1. iBilo is offline ;)

Default PC parts questions

I need a bit of help, would all this stuff work together? Do I need to buy more? I'm a complete novice, not buying the stuff btw, haven't got any money yet.

2. RB26DETT is offline Banned

looks fine to me. can i have a link to that motherboard though.

i'd opt for a better processor. if you'll be sticking with AMD for budget sake, i'd get a 6000+ for gaming.

3. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

It would work together, but you've made a couple of poor choices IMHO - let us know if you'd like some advice in that respect.

4. iBilo is offline ;)

I would like some advice if you can please. Btw I have no idea and I was just picking stuff out that looked good via detailed specs. And its ment to be a gaming PC, one I could run TDU in full, rFactor, Crysis etc and one that's good for modding tbh.

Cheers.

5. RB26DETT is offline Banned

what's your budget dude?

6. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

You won't be able to run Crysis in full but you would probably manage TDU.

7. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Ok well general pointers include:

-Go for a dual core Intel CPU for best performance/money. Quad core if you've got extra.
    -Get either an AMD 4850 or nVidia 9800GTX graphics card for best performance/money. 4870 if you've got extra.
    -The best performance/money motherboards for Intel CPUs are the P35 chipset ones. P45 if you've got extra.
    -4gb RAM requires a 64bit operating system, so don't forget to get Vista Premium 64bit (if you don't get this right away you can upgrade from the 32bit one by asking MS to send you the 64bit disc for a few quid).
    -You don't need a separate sound card these days - most motherboards come with HD quality chips and you'll have more than enough spare CPU to drive it.
    -You'll only need around 400W at most, so don't go for a mega watt PSU, instead go for a good make like Seasonic, Corsair, OCZ etc. and aim for around the 520W mark.
    -14cm is an odd size for a case fan, might be better to go with a case that uses normal 12cm sized ones so you can replace the fans if the bearing get noisy.

8. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Computer wiz ftw

9. Speedtouch is offline I Wish I Was Special.

@ Kalniel: Quad cores aren't that expensive now. Obviously more than duals, but £120 for a 2.4GHz Quad isn't at all bad. My mate has it clocked to 3.2, and could probably get more.

But yeah. Some very bad choices there. Believe me: Intel and nVidia > AMD and ATI. It used to be the other way around, but times have changed!

PhOTW Week 8 + 15 | PTOTW Week 1, 4 + 5

10. pyrre is offline Driving In Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtouch »
    Intel and nVidia > AMD and ATI.
    Nvidia's GTX280 and 9800GX2 are the best cards at the moment (also high price ), BUT ATi has the best price/performance with it's 4800 series.

11. iBilo is offline ;)

Quote Originally Posted by kalniel »
    Ok well general pointers include:

-Go for a dual core Intel CPU for best performance/money. Quad core if you've got extra.
    -Get either an AMD 4850 or nVidia 9800GTX graphics card for best performance/money. 4870 if you've got extra.
    -The best performance/money motherboards for Intel CPUs are the P35 chipset ones. P45 if you've got extra.
    -4gb RAM requires a 64bit operating system, so don't forget to get Vista Premium 64bit (if you don't get this right away you can upgrade from the 32bit one by asking MS to send you the 64bit disc for a few quid).
    -You don't need a separate sound card these days - most motherboards come with HD quality chips and you'll have more than enough spare CPU to drive it.
    -You'll only need around 400W at most, so don't go for a mega watt PSU, instead go for a good make like Seasonic, Corsair, OCZ etc. and aim for around the 520W mark.
    -14cm is an odd size for a case fan, might be better to go with a case that uses normal 12cm sized ones so you can replace the fans if the bearing get noisy.
    +Rep.