1. Murda213 is offline Just a Skidmark

Default 3rd or 4th gear start for Saleen?

I can get 2.28(0-60) on 3rd but fast people pull away. 4th gear is slower off the start then 3rd but catches up. What should I do? If there is a better way then let me know.

2. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Default Re: 3rd or 4th gear start for Saleen?

I use 4th and Blitz people no problem, plus in Hardcore mode your S7 does 260mph by itself where as in normal it used to do 253/4mph. I've noticed some cars have increased speed in HCm.
    I'm a bit mental.

3. Rollin in an STi is offline Subie Owner

i only use 3 of the 6 gears in the S7. 3rd, 5th, and 6th. b4 the start, i let the RPM's stay steady @ around 3000 in 3rd.
    i havent tried starting in 4th, but i'll give it a shot. where to you idle the rpm's b4 the start Diablo?
    To Finish First,
    First You Must Finish

4. Murda213 is offline Just a Skidmark

Today i raced people who claimed that they started in 5th gear and they left me behind while i started in 3rd. This really makes racing in this game difficult. I Just need to know how to launch properly cause turning isn't a problem.

5. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

right, listen from a Saleen racer

3rd to 5th to 6th, nuffin will touch it

i personally love racing Razors Edge in HCM, i start in 3rd, switch to 5th on the first straight after a chicane, then drop down to 4th, always leaving half the rev range to rev into when i exit corners

hope this helps
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

6. Rollin in an STi is offline Subie Owner

between the S7 in "Capn Wakka" profile (3600+ miles) and the S7 i bought today in "rollin in a WRX" profile, i've had alot of practice.

(in the 'rollin' profile, i just finished the "Island Tour" race and the nearest A.I. was 7.5+miles behind. and now the S7 has 180+miles on it)
    To Finish First,
    First You Must Finish

7. Murda213 is offline Just a Skidmark

Quote Originally Posted by nipper »
    right, listen from a Saleen racer

3rd to 5th to 6th, nuffin will touch it

i personally love racing Razors Edge in HCM, i start in 3rd, switch to 5th on the first straight after a chicane, then drop down to 4th, always leaving half the rev range to rev into when i exit corners

hope this helps
    I did that today, but there were still people beating me off the start. Do I just
    let the tires burnout at the start or should I ease off the trigger to gain traction?

8. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

make sure you are using full driving aid

and from personal experience nothing touches a 3,5 start

i have heard people using a 4th start, but i leave em for dead

also, make sure you up gear twice quickly at 6500 RPMs on the nose (any higher and you will be kissing the limiter)
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

9. xslackyxS7TT is offline saleen S7TT is a beast

shud start callin u the saleen doctor lol

10. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

Quote Originally Posted by xslackyxS7TT »
    shud start callin u the saleen doctor lol
    hahaha, thats y 430 just said wat he said on MSN LOL

just trying to help out, and if you could confirm it for me please

doctors need referrals
    ||||||||||||||||||

11. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

In hardcore mode (with no aids at all) I start from 4th then when the race starts rev to about 5500rpm let go then floor it, tires grab traction and the car is gone, those that start in 5th get the jump but 4th gear reels them in so quickly and as you hit 5th and then 6th you're a good 50 ft ahead. I usually lose though when they draft me. lol

4th gear has always worked for me personally, never been a fan of the 3rd to 5th method. I know it works for many people though but I seem to do better with my own especially with the Saleen anyway. Best time on that multiplayer race up at the top is a 20.75 and I can consistently run low 21's.

I don't think this works as well with the new handling though after the update but it works a treat in hardcore mode.
    I'm a bit mental.

12. xslackyxS7TT is offline saleen S7TT is a beast

yeh just like most of the people say on here just follow there instrutions and ull do just fine

13. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    In hardcore mode (with no aids at all) I start from 4th then when the race starts rev to about 5500rpm let go then floor it, tires grab traction and the car is gone, those that start in 5th get the jump but 4th gear reels them in so quickly and as you hit 5th and then 6th you're a good 50 ft ahead. I usually lose though when they draft me. lol

4th gear has always worked for me personally, never been a fan of the 3rd to 5th method. I know it works for many people though but I seem to do better with my own especially with the Saleen anyway. Best time on that multiplayer race up at the top is a 20.75 and I can consistently run low 21's.

I don't think this works as well with the new handling though after the update but it works a treat in hardcore mode.
    i get consistent 20.8/20.93 on Near Future using 3rd, 5th, 6th
    ||||||||||||||||||

14. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Is that with driving aid cause I've never used that as it feels to Burnout esque. lol Nice times though.
    I'm a bit mental.

15. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

yea driving aid

but since everyone else uses it you gotta use it to compete fairly
    ||||||||||||||||||