Topic:

2DM files

1. watermonger is offline Deez Nuts

Default 2DM files

Does anyone know of a program that can read these? from what I can see it tells the game where to assign materials to the cars, like carbon fiber for instance.
    [Sig Removed - Please edit your sig to be within the Rules of the board of 500w x 130h and 100KB. Thanks!]

2. Sponge is offline Spongify

ZModeler exports in 2dm, along with 3dg and 3dd, perhaps it could also import too. I dont know as i only have the free version

SOOAG - Smug Owner of a G27
    Winner POTW: Week 28, 53

Proud Owner Of TDU's FIRST Manual Shift Gallardo
    Flickr
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

3. watermonger is offline Deez Nuts

What I'm wondering is, is there a way to edit the file without a 3D modeling program.
    [Sig Removed - Please edit your sig to be within the Rules of the board of 500w x 130h and 100KB. Thanks!]

4. Sponge is offline Spongify

I doubt it tbh... Im off to bed now, 03:19 AM here

SOOAG - Smug Owner of a G27
    Winner POTW: Week 28, 53

Proud Owner Of TDU's FIRST Manual Shift Gallardo
    Flickr
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

5. watermonger is offline Deez Nuts

Could someone like tool or basbas help me?

6. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

No, not at the moment I don't think there is another program that can edit those files.

7. Djey is offline Car Aficianado

2DM files are from a proprietary format and need a custom tool to open them.

At the moment, only ZModeler can import, along with 2DB and 3DD/3DG for car models.
    Give life back to TDU: #TDUForever
    Projects: TDUF | TDUMT | Community Patch 2.00A
    Buy me a beer (donate)

8. watermonger is offline Deez Nuts

Well I only wanted to know because I wanted o change some of the interior textures on the DTM from noise3 to carbon. Like parts on the steering wheel for instance.

9. Djey is offline Car Aficianado

Ok. So you'll need to edit the files into CLK_DTM_I.BNK with ZModeler.

But to do that you'll have to get the full version (or ask someone to convert files to z3d for you).

After that, you will be able to change materials in interior then export your model to TDU back.
    Buy me a beer (donate)

10. Tool831 is offline Mod Maniac

@Djey: Its not a good idea to share TDU files in .Z3d files just so demo people can use it. Cause otherwise Zmodeler creators will gain no money from users to make a better program or better releases.
    ----------

Anyways buy Zmodeler then open the car in Zmodeler and in 'Common car' there is Carbon, you extract the 'common car' load the carbon into the 'Materials' with a cube map which is also in 'Common car' and then apply it. Or cut down the polys then place it only on them and then 'Attach' the separate poly back on.

I probably didn't explain well cause its hard explaining stuff from zmodeler.. lol
    Last edited by Tool831; 05/10/08 at 15:16 PM.

11. Djey is offline Car Aficianado

Quote Originally Posted by tool831 »
    @Djey: Its not a good idea to share TDU files in .Z3d files just so demo people can use it. Cause otherwise Zmodeler creators will gain no money from users to make a better program or better releases.
    Yes, you're right in fact. But I don't think there are so many TDU modders after all... Many other games are much more modding-friendly, in those cases it would worth to pay it. Personaly I can't believe Oleg is expecting to gain a lot with TDU.

TDU converter is still @ an experimental state. Import-export still have some bugs (it's a very young feature !). Some Lambo models are corrupted when importing, as you've discovered a few days ago.

If much more people would be able to test a full TDU support in free version, maybe that could help Oleg to find out bug and fix them.

My 2 cents.
    Buy me a beer (donate)

12. Tool831 is offline Mod Maniac

Although if oleg allows TDU models to be swapped around and shared like i said "they would loose funding" to make even the TDU exporter better.