1. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Default Tata grants JLR autonomy

Tata grants JLR autonomy
    David Smith, CEO of Jaguar Land Rover, has said the two-brands will be able to operate with more freedom under the ownership of Tata, free from the financial constraints which tied them down at Ford.

Smith told the Financial Times: "Financial constraints had made life much more difficult at Ford.

"Tata wants us to be more autonomous, Iíve got all the executive authority I need to make day-to-day decisions without having to consult with Tata board members."

Smith will meet with Tata's chairman, Ratan Tata and its chief executive, Ravi Kant every couple of months to review progress on plans strategies and future products.

JLR is currently implementing plans to move the brands upmarket into the £100,000 area and the recruitment of 600 more engineers.

UK dealer group Inchcape announced it would be sticking with JLR after meeting with Tata bosses in Mumbai. It was convinced by the new direction Tata would be taking.
    SOURCE: AMOnline

Seems good to me as now we might get some good looking cars, unlike the back of the XF that looks like an Aston or the XK which is a posh mondeo.

2. t.
    t. is offline Retired

XK looks like an Aston (I prefer the XK), XF is the posh Mondeo

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

3. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Quote Originally Posted by tWm. »
    XK looks like an Aston (I prefer the XK), XF is the posh Mondeo
    lol, I was talking about looks but as you rightly say the models are that way round

4. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too

This is exactly what i was hoping Tata to do with JLR, and is the whole reason why I was quite open to Tata buying them. This is what big, well-funded companies should be doing with the smaller manufacturers they own. Just give them the money to do what they want, and all will be happy.

Also, correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't Proton and Lotus have a similar deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...

5. t.
    t. is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Nodz86 »
    lol, I was talking about looks but as you rightly say the models are that way round
    Yea I got you, I'm just being picky.

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

Search Tags

autonomy
jaguar
land rover
tata