1. RB26DETT is offline Banned

Default Greedy greedy Apple

I know iPod's generally are overpriced and that Apple sell overcharged electronics but don't you think this is just pushing it? They're charging $10 to update to the latest firmware that enables iPod Touch and iPhone owners to download third party applications onto their device. Cool idea, right? I'd gladly pay for the applications I'd want to download like; Crash Nitro Kart and Cro Mag Rally, but charging for the software is just ubsurb. What's even worse is that iPhone owners can get the software update for FREE! While us iPod Touch owners have to pay! What kind of discrimantion is that?

Think of it this way:

"Woop! I just bought myself this kick ass rig that has a QX9450 and 3x Nvidia GeForce GTX 280's in tri-sli that I spent a buttload of cash for"

Only to find out you don't have an Operating System and you have to spend more in order for it to work.

Apple, Greedy little b*stards.

I'm sticking to my 1.1.4 Jailbroken kthnxbai!

(Oh, if you're wondering why I'm complaining because it's only $10, $10 is a pretty big amount of money for us Filipinos.)

2. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

That is disgusting actually, I doubt many will bother and Apple will hopefully change their minds and whoever made this decision shot themselves in the foot as make Apple look like a greedy and selfish company, almost like Microsoft in the cheapness and downright dirty tactics that they are making THEIR customers go through for something they should get for free.

The new iFleece from Apple, you buy it then we charge you for it.
    I'm a bit mental.

3. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

2 Words.

[mod edit:] As much as I hate this as much as you, please remember the rules. Cheers!

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

4. RB26DETT is offline Banned

^ lol

I'm hoping a Jailbroken version of the 2.0 firmware is on it's way. I want Crash Nitro Kart really really badly.

MS should release a phone called the iPwned.

5. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

Unfortunately, I can see the majority of people buying it

E: Justin, I can images that a 2.0 jailbreak is on the way soon enough. You can already Jailbreak the iPhone using WinPwn

E2: Also, why aren't you on msn? You need to look after your ill companion xD

6. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

Yep and that's the problem, people will pay for things which should be free. That's the way this world is becoming though, if you want anything now you have to pay for. It's a sad fact of life
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

7. RB26DETT is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by randomus_r »

E2: Also, why aren't you on msn? You need to look after your ill companion xD
    I've been online for a good hour already.

8. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Paying for firmware, thats totally stupid. They make mistakes and don't add things at the begining they should fix it for free. Don't know why apple are so popular, the I-Phone 3G has been the only thing i've really really wanted from them.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

9. RB26DETT is offline Banned

i want a macbook pro.

10. Neo-Tech is offline TDU 2 = Win.

I can give you the firmware file for free, only if this is allowed though

11. RB26DETT is offline Banned

nah. discussion about cracks or illegal file sharing isnt allowed on the forum.

12. iBilo is offline ;)

Oh dear. I think Apple need to eat a lot of apples.

13. t.
    t. is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    That is disgusting actually, I doubt many will bother
    Lol. This is how apple have survived since they re invented themselves. Plenty will buy it.

I don't know just how significant this update is but I'm not shocked. You pay to upgrade your OS on the computer this is the same practise just in minature.

I can see why you're mad the Touch really isn't a very old product and it seems kind of early on in the lifecycle to be paying to update already.

I haven't gone down the iPhone or iPod Touch route yet. I'll complain when I get there.

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

14. RB26DETT is offline Banned

it's not like upgrading an OS, it's like updating one. it's like microsoft charging you to install service pack 1 for your vista machine. because imo, this just adds the feature of being able to buy applications from the itunes store.

15. t.
    t. is offline Retired

Yea I hear you. I can argue against what you just said and in favour of what you just said.

This should act as a good warm up lesson should you ever want to join the Mac fraternity.

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

16. RB26DETT is offline Banned

hmmm weird. now whenever i sync my ipod touch to my laptop, it tells me there's a new firmware update, 1.1.5.

maybe they were like:

"oh this dude's not going to pay. he keeps declining the 2.0 firmware upgrade"

LOL

17. Captain_ClutchKick is offline Slidey slidey!

Never owned anything by Apple, I've had a Creative Zen Visison M for over a year. Never skipped a beat, firmware upgrades all free
    Cars:
    Freedom, style, sex, power, motion, colour, everything.