Thread: It Goes Bang

1. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Default It Goes Bang

It was an old xbox but still quite scary. Its my brothers and he turned it on last night and 20 secounds later there was a very loud bang and smoke poured out the back filling the upstairs of our house.

Being very board we took the thing apart, and I don't know if anyone has tryed it but there very very srong. Didn't have the right alen key to get it apart properly but with a bit of pulling very hard it came apart.

It melted the powersuply thing and still stinks anmd the house still smells of eletrical smoke. Stupid thing.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

2. TOOL is offline Hot Hatch

Default Re: It Goes Bang

Wow i never heard of one blowing up like that, thats crazy. I hope my 360 doesnt do that.

3. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Got some photo's of my dead xbox if anyone in intressted. If anyone knows computer can anyone tell me why it might have melted?
    This is the xbox case, don't know why im putting this up im sure you've all seen an xbox but oh well.

Ok taking the case off now it looks like this;

Ok, this is the disk drive, im sorry I got carried away;

and the back

The hard drive

Underneath the top layer with mother board and power and all the other bits no one understands.

The power supply that went bang:

The melted part;

And the motherboard;

Anymore photo's of the inside of the xbox you want while its open?
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

4. FA430RGT is offline Hoods and Alley-ways..

Wow thats defintly pretty interesting photos you've got there..
    ...I Still Dawdle Round These Ends...