Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

1. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Unhappy Dodge to sell Viper Brand

I'm not a happy bunny after reading this especially as a "Tuner" could be buying it. Its one of Dodges most iconic vehicles of recent times and to sell it, well I can't work it out myself.

Dodge to begin negotiations to sell Viper brand shortly
    Posted Sep 25th 2008 1:29PM by Jeremy Korzeniewski
    Filed under: Tuners, Supercars, Chrysler, LLC., Dodge, Earnings/Financials

While most of us would be more than happy to own just one Viper, some lucky company will soon take the entire operation off the hands of Chrysler, LLC. We hear there are multiple interested parties, and according to Vice Chairman Tom Lasorda, Chrysler is looking to begin real negotiations within the next few weeks. It's hard to imagine a Viper coming from a manufacturer other than Dodge, but there has been talk that the iconic American sportscar could be gobbled up by a well-known tuning firm, or even a group of investors. Whatever happens, we just hope that the Viper -- as a car or as a brand -- continues showing its formidable fangs and doesn't end up a mere shed skin of its former self. You can check out our First Drive of the Viper ACR or our In the Autoblog Garage review of the Viper SRT-10 to see just what we think about Dodge's supercar.
    From Autoblog

2. RB26DETT is offline Banned

oh no!

3. Turkey Twizzler is offline Exoticar Driver

They should not do this! Viper vs. Vette battle is epic!
    Last edited by Baldy; 28/09/08 at 11:03 AM.
    [imglink]http://storage3.album.bg/b68/ttsig_9ae94_9284723.png[/imglink]

4. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

I'm not a great fan of vipers but if it gets sold to a tuneing company it will be ruiened, hopfully some investors will come and just put a bigger engine in it.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

5. t.
    t. is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Pherelas »
    hopfully some investors will come and just put a bigger engine in it.
    Bigger! lol. Doesn't it already run an 8 Litre?

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

6. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

That really sucks!

7. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

A shame for people that like them.
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

8. ExplosiveGoats is offline Car Aficianado

I wonder wheres Balto.

Ashame to hear, hopefully it won't get ruined.

9. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey Twizzler »
    They should not do this! Viper vs. Vette battle is epic!
    Not really, it's always the exact same. Chevrolet release a new Corvette - 2 weeks later, a new Viper comes out and owns it in every way. It always happens.

I'm not too happy about this either since i'm a HUGE Viper fan, but the only reason i'm calm is because the "well known tuning firm" that might buy it COULD be Hennessey...

10. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Quote Originally Posted by DriftNismo »
    the "well known tuning firm" that might buy it COULD be Hennessey...
    I didn't think about that, that would be the only exception to them selling the brand, but still wont be to happy

11. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Saleen and Roush were the hinted at tuners as shown by the link in the article above. I'd be surprised if Hennessey would be allowed near it with a bargepole though after his history.
    I'm a bit mental.

12. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Wow, a Saleen Viper?

13. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

What???????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????

hehe, what???????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????

WTF? OMG THATS JUST WRONG.. THIS CANT BE HAPPENING, AAAAAAAAAAAH NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WTH is Dodge thinking? Did the Dodge company gone MAD??????? OMG I still dont belive what I just read... THIS IS RIDICULOUS, IM NOT GONNA LET THIS HAPPEN.

Why do they want to sell the Viper brand? I AM NOT, I REPEAT NOT GONNA ACCEPT CALLING THE VIPER A CHEVROLET VIPER OR AN ASTON MARTIN VIPER OR EVE WORSE... A NISMO VIPER... NEVAAAAAAAAAAA... This is the WORST thread ever, this is the worst news ever... I need some coke. Im still gonna call it Dodge Viper no matter what

14. t.
    t. is offline Retired

Pure lol moment.

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

15. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Balto its not dodge doing the sale, its the owner of dodge, chrysler. Also The chrysler name is the only other manufacturer to bear the viper name.

16. Neo-Tech is offline TDU 2 = Win.

Not good, at least we have it in TDU right?

17. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

Quote Originally Posted by Nodz86 »
    Balto its not dodge doing the sale, its the owner of dodge, chrysler. Also The chrysler name is the only other manufacturer to bear the viper name.
    It doesnt matter, the fact is that THEY'RE SELLING THE VIPER BRAND... why viper? WHY? Why couldent it be that stupid brand called SMART

18. scaleopdriver is offline GT500 Fan!

I'm very interested. Looks like everyone thinks this is an awful thing, but I'm looking forward to it.
    [Sig Removed - Please edit your sig to be within the Rules of the board of 500w x 130h and 100KB. Thanks!]
    Thanks to FA430RGT for this awesome sig

19. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

Quote Originally Posted by scaleopdriver »
    I'm very interested. Looks like everyone thinks this is an awful thing, but I'm looking forward to it.
    Post Ignored

20. ExplosiveGoats is offline Car Aficianado

You never know. Maybe this whole thing will turn out to be good.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Search Tags

dodge
sell
tuner
viper