Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

Default TDU: Install to Hardrive [NXE]

Has anyone else tried the option to install to Hardrive with the New Xbox Experience?

Perhaps this is just a placebo effect, but following the install, load times seemed shorter, traffic seemed smother, draw distance better and much more detail from long distances, with less pop up of buildings and trees.

Has anyone else noticed similar things happening, and can anyone do a direct comparison? Thanks
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

2. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

It's seems noticeable on TDU, it's like a new game for me now, looks much better and it doesn't lag at all for me, not even in the city.

3. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Will try it out somewhen after I spend more time on fable 2. Sounds like what it should do.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

4. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

Can't wait to Save PGR4 to my HDD

5. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

Tsk tsk tsk we PC & PS3'ers have been doing that for ages.

2000 POSTS WOOT!!!!

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

6. Shy Guy is offline Car Aficianado

It doesn't lag a lot now...

7. Who

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGT »

On the PS3, which erm, doesnt have TDU?

*chucks a can of failbeans*

I'm not dead!

8. TimBud is offline brmm

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGT »
    Do you ever post anything thats worthwhile?
    But to be fair the 360 hasn't needed the install feature because its disc drive can spin fast enough to keep decent load times. Whereas the BluRay drive on the PS3 is still pretty slow, hence the install feature there is a necessity if you want to have a playable game.

9. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore Penguin »
    Do you ever post anything thats worthwhile?
    But to be fair the 360 hasn't needed the install feature because its disc drive can spin fast enough to keep decent load times. Whereas the BluRay drive on the PS3 is still pretty slow, hence the install feature there is a necessity if you want to have a playable game.
    No i just dont see why everyone is getting hyped over a feature that frankly should of been standard with the 360 at launch.

"Oooh look at me i can install my games to the 360 Hard drive now" Big whoop it only took them like what? 2, 3 years? Microsoft is starting to lose the console race now & they know it. Why do you think they are ripping off other consoles ideas now(Mii's from nintendo & NXE is pretty much a rip off of the PS3 XMB with a few fancy features)

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

10. TimBud is offline brmm

No one is getting hyped about it except you though?!

11. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

No one is getting hyped about it except you though?!
    Now Now, don't bait the fanboy.
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

12. TimBud is offline brmm

aww, but its like catching fish in a barrel. its just so easy to turn down such an opportunity.

...hey you got an R8 yet?...

13. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

...hey you got an R8 yet?...
    Wrong thread for MCLA chat. But no I haven't.

On topic: I installed TDU onto my HDD from my cracked disc (with a quarter inch cr@ck in the centre) and it works flawlessly now, even though before I installed it I got disc unreadable!!
    Last edited by Nipper; 21/11/08 at 15:43 PM.
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

14. TimBud is offline brmm

Quote Originally Posted by [TC] Nipper »
    On topic: I installed TDU onto my HDD from my cracked disc (with a quarter inch cr@ck in the centre) and it works flawlessly now, even though before I installed it I got disc unreadable!!
    'Yeah but the PS3 could install from a disc in 2 halfs'.

15. BAk99 is offline Square Sausage FTW!

Ave not done it to TDU but i have installed Midnight Club: LA and it seems to not so much make loading times faster but there is certainly no visible graphic loading or car loading times anymore.

The real test comes down to games like Left 4 Dead and GTA: IV.

www.BAk99.co.uk
    YOUTUBE: BAk99official
    FACEBOOK: BAk99official
    TWITTER: BAk99
    TWITCH: BAk99

16. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

'Yeah but the PS3 could install from a disc in 2 halfs'.
    'Yea, but the PC can install a game without any disc of any kind at all!!'

Therefore, if we assume the above two statements to be true, then PC > PS3 > X360.

But in reality it is more like PC > X360 > Wii > PS2 > Gamecube > Atari 2600 > NES > Delaystation 3.

*Awaits the fanboys reply*
    ||||||||||||||||||

17. Nodz86 is offline ____________

TDU with harddrive install is great, graphics look sharper, especially in car, loads unbeleivably quick on the loading scvreens, and no traffic pop up as of yet. Cars still take a second to load in the garage but not as bad as it used to be. loving it.

Shadow stop being a fanboy, its getting annoying now, if its not constructive and just blantently slagging off things about the xbox then don't post.

18. Who

just one itsy bitsy little fanbait...

PS3 users dont brag about the install to hardrive because as soon as a MANDATORY install comes along it becomes much less fun! ...*cough*GTA IV*cough*

I'm not dead!

19. iBilo is offline ;)

Shadow just go buy the Megapack for TDU PC.

And how do you install games to the hard drive btw? I'm gonna do it for Forza and maybe TDU if the disc doesn't die and stuff.

20. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Put the disc in then press Y to select Info or something and then select Install to HDD.

If the disc spins up when you insert it hit Guide and then Y to go back to dash.
    I'm a bit mental.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last