Anyone else watching? Suitably hydrated I hope

My vote's with Latvia this year
    Last edited by kalniel; 24/05/08 at 21:13 PM. Reason: grammar

2. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

I like Latvia, actually voted for them and Iceland
    But
    SWEDEN FTW

3. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

if i could remember what country the pirate song was then they get my vote. Currently listening to my own music until the hilarious hook ups for the results, well i find them funny.
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

4. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Pirates = Latvia
    People actually booed when they got on the stage xD

5. t.
    t. is offline Retired

Latvia had the pirate song "with a hi hi hi and a hey hey hey, pirates are all we can be"

Yea.... it is funnier than 90% of comedy on TV.

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

6. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

I missed it for the build up of the Hatton fight, was england as embarassing as last year?

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

7. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

Uk to Greece 12 Points

8. khevolution is offline Most likely To Hit a Tree

i got distracted watching shriek on BBC Three

Man that is a Awsome film, gotta love the donkey!

9. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

YAY 6 point's!!!!

10. Speed is offline Can You Feel It?

Oh dear, we came last

11. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Well, congrats Russia
    Atleast a country that never won before did it

12. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

FIX!!!!! it's all corrupted, and i think something needs to be done about the way the voting is decided.

13. kalniel is offline Hypercar Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by baldred »
    FIX!!!!! it's all corrupted, and i think something needs to be done about the way the voting is decided.
    That's half the fun - terrible songs, good songs.. it doesn't affect the voting in the slightest

14. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

It's all about politics. I'm not saying ours was brilliant, but how comes Spain beat us xD ?! We get (hardly) no votes, yet we are (or our language) is obviously needed, as 95% sign in English! Even the French! Anyway, Britain's Got More Talent was better anyway, so didn't watch much, except Iceland (Which I liked)

(no racism intended - it's is known the French pride themselves on their language)
    - <3 SpeedraceR )
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

15. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

Quote Originally Posted by kalniel »
    That's half the fun - terrible songs, good songs.. it doesn't affect the voting in the slightest
    Yep. What a great continent we live in, a contest about music and all the voting is political

16. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Quote Originally Posted by kalniel »
    Yeah ... OK ... you believe that.
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

17. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

How many really vote for thee songs they like? xD Most countrys do friends-voting, which is why we almost didn't compete at all this year

18. Speedtouch is offline I Wish I Was Special.

I agree entirely with what Wogan was saying at the end. Should we bother anymore? This is no longer a song contest.

Now don't call me a bad loser, but I seriously believe the BBC should pull out of Eurovision. Sure it would possibly collapse (the BBC is one of, if not the, largest TV company contributing to it) but I certainly wouldn't care. Hell maybe even the TV licence would go down. The BBC news report earlier on was yet another piece of proof that this is a waste of time - people have studied the 'contest' for a while, and can correctly predict the results with clever computer programs. In fact, even Terry can do it. It is impossible for the UK (and many other countries) to win. It doesn't matter what song we have, or how good it is, we cannot win. I definately wouldn't be sorry to see this go. Sure it would be the end of an era (of Wogan and Eurovision), but it would be ending of no fault of our own.

PhOTW Week 8 + 15 | PTOTW Week 1, 4 + 5

19. t.
    t. is offline Retired

Lol. You could do most of the voting before the songs, it makes no real difference. There was a lot of former USSR satellite states through to the finals this year so Russia were on for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtouch »
    I agree entirely with what Wogan was saying at the end. Should we bother anymore? This is no longer a song contest.
    TBF he has said that for about the last 4 years. This is nothing new, it was just worse than usual this year.

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

20. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtouch »
    people have studied the 'contest' for a while, and can correctly predict the results with clever computer programs.
    So true, our commentators was sitting and telling us which country was going to get the 12 points almost all the time

[e] Here is the complete scoreboard
    http://www.eurovision.tv/event/scoreboard?event=1469
    Last edited by Andreas¹; 24/05/08 at 22:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last