1. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Default Saleen for Sale

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/09/s...e-up-for-sale/

Well, never thought you'd see this, but I guess since the US economy is in such shambles it's not likely people will buy expensive cars like they used to. Lets just hope it doesn't get bought by some foreign (IE: Chinese, Indian) automaker and turned into a joke.
    I'm a bit mental.

2. TDU 505 is offline Clinically Insane

Finally! End of Saleen!

3. t.
    t. is offline Retired

Should it all go wrong they will be missed...... by someone I'm sure.

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

4. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too

When I saw the thread title I thought you meant somebody was selling a Saleen S281 for a ridiculously low price...

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...

5. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

Well I don't think it'll be the last tuner/low volume manufacturer/design house to go

The euorpean car industry is in big trouble with the 'credit crunch' too ... sales of luxury cars are down about 20-30% which is a HUGE amount and it means large companies are now scaling back budgets on lots of programmes
    I'd rather be topless !

6. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

I don`t like Saleen but I can`t be happy with this news. See ya:bananahello:
    Last edited by KoenigseggBG; 10/11/08 at 16:11 PM.

7. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Such a shame, hopefully someone will buy it and continue to give Shelby a run for it's money .

8. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Quote Originally Posted by DriftNismo »
    Such a shame, hopefully someone will buy it and continue to give Shelby a run for it's money .
    + rep. I can't agree more, get Saleen back!

9. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

I don't like them but will be a shame to see them go. Hope they get bought and that they produce a new car, not something stolen from other places
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

10. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Quote Originally Posted by DriftNismo »
    What about Roush, they do some nice mustangs and could easily give shelby a run for there money

11. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Quote Originally Posted by Nodz86 »
    What about Roush, they do some nice mustangs and could easily give shelby a run for there money
    Indeed they do, wasn't thinking of them at the time .

Quote Originally Posted by Pherelas »
    I don't like them but will be a shame to see them go. Hope they get bought and that they produce a new car, not something stolen from other places
    Excuse me?! 1.) Look at the S7 and the S5S and 2.) They aren't a car manufacturer, they are a tuning company, Steve Saleen got famous for being a Mustang tuner, he just made tons of money from it so he started making loads of SRs and got world famous for his work then the S7 and the S281 came about.

12. gingervette is offline Corvette = Win

I'd buy it, then shut it down
    U mad bro?

13. Gunned_Down666 is offline Burnout King

i hope the dont end saleen

14. Cakeflour is offline Half Baked!

Quote Originally Posted by Car Freak »
    When I saw the thread title I thought you meant somebody was selling a Saleen S281 for a ridiculously low price...
    Lol! Me too!
    Stiggy returns!

S.O.O.A.G.
    Smug Owner of a G25