1. NitroBlueUK is offline Exoticar Driver

Default Learning To Drift

Ill be updating this thread with a new vid every couple of days with a new vid for the next couple of weeks until i have it completely perfect. I am learning to drift and so far have up to day 3 please let me know what you think and rate me so far.

Day 3 http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GEGY8C10wA8
    Last edited by NitroBlueUK; 20/11/08 at 21:33 PM.
    [imglink]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2800/signewbu2.jpg[/imglink]

Practice Safe Sex Go Screw Yourself!!!!

2. Sponge is offline Spongify

very good! some nice drifts there. Music is awesome too!

SOOAG - Smug Owner of a G27
    Winner POTW: Week 28, 53

Proud Owner Of TDU's FIRST Manual Shift Gallardo
    Flickr
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

3. Rodrighazzo is offline I'm the king of glitches!

very cool man!
    i'm trying to drift too, but with the Corvette Z06 and the Viper xD

"Impossible is nothing"

4. SLRRR is offline Ace

I should go for the Ford Mustang GT-R Concept, really easy to drift with.

5. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Some very nice slides there mate, i've got a bit of advice for you, but not because you did anything wrong, just to try and help you in the future:
    - Stop Using The Handbrake
    Learning to drift without the handbrake is the best piece of advice I can give you. The handbrake is there, but it's not a necessity for drifting, and it can throw the car off-balance quite a bit if you are going too fast into the wrong corner, as well as slow you down quite a bit if you're going for wide corners. Learn to hold power-over and feint drifts and you'll go flying past everyone skillfully in tandem matches.
    - Don't Be Afraid To Stay On The Throttle
    You say you're learning to drift but you are much better than most people I know that say they can drift and that's because you know how to handle your car, so now try staying on the throttle a bit more and explore different bends at different speeds because yes, you will spin out quite a bit but you will learn how your car behaves in different conditions a lot better, another tip for you to keep up a good speed round corners.

You are doing perfect at the moment mate, just STAY AWAY FROM THE VIPER for drifting. I'm a huge Viper fan, but muscle cars aren't meant for drifting, and people who learn to drift with muscle cars (usually the Viper) usually can't handle many lower-powered vehicles after sticking with it for so long. I like to use my Nismo 350Z R-Tune Power for track drifting and my 350Z for touge drifting, but that's just me, explore different cars, and the XJ220 is another great car for faster tracks (i.e. the Oahu Raceway) as well as the 575M and the 8C Competizione, and if you want something for a touge or slower track that's easy to throw round bends, go for the TVR Sagaris, it's a bit of a challenge on steep touges, but that makes it all the more fun , and it's very easy to get into a slide and hold it.

You're doing great, keep it up .

P.S. I keep seeing everyone with the RPS15 Silvia, can anyone link me to a download link? Because i've not seen a page for it . Tyvm.

6. NitroBlueUK is offline Exoticar Driver

thanks for the advice ill let you guys know how im doing soon new vid on sat

https://cid-8ee1b101b9638f88.skydriv....com/home.aspx

thats pollox sky drive the mods on there it replaces tvr 440r thats what im using and it comes with the sound mod and rims
    Last edited by NitroBlueUK; 20/11/08 at 21:33 PM.

7. Rodrighazzo is offline I'm the king of glitches!

try with this car Mercedes Benz SL500 ( the old one) , you are going to look like a Expert Drifter, cos you can do drift very easy and without the handbrake, try it ^^

"Impossible is nothing"

8. NitroBlueUK is offline Exoticar Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Rodrighazzo »
    try with this car Mercedes Benz SL500 ( the old one) , you are going to look like a Expert Drifter, cos you can do drift very easy and without the handbrake, try it ^^
    yea i would like to be a pro but looking like a pro and being a pro are completely different like i could look like a pro if i use the hypersport function on driving aids but i would rather them be off as its more realistic and i have more control over the drift even if i do sometimes push to far

9. NitroBlueUK is offline Exoticar Driver

Day 6 http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SlNwW4qSLX0

Not as long as the last ive been quite busy this week but heres a clip just to keep you up to date with my progress.
    stalled twice on this clip but im managing to stay on the track more and am getting more consistent let me know what you think.

10. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Quote Originally Posted by NitroBlueUK »
    yea i would like to be a pro but looking like a pro and being a pro are completely different like i could look like a pro if i use the hypersport function on driving aids but i would rather them be off as its more realistic and i have more control over the drift even if i do sometimes push to far
    That's brilliant thinking, most people are just concerned with looking like a pro. Such as Viper drifters, sure, they look like pros because the car slides so much and makes so much smoke, but if you actually take it to the track and try drifting it yourself you will see how little skill it takes at all.

And as for your video, you're getting better and you're not jumping off the throttle as much anymore, keep up the good work mate .

11. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

thats a great start dude. its all practise. when i first started i found that the ford GT was the best to drift with.

12. NitroBlueUK is offline Exoticar Driver

thanks guys ill post more soon im looking at using a mclaren f1 LM next or a ruf rt12

13. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

I wouldn't recommend the McLaren F1 LM, but the RUF RT12 is a good idea, but the RTurbo is a better one .

14. me™ is offline *turbo whistle*

Quote Originally Posted by DriftNismo »
    I wouldn't recommend the McLaren F1 LM, but the RUF RT12 is a good idea, but the RTurbo is a better one .
    I'm split between the RT12 and the Rturbo. I find them pretty similar. Just don't tune them! lol!

I agree with your post earlier about the Ferrari 575M, great for drifting when tuned to stg3, the 612 is worth a try too. The longer wheelbase means it's a little more stable. Tune it to stg3 too.

A stg0 Farboud can be quite fun too. Hell, I've gotten to the point where I jump in any RWD car and try my hardest to get it sideways. The big Lexuses don't work though... um... the LS or something.

Oh yeah, another good one is the Aston DB7 Zagato. Again tuned to stg3, floor it in 3rd gear on the corners, don't worry about it bouncing off the rev limiter...

15. NitroBlueUK is offline Exoticar Driver

on the raceway the big corner near the end would you recommend leaving it in 3rd and using less throttle or dropping to 2nd half way round and nailing it ? because i keep stalling out 3/4 the way round in 3rd

16. NitroBlueUK is offline Exoticar Driver

Ok its been a long time since i posted in this thread but i thought what the hell ill let you guys see how i got on once i finished practicing. my perfect car i found was the spyker c8T. This was also done in tribute to grin116's great d1gp silvia. Hope you guys enjoy this as much as i enjoyed making it. please comment.

If the video above doesn't show click here to view it.

17. andrew1320 is offline VTAK!!!!!!!!

wow nice man!

Nismo Power

18. T0M722 is offline "POWWEERRRR!!"

great

Flickr

TDU2 '11 (we're hoping ^^)