Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Default Scottish 800bhp Supercar

From Auto Blog. Now is it just me or does it look like a square konnigsegg(sp) with a hint of Lambo???

Scotland gets in on the supercar game with 800 hp Falen

Posted May 29th 2008 10:28AM by Dan Roth
    Filed under: Concept Cars, Euro, Supercars

That brogue you hear pealing off the countryside? No, it's not a banshee (that's Ireland, anyway), it's a 5.5 liter Judd V10 mounted admidships in the forthcoming Falen Scots Supercar. At least it will be, once the vehicle gets off the computer screen and onto the road. Lending credibility is the presence of that Judd engine, the GV 5.5L V10 that's widely used in Le Mans Prototype class cars. Serious specifications go along with the gravity of 800 horsepower. The ultra-exclusive Falen – only four will be built – will be constructed of carbon fiber and feature a hinged greenhouse like a jet fighter. Four lucky rich folk will eventually wind up with a track-day weapon capable of more annihilation than William Wallace could muster if the Falen ever comes to fruition. A prototype is expected to debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March of 2009, and development progress can be checked at Dowdeswell & Hardie's website once it goes live in June.

Gallery: Falen Scots SupercarFalen Scots Supercar
    Last edited by Nodz86; 29/05/08 at 18:58 PM.

2. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

Wow that's pretty. But yes, does look like a Koenighini.

3. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Whoa, shineh ^_^

4. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Is this more a rendered artists impression as it looks like yes a Koenigsegg has been heavily shopped but either way I see a lot of good stuff in it, mainly Veyron, Lamborghini and of course the Swedish Egg itself.
    I'm a bit mental.

5. CarboyZR1 is offline Asian

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    Is this more a rendered artists impression as it looks like yes a Koenigsegg has been heavily shopped but either way I see a lot of good stuff in it, mainly Veyron, Lamborghini and of course the Swedish Egg itself.
    Back looks a small bit like a Ferrari too.

6. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

It has the features of all the best supercars. Which is what is wants in order to bring out the best.

7. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Meh, only 4 going to be built o_O

8. Fridge Magnet Rabbit is offline Manchester Racer Kid

it does have all the good features of a decent supercar
    low roof, mean look, lots of horses to pull it, light and hopefully handes brilliantly
    Nugget of the week: week 27!!
    1x Winner of 'What car is this?'
    TDU1: Paltala
    TDU2: Paltala
    TDU2 Forums: Paltala
    Recurring Theme much? :P

9. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

Chrysler ME-FOUR-TWELVE copy.
    Which is RUBBISH!

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

10. AdamFraser is offline Airtime

Like most Scottish car companies it'll be a flop. I guarantee it.

11. iBilo is offline ;)

I can imagine this breaking down at the side of the M25 in traffic in the outside lane...

12. AdamFraser is offline Airtime

Thats if it gets to the M25 in the first place

13. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

Wow, kinda looks like the one im creating

14. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

Haha. Yes probably won't make it past the drawing board. The "shopped" picture looks very cool though!

15. RB26DETT is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    lol. when i first saw the pic, i thought the same too.

16. CptDarknuggets is offline 200 Angry Clydesdales

Looks like the concept GT90 which look horrible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

17. mikipvfc is offline user title eh???? okay er

ive hard about that dont know the specs or anyuthing but i know another megacar (its should really be called) i saw in autocar or auto express car mag its called a hellcat and unlimited itll top 300 mph (yeah right) but its limited to er 275 mph (yeah right again like to see them try )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    caterham r500 fan woooo its back

18. AdamFraser is offline Airtime

The Melling Hellcat was just a project made by numpties who cant quite work out that big cars dont go fast. It has the aerodynamics of a bloody brick and would be very lucky if it reached 200mph to be perfectly honest. Plus, with its "quad turbo, 1175bhp engine", it'll never do that because there wont be near enough any traction. I've just spent my morning reading about a car being built in NZ - around 900bhp pulling about 1500ft/lb torque - that thing spins its wheels in fourth, so unless Melling have some absolute mega gear ratios or some bloody good traction system, there will never be enough space to get to 300.

ETA : Here's Melling's predictions of vmax -

Now, lets take the Veyron for instance. On an engine dyno that will pull about 1300bhp, but road factors limit that to 1001. Now if VW/Bugatti put absolutely billions into that project (if you work it out - development costs / number of cars, they lose about &#163;4-5million on each) , how can some company that hardly anyone has heard of do it. I'm not trying to knock them, but it's an impossible task.
    Last edited by AdamFraser; 30/05/08 at 09:58 AM.

19. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

+

Photoshop

=

This Rubbish

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

20. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Thats cool but why go for speed, pointless task really. Get some really good handling set up, 180mph ish briliant interier and then its a cool car.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 Last