Topic:

MP3 Converter

1. iBilo is offline ;)

Default MP3 Converter

Where can I get a decent MP3 Converter that converts M4A to MP3, the whole songs?

My Creative Zen doesn't like M4A's so I have to convert some of my songs.

2. Speedtouch is offline I Wish I Was Special.

iTunes does that. But if they are DRMed, then I just record them using Audacity. Best program evar!

PhOTW Week 8 + 15 | PTOTW Week 1, 4 + 5

3. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

Total video converter but it isn't free .

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

4. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

Yeah I also need something to convert all my iTunes purchases into non-DRM MP3s ... any suggestions, I don't mind paying a few quid for the right programme.

Also suggestions for a smallish (20G+) small HD/solid state device would be appreciated ... something to put my music on and then leave plugged into the car ... the new car uses a USB port and only accepts Windows Playlists ... hence the change from ipod!
    I'd rather be topless !

5. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

The guy on the gadget show suggested burning to CD and then ripping them into .mp3

You could burn onto rewrittable, so you can use the disc again and again, rather than having to use a new disc for every 20 or so songs.
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

6. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

I have 'quite a few' tunes I've purchased from iTunes over the years ... that would take ages

to put it into some context I have a 20G iPod Colour ... which has over 4000 songs on it ... I've no idea how many I purchased off iTunes and how many I took off my CD collection
    I'd rather be topless !

7. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

It was still a suggestion though, which would work ...

Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

8. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?

Study my desktop (The red might give it away )

I'll find a link asap, and if I can't I'll just try and put the installer on Filefront myself

9. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

I've had loads over the last few years that i've stared building my music collection and keep loosing them. Most are shamless trails made to look like freeware, annoying. I used nero wave somthing or other once aswell, that worked for odd tracks/
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

10. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?

Windows

Mac

P.S. Havn't tested if those were the right programs, so let me know if they don't work

11. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

I use xilosoft audio converter, Costs about 10 but i got it from school for free. It keeps the quality of the song and it is quite fast compared to some others that I have used.

http://www.xilisoft.com/audio-converter.html

12. t.
    t. is offline Retired

M4A > MP3 at all bitrates. Mostly noticeable below 200kbps. Hydrogen audio tested it extensively. Buy a good audio player.

Back on topic, there was a PC programme that converted your DRM iTunes files into non DRM M4a files. I'll see if I can find it again. It was similar to the Jhymm project only it was more up to date. Not sure how well it worked.

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

13. Nipper is offline \/ The REAL TDUCk \/

May I suggest going over to a little site called www.download.com , plenty of super cool things over their to keep you entertained during work etc. (I highly recomend the Japanese channels on the Super Internet TV 7 program, pure comedy)
    ||||||||||||||||||
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

14. iBilo is offline ;)

Download.com is awesome. :P