1. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

Default Installing to Hard-Drive, Your Reviews.

With the majority of the community currently using just 20Gb of storage It is essential to know what's worth installing on the xbox hard-drive. I'm trying to compile a list of Hits and Misses for HDD installation, what games benefit from the installs, what have no difference, and what are plain awful.

I will constantly update this post.

To see a comprehensive list of game's and their install size, see Nodz86's thread [here]

Feel free to debate a review if you have had a different experience.

Reviews to be carried out in the following format.

Game: [Game Name]
    Install Size: [Game Size]
    Comments: [Eg. Reduced Popup, Smoother textures]
    Reccomended?: [Yes/No/Neutral]*

*In reccomending, think from the perspective of a 20Gig user, Is it worth removing all your videos and music etc.?

Game: Test Drive Unlimited
    Install Size: 3.4Gb
    Comments: Pop-up severely reduced, Textures smoother, Draw distance increased, More AI spawn, Possible lag reduction, Damaged disks more likely to work (ask N1PPER)
    Reccomended?: Yes

Game: Forza Motorsport 2
    Install Size: 5.3Gb
    Comments: Slightly faster menus. No major differences except less disk noise.
    Reccomended?: Neutral

Game: Grand Theft Auto IV
    Install Size: 6.8Gb
    Comments: Increased popup, Increased dialogue lag, Longer loading times.
    Reccomended?: No
    Last edited by Who; 23/11/08 at 16:33 PM.
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

2. Nodz86 is offline ____________

I've already got a list going dodgem, I could intergrate this into it to save multiple threads

3. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

that sounds good, the reason i made a new thread was due to the fact that yours doesnt show affect of install, only the raw size, I made this cause i installed the (bloody huge) GTAIV and found it the biggest waste of space ever. With this thread people can share advice and prevent themselves installing a king sized lemon.
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

4. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Add me to msn and we'll talk about it and sort out the best way of doing it

Search Tags

cheesecake
hard-drive installations
nxe
reviews