1. TDU Mods : Common_car.bnk Mods [Tyre Sidewalls & Tred, Neons, Seatbelt etc]
    Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

In this series of threads, I'm listing and giving tutorials on how to improve your game-play. These are not instructions, or officially related to Atari in any way. They are tutorials created by me, for the sole purpose of giving you the chance to improve your gameplay.

I take no responsibility in your game going corupt or damaged. I cannot be help responsible for damages to game files or profiles.
    However this is highly unlikely to happen

Anyway, on with the tutorial of the common_car.bnk ...

Make sure you back up everything, unless you want to have to reinstall TDU when you decide the tyre rubber doesn't look as good.

-------------------------------------------------------
    -------------
    ---------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------

Common_car.bnk Modifications:

This allows you to create new Sidewalls, tyre treds, rubber colour and Seatbelt Colouring!

Click to Enlarge All

Step 1
    I cba to type everything out again! Just follow this tutorial, except using the files listed below [link]

Use the Bnk Editor to open up Common_car.bnk located in 'C:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Vehicules'.

Step 2

Depending on which file you wish to modify, you must extract it using 'Extract selection'.

Tyre Sidewall Colour file:
    - tr_01.2DB

Tyre Sidewall 3D file:

- ts_tr_01.2DB

Tyre Sidewall Gloss file:
    - tr_g_01.2DB

Tyre Tred 3D file:
    - ts_tire.2DB

Seatbelt Colour and Texture:

- Seatbelt.2DB

In-Garage Shadows
    (Also, shadows from a great distance)
    Neons can be made from this!
    - shadow.2DB (Cars)
    - shadow_m.2DB (Motorbikes)

Beware, that the shadows only can be viewed when the target vehicle is at a fair distance, or parked in your garage, or is a parked AI car.

You might want to try slick tyres, but trust me, they don't look very good

Also, once you've opened tr_01.2DB, to change the colour, just change the colour balance
    Last edited by Iced_Bullet; 07/06/08 at 17:49 PM.
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

2. TDU Mods : Common_car.bnk Mods [Tyre Sidewalls & Tred, Neons, Seatbelt etc] Comments
  3. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?

Quote Originally Posted by Iced_Bullet »
    Anyway, on with the tutorial of Rim-Swapping ...
    Thought I'd bump this just to let you know that on basically all your tutorials it says that at the top, Lol

4. Audi90quattro is offline Just a Skidmark

Ok, tried this and found something interesting. When you colour the seatbelts, it only colours them in some car, eg, I tried colouring them red and it worked in an A3 but now in a Murcielago. But what's even more interesting is that in your garage it colours both the front seatbelts however, when you get in and drive, your players blet is back to the original colour.

5. MapleCars is offline Forza Fan

But what tool needed to open the 2db file?
    or I really wanna try slick ti0re, could u post them?

6. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.