1. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?

Default TF2 Free Weekend

This weekend is a TF2 free weekend, so you can download the full game and play for free. You can even download it now, before the play starts, so that tomorrow morning you can play straight away, with the game already downloaded. So for those of you that don't have AitD arriving first thing tomorrow, this is a great alternative to take your mind off it

This is down to a pyro class update being released along with 2 custom maps...

http://www.steampowered.com/pyro/

One of the things we enjoy at Valve is seeing the fantastic things that community members create with the Source Engine SDK. When we released Team Fortress 2, we also released the production tools that we made our maps with. Since then, weíve seen a ton of great, community-made maps appear on servers out there, and received many emails from players recommending their favorites to us. After seeing the large number of these maps, and the high quality work contained within them, we decided itíd be great to get some of them out in an update so that everyone can experience them.

For the first Community Map Pack, we've selected two of the best community-made maps out there. It wasn't easy to select just two, with so many great maps to choose from, and more appearing every day. We've had a lot of fun playing these maps, and we know that many of you have too. For those of you who havenít tried them out, youíre in for a treat.
    In addition to the three unlockable Pyro weapons, we've made a significant addition to the base Pyro flamethrower. By hitting the alt-fire key, the Pyro is able to produce a blast of compressed air that knocks enemies away, and redirects enemy projectiles. Itís a highly versatile tool, allowing Pyros to get away from nearby enemies after igniting them, to kill enemy soldiers with their own rockets, or to separate enemy Medics from their healing targets. In particular, it allows a skilled Pyro to contain an enemy invulnerability push, and even to separate the Medic completely if the surrounding terrain supports it.
    Also, check out this server...

Because it's owned my TSS and Me
    Last edited by Speed; 19/06/08 at 10:42 AM.

2. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

I take it we wont be able to play after the weekend?
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

3. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?

Quote Originally Posted by Iced_Bullet »
    I take it we wont be able to play after the weekend?
    That's why it's called a "Free Weekend." You can only play for the weekend as a taster to see if you want to buy the game, they're not just giving it out for free forever!

4. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Yeah, alright

It's like a BOGOF, you get to keep the free one forever. I just hoped they that they were giving the game out for free that weekend to keep forever Even though I didn't actually think they would.

5. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

Here is Meet the Sniper.
    If the video above doesn't show click here to view it.
    HD link

6. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

Great opportunity for newcomers to the game and I think it's a great way to see how good a game this really is. I mentioned this to Speedtouch and he has been hooked from the moment his download finished and started playing.

I'm sure after the Free Weekend you will be dieing to buy the game because it is just THAT good

Team Fortress 2 for free? Iced what the hell are you playing at. It would never be free. If it was then nobody would get any money and they wouldn't bother to put in the effort of updates

7. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Damn, I'm away tomorrow ... ergh

*downloading for today*