1. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Default Schumacher hits pedestrian with van

From BTYahoo news and eurosport:

Schumacher hits pedestrian with van

Eurosport - Thu, 31 Jul 15:26:00 2008

Formula One legend Michael Schumacher hit a pedestrian while driving a Fiat Ducato van in Kent on Sunday.

The German struck car dealer Martin Kingham while overtaking an elderly lady driver on his way to a private airfield.

Martin Kingham was closing a security gate when Schumacher, who has appeared in adverts driving a Fiat van, made contact, leaving Kingham startled but unhurt.

"I was putting the security bars up outside the garage before going home," Kingham told the Daily Mirror. "I have to stand on the edge of the road and keep an eye on traffic.

"Out of nowhere I heard a bang from behind me. It spun me round and I was thrown forward on to my face, hitting the bonnet of a parked van.
    Then I saw a big blue van go by and realised they'd hit me. I thought I recognised the driver, but my head was spinning."

Kingham claims Schumacher reacted furiously, blaming him for the accident.

"He was screaming, 'What the f*****g hell were you doing in the road?' He seemed cross, as if I was in the wrong. I called the police," he said.

Schumacher passed a breathalyser test before Kingham was told who was at the wheel of the van.

"The officers asked me to wait in my office while they spoke to him," he said. "An officer came in and said 'This guy's claiming to be Michael Schumacher'. Then another told us she'd seen his ID and it was him.

"Try telling people you were hit by Michael Schumacher and see what response you get. My wife thought I was winding her up. I guess it shows once a racing driver, always a racing driver. The old ladies were probably only doing 30mph and he fancied his chances.

"He probably wasn't expecting me to be in the road. Still, I'm lucky to be in one piece and I suppose it's a great story, so no harm done."
    A spokesperson for Schumacher confirmed the incident and said the former Ferrari man had co-operated fully with police at the scene.

Alex Chick / Eurosport

2. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

All the pedestrians fault he should have been watching for the van.
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

3. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Did Schumacher overtake on the wrong side of the road or something?
    I'm a bit mental.

4. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    Did Schumacher overtake on the wrong side of the road or something?
    Exactly - you don't expect cars to be coming from the wrong direction so I'm not surprised he wasn't looking.

5. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

It also Said that he was spun round, so he was facing the other way...

he should of sued the Millionaire for every penny he had (not like it works that way)

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

6. MCW
    MCW is offline MCW

I would have hit the pedestrian if I was Schu and I would have hit Schu if I was the pedestrian!

7. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

Just heard about this on GPupdate.net lucky no one was hurt.

8. CarboyZR1 is offline Asian

I saw this article on TG and it said that the wing mirror hit the person.

9. Car Freak is offline loves dirt too

Lol first it was Kimi being an arse when he knocked over that little kid, now it's Schumi's turn... Who next?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You're impossible, Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Impossible is nothing. Therefore I am nothing...

10. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

To be honest is he walks into a road looking anyway he's and idiot. I hate Schumacher but if somone walks out in frount of you without looking its not your fault.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

11. Speedtouch is offline I Wish I Was Special.

I wonder where abouts in Kent this was...? If he came from Brands Hatch, then there is a strong possibility it was near to my town...

PhOTW Week 8 + 15 | PTOTW Week 1, 4 + 5

12. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Car Freak »
    Lol first it was Kimi being an arse when he knocked over that little kid, now it's Schumi's turn... Who next?
    Someone high up like Mr Mosley.. oh, wait a second..

13. Rtoups is offline The Cool

Why was he driving a Fiat van?
    Please edit your signature to be within the new forum guidelines, thanks.

14. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Quote Originally Posted by Rtoups »
    Why was he driving a Fiat van?
    They own Ferrari and Ferrari don't make a van.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

15. Captain_ClutchKick is offline Slidey slidey!

He's a right shovel-faced fool, isn't he?

Have you seen his adverts?

If the video above doesn't show click here to view it.

If the video above doesn't show click here to view it.

BUY FIATS!!

Why?

Err... Schuey likes them?!
    Cars:
    Freedom, style, sex, power, motion, colour, everything.

Search Tags

hit
michael
pedestrian
schumacher
van