1. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Default Lexus LF-A Cancelled??

The beautiful R8-eating LF-A that was soon to be released may be cancelled. The testing and development crew have said "the car is not destined for the showroom... it's only being used as a development platform". Such a shame they could cancel the production of the LF-A, but it does make you wonder what it's a development platform for. Perhaps a new Soarer/Supra RZ, or perhaps (with Toyota's recent join with Subaru for the new Celica) a new supercar by Subaru/Toyota...
    http://www.thetorquereport.com/2008/...en_killed.html

2. RB26DETT is offline Banned

wowowowowow!?!? new celica!?

shame though the LF-A won't make it into production. i wish toyota would scrap the FT-HS though, i hate it as a Supra replacement.

3. zo6dude is offline Like My Tail Lights?

thats kinda ugly.... the roadster one is better

"Real men know how to turn right"
    - Me

4. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too

This sucks. Toyota really doesn't seem concerned at all about not having a proper sports model in their range, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...

5. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

Don't care. The LF-A wasn't even a big deal to me. The Supra is. I wanna see what toyota got.

6. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Quote Originally Posted by Car Freak »
    This sucks. Toyota really doesn't seem concerned at all about not having a proper sports model in their range, do they?
    Well, i think the main problem was the price. It was going to end up costing as much as Lamborghinis and Ferraris and i think they realised they really couldn't get that much money for what is, at the end of the day, a Toyota, which is why i think they are using it as a testing platform for a new vehicle, maybe one not as powerful but cheaper to make with better gas mileage.

7. KoenigseggBG is offline Made in 1994

Quote Originally Posted by Car Freak »
    Lexus IS-F
    Toyota Supra
    Toyota Celica

8. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

Right ...

The LF-A was meant to come out as a flagship model for Lexus ...

However something called the GT-R arrived and drove around some piece of road in Germany

And something that at the moment is being called the NSX-replacement arrived in disguised form and drove around the same bit of road

And something called a ZR1 arrived and drove some more around the same bit of road

And some team called Toyota F1 still hasn't joined the big boys

And then Toyota/Lexus realised perhaps the LF-A isn't as quick as they hoped and why would you pay Lambo / Ferrari money for a fast Japanese supercar when there was one already by a competitor for a lot less money

As to if it's truely been canned ... I'm not too sure ...

Oh and the FT-HS concept was meant as a 'future realisation' of the Supra ... still might never happen

And the Celica replacement is rumoured to be developed with Subaru using the current Impreza platform, but RWD only and most probably still using a Subaru engine ... Subaru will also have a small coupe ... and I think it might just be a few 'styling tweaks' to differentiate between the cars
    I'd rather be topless !

9. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Yeah, it must likely will be, my best bets are just an STi badge somewhere on the Subaru version and a very loud, grumbling exhaust .