1. scaleopdriver is offline GT500 Fan!

Default Project Torque [MMORPG]

Free online racing/drifting/cruising game, looks very good. installing right now. Heard alot of positive comments about this game, thought i would tip you guys about it And the 900MB install file lies, theres's BIG updates when you launch the game. Featuring real life cars of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbU6e1yF6ts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mum9AzeU6DI

http://project-torque.aeriagames.com/download
    [Sig Removed - Please edit your sig to be within the Rules of the board of 500w x 130h and 100KB. Thanks!]
    Thanks to FA430RGT for this awesome sig

2. me™ is offline *turbo whistle*

I had that game, it's crap.

It takes forever to get enough points to buy anything in the game, unless you buy them, with money. That means the game isn't free. You only get the real cars if you pay for them too.

It also messed with my force feedback wheel. If I passed the finish line and my wheel wasn't dead centre, it would continue forcing in that direction until I quit the game.

Overall, don't bother.

3. scaleopdriver is offline GT500 Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny Delight »
    I had that game, it's crap.

It takes forever to get enough points to buy anything in the game, unless you buy them, with money. That means the game isn't free. You only get the real cars if you pay for them too.

It also messed with my force feedback wheel. If I passed the finish line and my wheel wasn't dead centre, it would continue forcing in that direction until I quit the game.

Overall, don't bother.
    ah, too bad I'm about to play it, I'll come with a verdict aswell.
    [Sig Removed - Please edit your sig to be within the Rules of the board of 500w x 130h and 100KB. Thanks!]

4. me™ is offline *turbo whistle*

Well, they've probably updated it since I had it. But you will for sure have to pay for the real cars. It really does take ridiculously long to get any decent cars / parts with just the free points in the game too.

5. Neo-Tech is offline TDU 2 = Win.

Your username reminds me of a computer.
    Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P.

6. scaleopdriver is offline GT500 Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Neo-Tech »
    Your username reminds me of a computer.
    Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P.
    that's the reason for my name. I had a bad day and couldnt make up a nickname, then i looked at my comp and it said Scaleo P. etcetc

7. S71NG3R is offline Car Aficianado

I downloaded it a few weeks ago and play it sometimes. It's better than it looks, but yes takes a lot of time to get into like most MMO games.

As it's free it's worth a go for anyone that likes driving games.
    ---------------------------------
    TDUC PC Club find out more and how to join|Twitter @TDUCentralClub

8. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

I played it for about two or three weeks, with MisterMojo and TehReaper on some occasions.

I got bored of it after that. I wanted an Impreza or Evo but I had to pay real world money for those.

9. Maug is offline i'm in the wall...

I've been playing PT since open beta. It used to be a great game but it changed a lot and not in the best way imo.
    I spend more times to find a proper room than anything. I finally ended doing time attack and drifting in Sim mode in Practice mode. As i've been playing for a long time, i got a bunch of cars with enough upgrades to have fun. But for a new player you need to spend your whole life to advance after a bit of playing.
    Special darwin award for the drift mode, which is an epic failure.

It's a game that had a great potential, but poorly developed with stupid ideas.

10. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Used to play it, but like Matt said, it's crap. It takes too long to get points, and even when you do get points, you can only get fake cars, the real cars you have to pay for. The only remotely cool thing about the game is the driver turning the steering wheel properly . Might go back to Nitto 1320 soon, not sure...

11. NitroBlueUK is offline Exoticar Driver

this game is the biggest pile of W*** ever
    [imglink]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2800/signewbu2.jpg[/imglink]

Practice Safe Sex Go Screw Yourself!!!!

12. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

A thread has already been made before about it made. It's not bad, I played it for a bit, but it just takes too long to get other cars, their servers keep going down in the middle of races, and the real cars you have to pay for. I still go on it sometimes if I'm really bored just to test drift the Corvette and RX7, but I don't like it really as an MMORPG.

Nice review though mate, I can see you really took time to write it, +rep.

13. T3hReaper91 is offline Car Aficianado

Ahhh Not Another Project Torque Thread

CPU: AMD FX8350 x8 Black Edition 4.2Ghz O/C 4.6Ghz Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i GPU: 2x MSI Geforce GTX 770 Gaming Edition 4Gb SLI
    Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX Memory: 16Gb Kingston HyperX Beast 2400Mhz Case: Corsair Graphite 600T Special Edition White
    OS: Windows 8.1 Pro Microphone: AT2020 Mouse: Logitech G9x Keyboard: Logitech G910

Youtube

14. RB26DETT is offline Banned

lol. it's a pretty old game so a lot of us know about this. no need to post this and use the search button next time.

15. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Project Torque Spammers:

Note if you continue to post this up we will be forced to act on our SPAM policy and will report your IP along with your hostname to your ISP Wannadoo France. Also under the terms of aeriagames' own website we will enact to the full power our right to fine you for every SPAM post that has to be removed as per the Rules and Terms of Service you HAD TO ACCEPT before registering here at Test Drive Unlimited: Central.

We will be contacting Aeria Games should this continue so please desist from doing so.

You should note that under the User Conduct of the Terms of Service of Aeria Games you are forbidden from doing this so I advise you take notice.

Aeria Games Terms of Service: Section 7: User Conduct
    (g) Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation;
    Is a $250 fine for each post you make worth it?
    I'm a bit mental.

16. Recon is offline Wanted - This Man

is this game download only? or does it have an install disc for sale?
    :bananadance2:Get the Gamer's Pass!