Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

Default Another eBay fake

eBay Find of the Day: Ferrari + NSX = Ferracura 360 NSX

Posted Oct 18th 2008 1:58PM by Frank Filipponio
    Filed under: Sports/GTs, Auction Action, Supercars, Acura, Ferrari

Click above for gallery of this Frankencar

Up for grabs and with 56 bids registered bids, we have eBay item number: 270287784055. The lucky top bidder gets a Ferrari 360 Modena and an Acura NSX, but only needs one parking spot. The product description explains the impossible, while almost making this thing sound appealing. "The best parts of both cars were used to build an exclusive new vehicle. The appearance comes from the Ferrari 360 Modena, the quality and reliability from [a] Honda NSX... this is definitely no comparison to the Toyota MR2, Peugeot 306, or Pontiac Fierro [sic] conversions..."

So you get a 94,000 km, 300 hp, Acura NSX with a custom body and interior that make it look something like a Ferrari 360. Lighter, more reliable, and cheaper to maintain than a Ferrari, presumably more lust-worthy than a stock-bodied NSX, and all for just EUR 25,500.

While the front and rear views might make you think it's a real Ferrari at first glance, that NSX greenhouse makes any other angle a dead giveaway. The builder didn't do a bad job, but it's just another project that has us scratching our heads and asking, "Why?" It's in Zurich, Switzerland if you're interested. Thanks for the tip, Emanuel!

Gallery: Ferracura 360 NSX

[Source: eBay

source Autoblog

This is just sad, Why do people even buy this.

2. And3rs is offline Here for my yearly visit

ehhh wtf

3. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

get used to it, some ppl just don't do anything useful in their lives.

Do they even have permisson to put a Ferrari badge on the car?

4. Nodz86 is offline ____________

There was an MR2 F355 near me not long ago, from a distance it looks like a 355 but close up it was shocking

5. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Why?
    If I had a NSX, I would keep it that way! Why on earth make such an iconic car into a Ferrari..? I know, Ferraris might not be things you see every day, but a NSX is just an icon.

6. And3rs is offline Here for my yearly visit

some ppl see it almost every day, not we Andreaz
    Your post number 2333

7. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Also how much would it have cost him to get all the ferrari bumpers them have them chopped about so they fitted on the NSX's body, then the re-spray, re trim interior, and NSX's ain't cheap to start with, so the amount he has spent he might aswell got a second hand ferrari

8. ExplosiveGoats is offline Car Aficianado

This was just a pointless thing to do. As Nodz said, he probably spent a lot on it and selling for probably 1/3 cost he paid for those parts. Just pointless that you would waste your time doing this.

9. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Quote Originally Posted by Nodz86 »
    and NSX's ain't cheap to start with
    What do we know, it could've been in a crash or something...?Then I might actually think it is cheaper to make it into a Ferrari than to get real 'spare' parts for NSX's

10. 560BHP is offline Im not here

lol, thats the most ugly "ferrari" ive ever seen in my life, i would rather nick a ferrari that buy that one for a pound, OMG he must have no life, or he must be trying to get fameus by getting in the "guinnies world record of NOOOOOBS" (btw i think theres a picture of me inthere somwere...-)
    Returning from the dead!

PotW #30 winner!
    But what is the point of writing things here when im barely online...
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MatchBreakers

11. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

I know everyone is flaming it but I actually think it's not too bad at all. I mean they haven't made it look "atrocious" especially not like the MR2 replica I saw the other day in Edinburgh which did look really ugly.
    I think it looks pretty good with the black roof etc.. and it's relatively well put together but of course my opinion is not the only one on this matter I see
    Last edited by The Queen; 19/10/08 at 12:36 PM.

12. RB26DETT is offline Banned

ummm i like it. >.<

but i'd have a proper NSX or a proper 360 instead.

13. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

I think it's rather creative. BTW not everyone can afford even a second hand Ferrari so that looks like the next best thing.

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

14. t.
    t. is offline Retired

At least the base car was half decent. It's usually MR2's that get rebodied as 355's or 360's.

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

15. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

That's just "yuck" for me

16. hpluls is offline Bogan Chariot Aficionado

I kinda like it.

17. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

i lol'd, Some people have too much time on their hands!

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

18. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

What on earth, 360's are common and NSX's arn't. Got quite exited the othr day when I saw an NSX. Stupid idea but if people want to buy it, who cares
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

19. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too

Am i the only one here who admires the owner's creativity and craftsmanship?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...

20. LeetPix is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Car Freak »
    Am i the only one here who admires the owner's creativity and craftsmanship?
    nope, i admire it too..i dunno why people laugh at it :s

Page 1 of 2 12 Last