Topic:

Google Chrome

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. pyrre is offline Driving In Paradise

Default Google Chrome

Google's open source browser beta is now out. You can download it here, and here is a site that explains it a bit (In a comic). Seems like a good browser so far. Quite fast, looks simple and the tab system seems useful.

2. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Ooh, thewy've gone to town with it, some interesting features =] Just dunno how much of my browsing will actually be sent to them for storage ... :-/

lol at below ..

Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

3. khevolution is offline Most likely To Hit a Tree

well I've just quickly installed it , cause i wasn't really too impressed with the newest version of firefox(gone back to version 2 )

and first impression are very nice, smooth and so far very stable, only thing i'm not too sure about and now this could be just me, there is no visible button to click on to access your bookmarks
    EDIT: just found the bookmark tab, it was within another button, but you can choose to put it onto the main page
    Last edited by khevolution; 02/09/08 at 22:24 PM.

4. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

I love the amount of glass effect there is in the top <3 vista.

It doesn't support the "show the text what is should look like" feature in this reply. It's displaying things on the forum like IE I think. And the tabs in the window bar at the top when it's maximised!

And there's no bar at the bottom, just flows to the start bar!

Love the looks of it so far!

5. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

looked really good to me, i read teh whole 'about' comic.

then i realised mac development hasnt got its beta out yet
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

6. RB26DETT is offline Banned

few thoughts:

first, i like the skin!

second, how come when i maximize the window, my tabs disappear. it's still there but it's not visible so i have to restore it to smaller window to change tabs. right now i have mine restored down and just stretched it. :P hey, it's still a BETA.

and last, i can't scroll up and down when clicking the click wheel on my mouse.

7. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Do you not see this?

8. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Oh great another browser to develop and make sure compatibility works but tbh I'm not that worried as if there's one thing Google is good at it's following standards so I would expect what works in Firefox to work in Chrome just as well.

Be interesting to watch this and it still amazes me just how crap IE is compared to the good browsers!
    I'm a bit mental.

9. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

It's displaying this forum like IE 7 does. However it's muuuuuch fast than the others! Even with the FF3 speed up trick.

10. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

You want to see serious speed grab Safari by Apple, I have no idea what they feed it but damn it's Yusain Bolt fast!

Dodgy text rendering and other niggles spoil it though.

[+] Ran into my first problem with Chrome. I have RocketDock at the top and when maximised the tab bars are behind the Dock, being able to put them slightly lower down or something would be a good option. I know it's a beta and I'm sure some people will mention this but first impressions are good it's is quick I'll give it that.

[.+] Interesting, an issue I experience with the site in only Safari is appearing in Chrome also, need to watch for that me thinks!
    I'm a bit mental.

11. RB26DETT is offline Banned

okay. i gave up on the BETA and moved back to Firefox. check boxes aren't shown on mine, it didn't fix with a reinstall. i'll wait for the actual release.

people on computerforum ran speedtests and FF is still faster. O_O speedtest isn't accurate though so they say.
    http://www.computerforum.com/129738-...dtest-net.html

12. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

I haven't USED it yet, I need to get to my other account that has default Vista theme 'cause it hates Windowblinds (maximized tab problem and looks dodgy anyways).

Looks pretty on Aero though

13. RB26DETT is offline Banned

so windowblinds is the problem... O_O

14. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

I would think so, yes. Seeing as it's only you and I having the tab problem, and only we use WB

15. RB26DETT is offline Banned

lol. i still don't understand why i'm the only one with the checkbox problem though.

16. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Will take a look, saw this advertised on google homepage in college. Looks good.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

17. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Now I know why Chrome and Safari have the same issue they both use the same rendering engine; WebKit.
    I'm a bit mental.

18. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

I like it, now I've been using it for a while. Can't really start to use it as my main browser yet, as it's still an early beta with quite a few bugs. Even so, it has potential

19. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Meh, another web browser? Might try it sometime...

20. iBilo is offline ;)

Don't like the look of it. Not even going to try using it.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last