Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Default Zephyr dubbed 360 Elite (basically a black 360)

Source: http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/03...e-new-details/

With the revelation that the black Xbox 360, also known as "Zephyr" is in fact real (the image above is a dev kit, by the way), Engadget has gathered some concrete details from a trusted source. Some of these details were uncovered earlier this morning, but some questions -- particularly the notion of built in WiFi -- are brand new. See the fresh details below.
    • First of all, the black Xbox 360 will be officially known as the Xbox 360 Elite.
    • The Elite will be manufactured in limited quantities, possibly a few hundred thousand.
    • Everything included with the unit will be black, including the case, controller, and Live headset. The packaging will be new as well.
    • The Elite will cost $479 and will be sold alongside Premium and Core packs.
    • Eventually, a white version of the Elite will replace Xbox 360 Premium packs. Presumably, this will happen shortly after the Elite is sold out. Once this happens, Premiums will include the 120 GB HDD and HDMI.
    • There is no solid date for the Elite-to-Premium transition, though it is estimated to happen late summer or early fall.
    • The Elite runs cooler than the current Premium, but it is unknown if it takes advantage of 65nm chips.
    • Prices could remain the same when Premiums convert to 120GB/HDMI, but a price cut may still occur once the 65nm chips are implemented.
    • The HD-DVD player will definitely not be bundled with the Elite and Microsoft stands by its claim that it has no plans to ever integrate an HD-DVD drive into the Xbox 360.
    • There are no plans to integrate WiFi into the Elite or future Premium packs.
    So there you have it, everything we know about the Elite until Microsoft decides to send out an official press release. Now that you know all the details (especially the bit about the Elite running cooler), do you plan on picking up an Xbox 360 Elite?

Source: http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/03...e-new-details/
    I'm a bit mental.

2. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Default Re: Zephyr dubbed 360 Elite (basically a black 360)

I spent most of my money on the 360 anyway, no way im saving that long to get another one even if it is likely to blow up on me. They really should have had this console on realease.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

3. Street Ryder is offline Speed Demon

its real nice looking tho, i like it but might not buy it

4. FA430RGT is offline Hoods and Alley-ways..

Details:
    • First of all, the black Xbox 360 will be officially known as the Xbox 360 Elite.
    • The Elite will be manufactured in limited quantities, possibly a few hundred thousand.
    • Everything included with the unit will be black, including the case, controller, and Live headset. The packaging will be new as well.
    • Eventually, a white version of the Elite will replace Xbox 360 Premium packs. Presumably, this will happen shortly after the Elite is sold out. Once this happens, Premiums will include the 120 GB HDD and HDMI.
    • There is no solid date for the Elite-to-Premium transition, though it is estimated to happen late summer or early fall.
    • The Elite runs cooler than the current Premium, but it is unknown if it takes advantage of 65nm chips.
    • Prices could remain the same when Premiums convert to 120GB/HDMI, but a price cut may still occur once the 65nm chips are implemented.
    • The HD-DVD player will definitely not be bundled with the Elite and Microsoft stands by its claim that it has no plans to ever integrate an HD-DVD drive into the Xbox 360.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I dunno about you lot but I love the black trim! Thats all I really need not too worried about the big Memory.. But damn look at the price!
    ...I Still Dawdle Round These Ends...

5. craigie is offline I have the...

Quote Originally Posted by FA430RGT »
    Details:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I dunno about you lot but I love the black trim! Thats all I really need not too worried about the big Memory.. But damn look at the price!
    isnt that much - its dollars remember

i might get one of these. My 360 is on its last legs and i reacon its got another few months left and its out of worrenty (i really cant spell) so i need to buy a new one soon anyway and i like the black
    Foo Fighters @ Wembley - 6th June
    Fatboy Slim @ O2 Wireless Festival 2008

6. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

I don't know why the are charging more for it though! I mean a 120Gb HDD probably costs Microsoft like $20 or something and an HDMI port costs about $3 and they are saving money with the new processor manufacturing that is about to come into effect. As one Xbox magazine points out this + HD-DVD = $680, PS3 = $699. Not much difference in there now.
    I'm a bit mental.

7. craigie is offline I have the...

how much is it in pounds?

8. TOOL is offline Hot Hatch

I would love to pick it up because i think it looks sick in black but, ill just buy a black case for mine off www.decalgirl.com!

9. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

I have the Black Joytech faceplate and it does indeed look very good. however the plain white Core Disk tray is a bit out of place against all the black
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

10. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

but can you transfer all the data from HDD to HDD? nope

end result, unles you dont have a 360 its not worth buying
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

11. craigie is offline I have the...

Quote Originally Posted by nipper »
    but can you transfer all the data from HDD to HDD? nope

end result, unles you dont have a 360 its not worth buying
    yes you can

they are including a cable to transfer data

12. TOPGEAR DOG is offline Secretly a shoplifter!

I might get one for my b'day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

13. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

Quote Originally Posted by craigie »
    yes you can

they are including a cable to transfer data
    yea, but we all know what happens to TDU data when transferred now dont we
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

14. EiGHT 84LL is offline Diesel power !!

the new HDD will be available to buy anyway no doubt,, and yes the data can be transfered

the only plus point about it really is the HDMI, but unless your stupid enough to forkout for a FULL HDTV then you wont be able to view the 360 in 1080p anyway.. HDREADY wont view 1080p , so im sticking with my normal 360's, but i will get the bigger HDD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

15. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

i can view HD in 1080i

but the big tele has HDMI ports, and i reli dont understand lol
    ||||||||||||||||||

16. EiGHT 84LL is offline Diesel power !!

i can view HD in 1080i

but the big tele has HDMI ports, and i reli dont understand lol
    like i said.. HDready can only go up to 1080i... you need fullHD and HDMI to view 1080p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

17. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

yea, but we all know what happens to TDU data when transferred now dont we
    We know what happens to TDU data when you transfer from HDD to MCU

HDD to HDD may be different
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

18. mellors_ is offline Banned

i think im just gonna get a black cover as im getting a 300GB HDD for my 360 anyway

19. craigie is offline I have the...

its official now guys...

April 29th in America..

20. TOOL is offline Hot Hatch

I heard for the first couple of months there only going to be in black then they will be the same white as the regular ones for a while, then the stores will carry both black and white like a year from the launch date. I know there going to be super hard to find in black at first, but if this rumor is true anyone can get a black one with a little patience!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last