1. jonah794 is offline Speed is a virtue

Thumbs down Im in a pickle...

Can anyone help me?

When i load up the game, it loads up ok, then tells me im selecting a profile. On screen it says 'A new version of Test Drive Unlimited is available for download, to continue playing online, you must install this update'. Then it redirects me to another website (testdriveunlimited.com) and so i downloaded the patch, but that didnt get the problem away!?

Does anyone have any suggestions or can anyone help me?

2. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Do never patch the game while it is running. Me thinks..
    Uninstall/Reinstall
    Patch
    Start game

3. Sponge is offline Spongify

Uh, that happens with Illegal copies.

But if your adamant that your copy is legal. Google for the TDU Reg Keys (I'm not going to google for you, as if it is an illegal copy you have. I will not be liable for giving you direct links)
    Last edited by Sponge; 28/10/08 at 22:05 PM. Reason: googled "Adament" to realise the correct spelling is Adamant :P

SOOAG - Smug Owner of a G27
    Winner POTW: Week 28, 53

Proud Owner Of TDU's FIRST Manual Shift Gallardo
    Flickr
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

4. jonah794 is offline Speed is a virtue

i dont think its an illegal copy, it worked fine originally, but then i downloaded the patch, and it worked OK, although through the middle of it, it said about'cannot extarct TDU' and i just skipped it. I dont know whether thats a problem or not!

Thanks for your help so far, i tried phoning atari, but that didnt work, they were shut!

5. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

You don't know if you have an illegal copy? And yes, you do have to extract it for it to work.

6. HSVxSEXY_TIME? is offline Ferrari F575 Maranello <3

did you buy it in a TDU case, from a shop or the internet, or did you download it/get it on a copied disk?

if you DL'd and paid off the Atari website it's legal.

not smug, but proud owner of a DFP.

i'm happy with it!

7. jonah794 is offline Speed is a virtue

my game is boxed, it came with a map, and the manual, and a real code, thing is though, is i bought it real cheap for £5.95 ($10.00, 7.85euros) from amazon, which i know is legal

8. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

i never knew you got a map with it?

9. jonah794 is offline Speed is a virtue

thanks, andreaz, your idea worked! its fixed now