Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

Default any really graphical games?

hi guys,

i recently got a new gaming computer, and would like to test out how well it goes with some really graphical games that need a powerful rig.
    any ideas would be great! I've got The elder scrolls 4 oblivion, test drive unlimited and grid which all run on max settings.

thanks in advance,

BadBoy.

2. RB26DETT is offline Banned

call of duty 4
    crysis
    bioshock
    need for speed underground (it's coming out soon)
    trackmania united forever
    rainbow 6 vegas 2

3. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

need for speed underground coming out soon? is there going to be a third??

4. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

5. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

that looks SO much like most wanted. doesn't look like the best game (looked on youtube).

6. RB26DETT is offline Banned

oh my god i iz teh failurz! xW

7. RamseyOfficial is offline .:The Official:.

You can get a game called Time Shift. The demo is pretty good. and the graphics are quite amazing. Kinda like a Crysis competitor that didn't do so well. Give it a try.

8. *GhostRacerGTI* is offline aKa SpeedFreeak

Yeah, most of the games that I would mention myself are already mentioned But I could add Crysis: Warhead, Unreal Tournament 3 and Assassin's Creed, dunno how "rig-power-thirsty" (yeah, I just came up with that word ) it is, but graphics are not terrible

But remember, you can fill in info on your rig under USER CP If you didn't already know of course

Good luck, and happy game hunting!

9. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

thanks!

10. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

hmm, i already tried to put up my rig, but it doesn't seem to be showing. dunno why.
    anyway here it is: processor:intel core 2 duo 3ghz 6MB L2 Cache
    motherboard:Asus P5E
    ram: 2gb kingston
    video card:1gb EN9600GT ASUS nvidia geforce
    sound card: SUPREMEFX II
    speakers: logitech x-530 4:1 (one of them doesn't work =])
    monitor: CHIMEI 19 inch 2ms

i think thats about all

11. TDU 505 is offline Clinically Insane

Is it just me or what but when i heard/saw "graphic games" i thought about something violent and bloody and violent?

12. *GhostRacerGTI* is offline aKa SpeedFreeak

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoy116 »
    hmm, i already tried to put up my rig, but it doesn't seem to be showing. dunno why.
    UserCP --> Edit your details --> Scroll down and find --> Additional Information. There you will find some space to fill in the info. Have you tried that? It should work

Anyways, nice rig

13. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

thanks

14. *GhostRacerGTI* is offline aKa SpeedFreeak

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoy116 »
    thanks
    You are welcome buddy

15. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

BUMP =)

16. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Well lets see:

Crysis+Crysis Warhead - these are the most demanding games out at the moment. You don't mention if you have Vista or not - if you don't then you have to edit ini files to get the advanced effects.

Far Cry 2 - possibly the second best looking shooter right now. Less demanding than the crysis games.

Dead Space - kind of the new Doom 3. Again less demanding, but lots of lighting/shadow effects.

Bioshock/UT3/Mass Effect/Gears of War - these all use the same game engine, and it isn't at all demanding, so it's not something that will stress your machine, but it looks ok regardless.

STALKER:Clear Sky - bit of a buggy/hard game, but graphically quite demanding.

Let us know how the rig gets on with them on full details

17. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

Half life 2 Episode 1 & 2 also have a fair bit of eye candy & aren't too taxing on your PC either.

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

18. Gunned_Down666 is offline Burnout King

Quote Originally Posted by extremeironing »
    Is it just me or what but when i heard/saw "graphic games" i thought about something violent and bloody and violent?
    yeah i thought that too

19. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Is your right speaker the one that doesn't work? Because the same was happening to my new(ish) Creative speakers, so I just tampered with the audio lead and switched where the dock was plugged in and they seem to work now. I don't use them though, I just use my Technics headphones, they sound much much better than any Creative (or other speakers for that matter) IMO.

But yeah, i'm not sure of any really graphical games. I've been saying for a while, all these new hi-tech gfx cards are coming out and have been released but there's no games that need them right now . Oblivion runs fine on max for me, so does GRiD, so does Crysis, so does CoD4 & 5 (both aren't very graphical though) so I can't really suggest anything, but we'll see how GTA IV and Mirror's Edge run when they come out for PC .

20. StrickenHAWK? is offline Car Aficianado

yeah, when i opened the box and stuck them in the old pc it didn't work, and with the new still not. i dont know what is wrong and i am not sure if its the right one, i have it on the right side though

thanks guys for all your input, i do only have windows xp professional. crysis runs fine on high on everything, test drive runs fine with everything maxxed out, half life 2 runs fine with everything maxxed out, oblivion runs fine, just about ANYTHING will run maxxed out.

thanks guys

Page 1 of 2 12 Last