1. tomshype is offline t0mshype

Default Tdu modding tools

I just tried to use tdu modding tools to put some cars in tdu. when i tried to load tdu it said "Failed to connect to the test drive server" i restored my files and tried to go back into tdu but the same error message is still coming up.
    Please help

2. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

What did you do exactly? Which files did you replace and which car?

Also, Ive moved this to the correct section.
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

3. tomshype is offline t0mshype

Cheers im new i didn't know where to put it
    I didn't know what i was doing so i went to C:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Vehicules and pasted XKR_Cpe.bnk and XKR_Cpe_I.bnk from the supra download replacing the old files. Then i went to Tdu modding tools, file browser, Vehicules, scrolled down to the files, clicked on them and went to tools, map details and then fix it.

4. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

I take it you followed the 'Editing bnk1.MAP Installation Instructions' from here? http://forum.tdu-central.com/showthread.php?t=5990

Try this too, sometimes helps - http://forum.eu.atari.com/showthread.php?t=69750

5. tomshype is offline t0mshype

I got the program tdu modding tools from there but i tried to use http://syfworld.free.fr/tdu/files/Guide-1.5/ to do it.

6. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Did you download the latest 'Map Key - 154' from here - http://forum.tdu-central.com/showthread.php?t=3739?

7. tomshype is offline t0mshype

Yeah i got that but i tried to use the tutorial http://syfworld.free.fr/tdu/files/Guide-1.5/ and somehow messed it up. can you explain to me how you add cars in properly please? im not to clever

8. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Use the first link in post #4 (mine).

9. tomshype is offline t0mshype

which part do you use the Normal Installation Instructions, the Magic bnk1.MAP Installation Instructions or the Editing bnk1.MAP Installation Instructions?

10. Like No Other is offline Just a Skidmark

Hi Guys,

I have just joined and am new to all this. lol
    i want to create a new car but i don't know what to do i have got the zmoddler tool, crazy bumper, bnk editor and tdu mod.
    I have got all these applications but don't know how to use then to make new cars and create new cars.
    Also can you please tell me were to go to get the vehicle mods e.g interior exterior mods.
    Can Any one out there help me please.
    Because i am roaring to make my own car.

Many Thanks
    Like No Other
    Last edited by Like No Other; 26/02/09 at 20:15 PM. Reason: Didn't make sense

11. Djey is offline Car Aficianado

Hi, do you know how to use all these tools separately ?

e.g general 3D modeling with ZModeler, bump mapping with crazy bump . Have you already used BNK Editor and TDU Modding Tools to view / modify game contents ? Do you know how are TDU files arranged into folders ? (+ many more...)

Else, no chance to go without practising and tutorials. You know, modding it's a long term experience and you have to get used to most of these tools before putting them altogether into a real project.

I don't want to break your hopes, yet you have to be aware of tons of work modding represents. Why wouldn't you begin at playing with texture mods ? See "Vehicle customization" section to learn how.
    Last edited by Djey; 26/02/09 at 22:23 PM.
    Give life back to TDU: #TDUForever
    Projects: TDUF | TDUMT | Community Patch 2.00A
    Buy me a beer (donate)