few things out.
    I'm a bit mental.

4. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms

Yea, but I don't mind every little detail. I'm hoping in TDU 2 they have Uk as a island

5. Nige is offline Buy American ....

Them two maps are very smiliar if not the same thats gud attention to detail Atari !!! Well done !!!
    Canada 2010 Ice Hockey Winter Olympic Gold Medal winners!

6. FA430RGT is offline Hoods and Alley-ways..

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax »
    Yea, but I don't mind every little detail. I'm hoping in TDU 2 they have Uk as a island
    UK is Waaaay to big for them to do sadly mind you I wouldn't mind.... Monaco? Or maybe.. I really don't know what they're gonna choose next...
    ...I Still Dawdle Round These Ends...

7. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms

Quote Originally Posted by FA430RGT »
    UK is Waaaay to big for them to do sadly mind you I wouldn't mind.... Monaco? Or maybe.. I really don't know what they're gonna choose next...
    The way things are looking with all these next generation games I don't think using the Uk will be that much of a challenge. You know South East of the map where the creator is that is amazing, they've done a great replica of it.

8. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

UK will be a challange mate. 388,008 km of roads, 244,820 sq km of land, 471 airports, 17,156 km of railways. Its big and isn't going to happen for a long long time.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

9. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

Quote Originally Posted by Pherelas »
    UK will be a challange mate. 388,008 km of roads, 244,820 sq km of land, 471 airports, 17,156 km of railways. Its big and isn't going to happen for a long long time.
    plus the Explorer acheivement will be impossible
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

10. CarlosF22 is offline Run CF Run!!!

I think Puerto Rico can be good for TDU2, just google earth it. But for now, I don't think there'll be TDU2, they'll just add to TDU, like cars, more features, ect.
    Gli automobili italiani sono il la cosa migliore.

11. viper4shane is offline Member

its accurate for the most part. im from oahu and they have most of the location and are missing some locations. but i'd say its 85% accurate.

Black Sunday...

12. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

^^It must be extremely cool to have driven some of the island in real life and then drive it in style with supercars in a computer game . I remember when i went to Nice and then went to play Driver 3 it felt weird because i knew quite a few of the areas

13. viper4shane is offline Member

yup, it really is deja vu.

Black Sunday...