View Poll Results: To Trade or Not To Trade?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2001 Lincoln Navigator: 90,000 Miles with a 5.4. Liter InTech 4 Valve V8 w/ 300 HP and 355 ft. lb. of Torque

5 33.33%
  • 2008/2009 Lincoln Navigator L w/ 5.4. Liter InTech 3 Valve V8 w/ 300 HP and 365 lb. ft. of torque

10 66.67%

1. CarboyZR1 is offline Asian

Default To Trade or Not to Trade

My dad is going to get a new 2008/9 Lincoln Navigator L sometime in the next three months. But my question is, should I convince to stay with our trusty steed or go new with the new high tech Navigator L? There is an order guide you may want to see.
    2001 Lincoln Navigator

2008/2009 Lincoln Navigator L

Update: 2009 Lincoln Navigator has 10 more HP! http://www.lincoln.com/navigator/home.asp
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CarboyZR1; 11/10/08 at 14:39 PM.

2. RB26DETT is offline Banned

it's not up to us dude. if you really like the car, keep it. read some reviews about the new one if it's worth getting it.

3. CarboyZR1 is offline Asian

I can't decide. Too hard, I love our steed, but my dad wants to replace it! I've read all reviews and it's all good, but what about the fact it made me this car fanatic today?
    Last edited by CarboyZR1; 07/10/08 at 01:52 AM.

4. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

2009 lincoln FTW

5. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

08/09 looks way better.

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

6. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms

As much as I hate this car the 2008/09 model is a bit better, but still I couldn't have one, Disco does nicely

7. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Quote Originally Posted by KTF67 »
    But anyway, what do you gain by getting the new one? More cargo room and 10 more lbft of torque? I think with the way things are today, keep the old one until it dies, then decide what to do. Thats just my $0.02.....
    Just, I comletely agree, but I still think that the new one looks better

8. Speedtouch is offline I Wish I Was Special.

Sell the old one. Buy a Range Rover. Laugh.

Why do you want a Lincoln Navigator?? Why???

PhOTW Week 8 + 15 | PTOTW Week 1, 4 + 5

9. Fridge Magnet Rabbit is offline Manchester Racer Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtouch »
    Sell the old one. Buy a Range Rover. Laugh.

Why do you want a Lincoln Navigator?? Why???
    hes american >.>

i voted keep the old steed, personally, it looks better as the new one looks too chaved up with the grill...and as KTF said, what do you gain? a little more space and an extra 10lbft torque?
    not worth it mate
    Nugget of the week: week 27!!
    1x Winner of 'What car is this?'
    TDU1: Paltala
    TDU2: Paltala
    TDU2 Forums: Paltala
    Recurring Theme much? :P

10. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Yer strange car but works in the US I suppose. Anyway new one certainly, loads better.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

11. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

BTW I think Carboy wants a car that doesn't have electrical problems....
    Oh right, yer no electrical problems because its insulated by 2 tons of cheap plastic

Sorry.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

12. CarboyZR1 is offline Asian

Carboy, If there is one thing have learned in the past week is that no matter how hard you beg your parents to keep your pride and joy, they're still going to get rid of it. Go ahead, ask me how I know, I bet you can guess without even asking.....

But anyway, what do you gain by getting the new one? More cargo room and 10 more lbft of torque? I think with the way things are today, keep the old one until it dies, then decide what to do. Thats just my $0.02.....
    With the incentives, it's actually going to be $48,000, or about the MSRP of the 01 when it was new. Plus try looking in the order guide for informantion of the car. It has SYNC and a lot more. It's quite practical, but that's always hidden. One of our 2001 would always automatically put the parking brake on if it detects any chance of rolling and deactivate the parking brake when not in park.
    Last edited by CarboyZR1; 08/10/08 at 20:15 PM.

13. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too

Why not get a smaller car that doesn't use so much fuel, and stop contributing to global warming?

Personally, if you really need an SUV for whatever reason, I'd suggest the Volvo XC90. Safe (Volvo), practical (7 seats), not gas guzzling (well not as much as the Lincoln), better build quality (but then you may not care so much about that) etc etc... Plus, it's still under the Ford umbrella!

Or you could just disregard everything I said and treat me like i'm not here.... <walks off dejectedly>

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...

14. ExplosiveGoats is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by Car Freak »
    Why not get a smaller car that doesn't use so much fuel, and stop contributing to global warming?

Personally, if you really need an SUV for whatever reason, I'd suggest the Volvo XC90. Safe (Volvo), practical (7 seats), not gas guzzling (well not as much as the Lincoln), better build quality (but then you may not care so much about that) etc etc... Plus, it's still under the Ford umbrella!

Or you could just disregard everything I said and treat me like i'm not here.... <walks off dejectedly>
    I agree.

The Lincoln Navigator is a very very large car and looks fugly from the rear on the 09' version.

15. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

why not get a diesel model? more torque, more efficient...

*hides*
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

16. t.
    t. is offline Retired

Why not just stop worrying about something you can't control. It's your parents car they will do as they please.

Side note the new one looks nicer. Second side note, it's still a Lincoln . Third side note, buy a Range.

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

17. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

If I had to go along with the "which one to choose" idea it would have to be the new L. I like the looks of it and especially in black it looks very menacing, more so than the old 2001 model. Thats just my opinion though...

18. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

Get an Escalade!

19. CarboyZR1 is offline Asian

Quote Originally Posted by ●Koenigsegg● »
    Get an Escalade!
    I've actually rented one in Florida. It wasn't good to be honest: $59,000 MSRP?

Jerky transmission, bad support, worser stereo, fake low engine sound? No way.
    Last edited by CarboyZR1; 11/10/08 at 15:15 PM.