1. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Default Shut the hell up about England !!! *Sport commentary*

Anyone not from England watching the Euro 2008 game with Germany v Portugal knows what I'm talking about. I mean come to france, these idiots are talking about England who aren't even in the tournament and whenever they can they try and mention them somehow even if it's the most idiotic and stupid mention you could imagine.

Just before the ads came on we had this gem:

"It's difficult enough to beat Germany when you're England, who can do it here?"

It's only PORTUGAL v GERMANY that's playing so obviously the answer is Portugal. It's no wonder every country outside England hates the team and wants them to lose, it's not due to the team, it's due to the media and their complete bias.

Honestly you guys listen to them and count within the first 5mins of the 2nd half how many times England gets mentioned then tap the table or mark in the paper and count how many times England gets mentioned, you may very well be surprised and learn and actually see how much of a joke and headache the rest of us have to put up with this crap.
    I'm a bit mental.

2. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

Well Said
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

3. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

They even mention it on the Dutch commentary, idiots.
    To bad England isn't in Euro 2008.
    I like the way they play soccer, very different then the way it's played in Holland.

I want Portugal to win btw. I hate Germany, very much actually.

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

4. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Motson is the worst for it, usually before the game has started England will have about 2 mentions.

---------------------------------------------------

55mins: "Ricardo scored that penalty against England in that infamous (how?) penalty shootout in Euro 2004"

We needed to know that yeah?
    I'm a bit mental.

5. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

Just ignore it. Or complain to ITV (put an sh in front of that to get the channel name)
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

6. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

I dont hate England, I actually like England very much. I was thinking about living in England but some things there are too expensive.

Here in Brazil, ppl dont hate England either, when it comes to soccer and its England vs Brazil ppl are always like: " OMG Brazil should be careful, England are one of the best soccer players in the world". Dunno if its true but thats what many ppl think here.

7. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by baldred »
    Just ignore it. Or complain to ITV (put an sh in front of that to get the channel name)
    They don't listen, check the ITV forums, so many non-English people voicing their opinions and even a good amount of english people also but do they take notice? Nope. It's going to take something big and something that will get noticed to make them actually take notice. Maybe attack the commentators who keep spouting the nonsense maybe?
    I'm a bit mental.

8. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Didn't watch it, but i'm not watching Euro because England isn't in it anyway. ITV won't do anything about it though obviously and it's no good attacking the commentators as it'll just give England fans a worse name .

9. TopGearFTW is offline Self-Proclaimed GH Master

I noticed this as well, the quote was something like

'Typical that the one qualifying group to produce two Quarter Final teams was England's group'

WHY is it?

If we had been switched for, say, Bosnia, they wouldn't have said 'Typical, Bosnia's group produced the most Quarter Finalists'

And yeah, Motson is an idiot, my dad owned him with a comment during the Holland France match I think it was :P

10. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

That is why I always mute the TV or the commentators on interactive if you can on that channel, they always do my head in

11. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

I'm watching House mainly now anyway but I'll switch back and forth when I can.
    I'm a bit mental.

12. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

Me lovez House

13. Mb

3-2 now! Atleast it's getting exciting.
    Portugal should definately win.

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

14. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

I hate Ronaldo. Even though he's a talented player, something in me wouldnt hold back a big big punch if I saw him (and had enough money to loose once he sued my "bottom")
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

15. Mb

I'd like to hit Schweinsteiger with a baseballbat in his face He's such an ITV with sh in front, -v and with hole behind it.

16. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Its the Same Here in France, Ive seen it mentioned In the french newspaper a few times

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

17. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

ITV commentry is useless, keep on talking about some "great thing" that happened years ago, just want them to shut up. Its not the atomsphere that makes watching a game at the stadium better, its that you don't have then rabbiting on about crap.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

18. TopGearFTW is offline Self-Proclaimed GH Master

The main annoyance for me is where they spout out random statistics that no-one cares about:

'Portugal have never won against Russia playing at home when it is 32°C outside, during rain, when the attendance is between 40 and 50 thousand people'

NO-ONE GIVES A......HOOT