1. CheesyPoof is offline Burnt-out Shell

Default Xbox Live - Ahh!

Ok, so i got a copy of TDU. I now realise that only half the fun is playing offline. My mum wont let me buy it because it "Dirtys up our internet" What the Hell! Is there any way i can convince her that Live is good?

2. Marc_CRX is offline Tail End Out!!

Default Re: Xbox Live - Ahh!

Tell her that when you get it she will never have to worry about you doing drugs

THE
    ORIGINAL DRIFTER

3. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Yer somthing like that, stops the craving to kill, people and then head toward knifes. No, anyway, took me a while to convince my parents becouse they thought it wasn't safe, just bug them untill they give in
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

4. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

my parents where never against it

my best advice is probably show them info about it, and ask them why they think its unsafe

and Pherelas, XBL makes me wanna kill lol, especially americans
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

5. TOPGEAR DOG is offline Secretly a shoplifter!

Say its for social reasons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

6. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

I don't think CheesyPoof's problem was saftey, that was my parent argument (which I won about 2 years ago). Talking about that I own my dad 40 quid never mind, hopefully he'll forget. Anyway, what do you mean "Dirtys up our internet", slows it down? When its off it dosn't. Bring them here and we can testify for you, can't spell though.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

7. mellors_ is offline Banned

i just did it without telling my mum, but then she found out and went mental at me

8. Baxie is offline I am the passenger....

Two major arguments you can use for your parents:

1. The safety is high, because it isn't like a PC that has all sorts of virusses floating about. It is Xbox communicating with Xbox so there are no hazards whatsoever. (They'll eat it.)

2. It is really value for money. You only pay a small amount each month, but it works on every game you own, so instead of needing money for a trip to the movies each month, you will need this instead and it actually saves you money.

This is the way I justify it to myself. Hehe.

My Dad bought an Xbox solely so we could talk on live without paying for phonecalls.

Now he has TDU and other games and my mother thinks he is insane.

12 years after I move out, they start to behave like my kind of people.

3rd TDU Central Competition #1

9. CheesyPoof is offline Burnt-out Shell

Thanks guys Ill stick at em. Also, i think my mums problem is saftey. Thiks some perve is gonna.... well ill just stop there. Again thanks for the advice.
    "Turn off the windshield wipers...they don't work..they're just making it worse!"

10. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Microsoft have done so much for this kind of safety, you don't even give out your real name so its completely anomalous. If you say about the feedback system so bad player are kicked off and banned. They are normally they are the other side of the world so its really easy just to hit the off button. I think it really must be one of the safest ways of talking to someone you don't know as they can't track you (i think) because its an Xbox and if its modded they'll be kicked off live. Just show them a few site and bug them a bit more and I'm sure they'll come round to your way of thinking.
    -----