1. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

Smile Took apart my destroyed HPI RS4 EV0 Nitro R/C car.

About a year ago I was tuning my gear ratios on my block when I drove the car a little too far out of the range of my remote. In that case at about 46 MPH it crashed into the curb, bursting the fuel tank, destroying the right front suspension assembly and knocking out the rear right tire drive shaft.
    So today when I had quite a lot of free time I disassembled it, taking off all the damaged parts, cleaning up the asphalt stuck in hard places.
    I am planing to do a complete overhaul and fit carbon fiber parts to replace the plastics and stronger aluminum shafts (I already changed my gears and rear suspension and fitted a better exhaust) and so on.

Most of the parts taken off. Just the front assembly, engine, and center diff remain

Closer pic of the engine without heatsink and THS Racing exhaust (sounds great)

The 2.0 HP T15 HPI engine, I might change it or put new piston, and crank in.

The ruptured fuel tank, need a stronger composite.

A pic of me and the disassembled car.

2. Loz
    Loz is offline SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT

Thats a puny Engine you got there...

I want one of these... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mutb7KgA9NM

Loz Shots - GT6 | FM5 | FM6 | pCars

3. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Pressurized »
    Thats a puny Engine you got there...

I want one of these... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mutb7KgA9NM
    Thats sounds like it could power a small human size car, and good luck with fixing it.

4. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

Lol you're funny. I just loveee RC cars. always wanted one that used gas instead of electricity

5. khevolution is offline Most likely To Hit a Tree

to stop it running away again, what you need is a failsafe, as soon as it looses signal from the transmitter it will apply the brakes, therefore no more kurbs will be in danger

something like this http://tinyurl.com/failsafe

6. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

Thanks man I will look into getting that. I also need some advice on some R/C skills, Whats you MSN khevolution.

7. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

It's on his profile bar on the left of his post, click the little butterfly or whatever it is under his activity

8. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

Quote Originally Posted by mellors »
    It's on his profile bar on the left of his post, click the little butterfly or whatever it is under his activity
    I got it don't worry. Now all that is left of my R/C car is the Engine and Gears everything else is gone. Gonna save a good amount of money and mod everything I possible can, including the engine

Search Tags

cars
r/c