Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

1. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Talking End of the world tomorrow?

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

2. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Good job Escala girl is here

j/k
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

3. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

There is a chance and they are doing the unknown so yeah it could be, will it be though? Most people are saying no but then again it's other scientists who are saying don't do it, not a bunch of slack jawed idiots shouting what they know nothing about.
    I'm a bit mental.

4. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

All science points towards the answer being no. We've done this before on a smaller scale in the US, its just a large step up. There is a risk in everything, but for this it is tiny. As someone who is interested in how the world works and how everything fits together in such complicated simplicity, I'm going to find the next few years should be very interesting. If we die because of it I don't think we'll know
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

5. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

I wonder if people have bet on it actually ending. It always happens, which confusses me, because if you win you don't know about it and also, can't spend your winnings :-/

Also, I wonder if I ring them up and ask them to postpone it to firday, they'll do so Can't miss Billie Piper thursday night now can I? xD

6. iBilo is offline ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Iced_Bullet »
    Good job Escala girl is here

j/k

LOL lies.

She's here rly.

7. Speedtouch is offline I Wish I Was Special.

PhOTW Week 8 + 15 | PTOTW Week 1, 4 + 5

8. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

Oh god.

This has even been discussed in my school. Even if they did make a black hole it would be minute and not be able to do any damage what-so-ever.

It's all a load of physics jargon to me but hey.

9. T3hReaper91 is offline Car Aficianado

OMG WERE ALL GOING TO DIE!!

Now Srsly The Chances Are Very Very Slim.

CPU: AMD FX8350 x8 Black Edition 4.2Ghz O/C 4.6Ghz Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i GPU: 2x MSI Geforce GTX 770 Gaming Edition 4Gb SLI
    Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX Memory: 16Gb Kingston HyperX Beast 2400Mhz Case: Corsair Graphite 600T Special Edition White
    OS: Windows 8.1 Pro Microphone: AT2020 Mouse: Logitech G9x Keyboard: Logitech G910

Youtube

10. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtouch »
    O yay!, ive always wanted one of those for one of my threads

I dont think the world will end either, but i thought to post it here since it is quite a big topic today :P

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

11. Nodz86 is offline ____________

I posted about the Grid system they are using to collect the data in this thread http://forum.tdu-central.com/showthr...highlight=grid.

As to my views it'll be a big success or a huge balls up, and as some say we might not know what the cause of it is for a few years.

This is also an ongoing thing it wont be a case of turn it on play for a few hours and thats it, it will be running for loads of years to come. Iirc they reckon in a year they will have enough data to fill at least 56m CD's. thats why they invented the grid.

And by the way the bloke who is pushing the button is from south wales and 20 countries including Britain have put money in to do it. Total cost is about £4.4billion.

It will change the world or end it, all I know as soon as I hear its gone wrong I'm going straight home

12. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms

Even if there are chances of this happening I very doubt it, this is just my opinion since the people who do think something will go wrong is just doubts and worries from watching Sci Fi films etc..

If anything does go wrong it's because the Welsh man said before he pushes the button, " Don't worry mun, what's the worst that can happen! " I'm from South Wales, wonder if I know him

13. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

I don't really think it will happen. But I worry anyway. That's the way I am.

I just wonder how you get over this CMM, do you sit at Google all day searching for 'World Destrcution'? XD

14. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

Well I guess we'll soon find out ...

I for one don't think it'll cause the end of the world ... but then I'm not a partical physisist (or however many eyes and esses i need there)

there was a programme about it on BBC4 the other night (how cultured am i?)

and the most interesting thing that all the scientists talked about on the programme was what if they don't find the Higgs boson, otherwise known as the God Particle ... now THAT would open a hell of a lot of questions about physics and the uiniverse we live in

here's hoping we can write on the forum tomorrow night !
    I'd rather be topless !

15. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Anyone know of the time of "button pushing"? I can't find it.

E: ""If the schedule holds, the collider on the French-Swiss border will make a splash at 9 a.m. local time (3 a.m. ET) Sept. 10""

16. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Also they said it might prove that global warming is to do with space matter and not us on earth, then they said they can develop ways to reflect the suns rays or block out the sun, reminds me of the 1st matrix film a bit.

17. 560BHP is offline Im not here

ive heard about that, and found a calculation about it, the cahnces of the world going under was aobut 0,00001% and even if it goes under noone wil ever find out.
    Returning from the dead!

PotW #30 winner!
    But what is the point of writing things here when im barely online...
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MatchBreakers

18. GTAMADDOG is offline Dreaming in Splendour

I was talking about this with a few of my friends from college.

More random stuff about how the world would go under, if it did. Stupid stuff that doesn't really have any meaning.

There are alot of people on the internet who seem very worried about it, I think they think they know more than the Scientists carrying out the task.

It will be interesting to see what happens though.

19. eleKtro is offline Contain Your Orgasms

This Image Reminds me of Terminator 3 Rise Against The Machines

Resource

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7604293.stm

+

Another thing of this matter, I think the machine will malfunction and will not work and do nothing and will either take another 5 years to rebuild or they don't bother putting anymore money into the machine and leave it.

Or they press the button and nothing happens
    Last edited by eleKtro; 09/09/08 at 19:17 PM.

20. 560BHP is offline Im not here

thats the thing, if the machine mailfunctions, it blows
    Returning from the dead!

PotW #30 winner!
    But what is the point of writing things here when im barely online...
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MatchBreakers

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last