Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. iBilo is offline ;)

Default Please remove the requests section!!

Basically in the title.

There really is no need for a requests section, its all spam of cars that never will be made by annoying new members who are begging to get cars released.

When I click "new posts" all the requests come up, I can't even find what I want to even browse because of all the requesting.

My idea is to not allow requesting at all, its just a waste of time. If anyone wants to request a car they can pm one of the modders to be honest or keep it to themselves, the forum is just turning into a mass spam fest of "PLZ MAKE DIS CAR I WANT IT SOOOOOOO MUCH".

The modders create what they want to make and not what some whingey person wants, this is what the modding community is about, they design their own cars because they want those cars, people who want this car and that car should go make it themselves, there's plenty of advice on the forum due to modding and they should stick to it. All this will do is give stress to people who don't want to look at the request board in the first place.

So yeah, can we please remove the requests section?
    Last edited by iBilo; 22/10/08 at 15:36 PM.

2. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Not having one would mean people would request in more sections such as TDU:PC, TDU:Mod Shop, and any sub forum in there. The requests don't really bother me, as it's the furthest it could be away from the main page. I ignore most of them. If you dont want to be confronted by them, you can either use 'Today's Post' rather than 'New Posts'. It displays in threads, not posts. I always use it

Making them PM would just annoy the hell our of PMs tbh. They'd be constantly cleaning out their PMs. They might even leave or stop modding as it would just beomce unreal. Imagine recieving a PM for every request thread there is!!

Removing it would just make the whole PC sections a mess. At least they're all in one place. Kinda like a bin really.
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

3. iBilo is offline ;)

As said before, the modder would want to design what they wanted to design. They don't need people pestering them with requests on what car they want to them to make. Its supposed to be a relaxed environment.

Requesting should be banned full stop to be honest.

4. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Is there a way so these threads don't show up on anything unless you go into that section. So the latest thread in the PC section is all relevant stuff? It annoys me a bit aswell to be honest.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

5. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

I just edited this into my post: ""Making them PM would just annoy the hell our of PMs tbh. They'd be constantly cleaning out their PMs. They might even leave or stop modding as it would just beomce unreal. Imagine recieving a PM for every request thread there is!!""

E: But yeah, there will always be new members not knowing the rules, and then each time they'd have to be explained which would be more work for us all. Especially moderators, having to move threads, and delete them. If you don't like request, don't go in that section and ignore them. Give Today's Posts a try: 'Quicklinks' --> 'Today's Posts'. It will solve your problems.

6. Nodz86 is offline ____________

I must admit that when you clcik on new posts out of the 3 pages only about a handfull of threads are not requets, it does bacome annoying.

But on the other hand if we did not have a requests section it would become even more annoying as it would clutter the rest of the forum.

7. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Agree with Nodz. I'm not really bothered by the requests, but I like the Request forum for them. There are going to be requests made, nothing we can do about it. So, rather have that, or the whole PC section full of requests?

8. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

I actually agree with Iced, for once!

Definitly having no "Requests" section would lead the forum to ashambles. I think we should stick with what we have and to try to work around the problem.

9. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

We need the Requests section as the forum would be overrun with spam if not however looking through the script that does the search I think I may have found a way for users to specify forums to exclude from the search.
    I'm a bit mental.

10. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

Who's a clever devil?
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

11. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

One thing.

AGREED!

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

12. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Unfortunately the easy way I was thinking of implementing this is not possible in vBulletin because everything custom entered in the User CP only works in the areas where User details are shown.

Damn it. Back to the drawing board.
    I'm a bit mental.

13. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Quote Originally Posted by Wait30Seconds »
    I actually agree with Iced, for once!

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    We need the Requests section as the forum would be overrun with spam if not however looking through the script that does the search I think I may have found a way for users to specify forums to exclude from the search.
    uhh, huh?

14. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

What's difficult about that? New Posts basically searches for all new posts since your last visit.
    I'm a bit mental.

15. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Ooooh I get it I'm tired. Sorry.

*headfloor* (Ultra headdesk!)

16. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Even I understood that

17. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

I don't care. I just want to know is there a way to filter the Requests thread out of my new posts page.

18. iBilo is offline ;)

Same, it does my head in trying to find a decent post I can talk in.

19. RB26DETT is offline Banned

i'm with ya chris.

20. HSVxSEXY_TIME? is offline Ferrari F575 Maranello <3

stupid post.

it's a thought box, without it, modders might get stuck on ideas, what people would want etc...

also lets us vent what we think Atari messed up on

not smug, but proud owner of a DFP.

i'm happy with it!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last