1. Tysmyster is offline Just a Skidmark

Default Pedal sensitivity in TDU

Hi everyone,

I know it's not possible to adjust the pedal sensitivity ingame in TDU but I was wondering if some of you might have found a way around this. I think this game would be a lot better if the pedals were a whole lot less sensitive so you could actually put a little pressure on your brake and not immediately start to lock up your wheels.
    I drive in HC mode most of the time because I find the handling of the cars much more enjoyable in this mode. I just wish I could pull up without wheel spin (it's almost impossible even in the Saturn Sky!) and brake without locking up right away. You notice this especially when driving very slow.

Anything you guys know about that I don't? Would love to hear about it.
    Put your simpits on display on The Way I Play.com!

Check and add to The Collection

2. Sunny is offline VIP MEMBER

yea i hate that too...but i havnt found a way to change just the PEDAL sensitivity.

3. BobbyV is offline insomniac

That's why they call it Hard Core mode. Whatever u do, u gonna burn some rubber Anyway it's possible to pull up without spinning but this needs some practice and a good wheel like G25. Also if this annoys u, u can avoid the spinning by turning the driving aids on.

4. Andreas╣ is offline Crazy Duck

Never had this problem, wierd... I have to stand on the brake pedal just to get the brake lights to turn on. If I'm 'lucky', the wheels will lock.

5. NitroBlueUK is offline Exoticar Driver

if you have a g25 you can change the pedal sensitivity in the wingman control panel then again you could do that with any logitech wheel if you go into wingman and click the pedal or the wheel and select axis properties you can change deadzones and sensitivity you can also invert the axis and also change the axis properties
    [imglink]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2800/signewbu2.jpg[/imglink]

Practice Safe Sex Go Screw Yourself!!!!

6. Sponge is offline Spongify

If you hold the clutch in, downshift to 1st, keep the clutch in and then lay on the brake, you can brake softer, and have the lights come on without wheel lockup (On certain cars)

SOOAG - Smug Owner of a G27
    Winner POTW: Week 28, 53

Proud Owner Of TDU's FIRST Manual Shift Gallardo
    Flickr
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

7. NitroBlueUK is offline Exoticar Driver

i dont have that issue

my settings are
    Gas, Brake, Clutch And Wheel = 90% sensitivity, deadzone = 0%, range = 100%

Device Settings
    Overall Effects Strength, Spring Effect Strength, Damper Effect Strength = 100%
    Centering Strength = 15%
    Degrees Of Rotation = 720 Degrees

BTW I Have Logitech G25

8. Andreas╣ is offline Crazy Duck

How can you drive with 720 degrees? o_O If I tried it, I would do nothing else than flapping arms the whole day o_O

9. Tysmyster is offline Just a Skidmark

Well thanks guys,

I actually do have a G25, and I use 900 degrees rotation btw.
    I'll look into the profiler settings to see if I can adjust the pedal sensitivity there like you said.

Thanks
    Put your simpits on display on The Way I Play.com!

Check and add to The Collection

10. NitroBlueUK is offline Exoticar Driver

720 give you more response than 900 but everyone has their preference i use 720 because it feels better for drifting anythin less than that is overkill but anything more is just rediculous and takes forever to drift

11. Maug is offline i'm in the wall...

Where can i find the settings for pedals sensitivity and deadzones please?
    I'd like to tweak all that because i don't like much how it's handled but i can't find where it is. I'd also like to know if the FFB can be tweaked to get a better response. I don't like much the fact there's no ffb feeling when close to center.
    Thanks.

12. SergeBMW is offline Hot Hatch

Well there is a trick I found out by being OVERLY frustrated with the same problem on my G25.

Once you are in your car, go to controls, and click the Accelerate and when it sais push the axis or wahtever, push very very slowly, once you hit the stop, let go quickly, do the same for the brake pedal. This fixed it up completely, but the stupid wheel skid still sounds but its not actually skiiding, and with the sensitivity lowered on the wingman controls, it will be better.

BTW, I also drive with 900 degree xD

Maug: Do you use the G25? It does have a problem with the little feel of FFB while centered, if you search around on google, theres a fix for that.

13. NitroBlueUK is offline Exoticar Driver

i use 15% springback on ffb that way the steering is about as tight as it would normally be in a car but it doesnt wrench the wheel from your hands

14. dirtyrat is offline Just a Skidmark

dude,
    I almost returned my g25 because of the wheel spin. Thanks a lot. for those who are having trouble controling ur car because of wheel spin follow the instruction I highlighted.
    once again, thanks SergeBMW

Quote Originally Posted by SergeBMW »
    Well there is a trick I found out by being OVERLY frustrated with the same problem on my G25.

Once you are in your car, go to controls, and click the Accelerate and when it sais push the axis or wahtever, push very very slowly, once you hit the stop, let go quickly, do the same for the brake pedal. This fixed it up completely, but the stupid wheel skid still sounds but its not actually skiiding, and with the sensitivity lowered on the wingman controls, it will be better.

Maug: Do you use the G25? It does have a problem with the little feel of FFB while centered, if you search around on google, theres a fix for that.

15. RX_37 is offline Peugeot RCZ THP 200

I am also able to break without the tire screeching. But i only use a normal handheld controller. It's just a matter of how much you break. And ofc there is always engine braking.

16. Racers Hardware is offline ...powered by

Quote Originally Posted by SergeBMW »

thx for this hind.

do you have the link to this fix?