1. How to make your own sound file?
    Polska111 is offline Just a Skidmark

I would like to make my own sound mod, however I have less than no idea what software is needed to be able to do so. People have clearly made them in the past, and I have a VERY good sound database of which to use to create a new mint soundpack, however I need to know what is involved. Can somebody set me in the right direction? I'll be your bestest of best friends.

lol. Peace <3

2. How to make your own sound file? Comments
  3. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Firstly,

- Get Audcaity
    - Make sure you have the .bnk unpacker/repacker

Using the .bnk unpacker/repacker, unpack the car sound .bnk, and extract the .wav files from inside this. Use Audacity to open these .wav files and then add i your own to another "track". Make sure they are exactly the same length by zooming right in. Delete the "original track" and export the whole thing as a .wav (Microsoft 4bit MS ADPCM) then 'replace' th original .wav in the .bnk unpacker/repacker with the newly saved one and 'save the .bnk'

Hopefully it should work =]

Sound Mods are the trickiest ever as it can sometimes take hours just to iron out one little sound glitch!
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

4. Leadfoot[YT] is offline COTM Creator

Sound Mods are the trickiest ever as it can sometimes take hours just to iron out one little sound glitch!
    I'll say.

And yes, you must zoom EXACTLY in. It's quite neccessary.

I'll make sure I was doing to right thing, and hopefully have worked out some of the problems I've been having with my sound mods.

Oh, and Iced, where can I post a link to my sound mods? I made a good one for the RT12 by piecing together bits of other sounds and some TT stuff, and I'd like to post a link to it somewhere on the forum, but I'm not sure where...

-Leadfoot

HittingRedline.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzza
    ...Norton deleted it.
    Maybe you should return the favour to Norton.

5. Polska111 is offline Just a Skidmark

My bnk editor keeps saying it failed to open and must terminate. Ive downloaded it 5 times from all your different links. Any ideas?

6. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

You must have MS .NetFrameowrk installed before the .bnk ediotr or TDU:Modding Tools will work.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

7. Polska111 is offline Just a Skidmark

Default Thank you muchly

for your help. I shall be making my pack as of today

8. 1fastz is offline Burnt-out Shell

Deleted...
    Last edited by 1fastz; 09/10/09 at 19:29 PM.

9. camryt is offline 'Low-skilled' screenmaker

Hello there.

My friend and I wanted to do a few sound mods, using sounds from NFS:Shift. But there is little problem. Which converter should we use to convert files from NFSS (.fsb)? Any ideas?

Cheers, cam.
    My TDU photothread. Which is lame.
    My TDU2 photothread. Which is as lame as TDU2 is.

Search Tags

custom vehicle sound mod