Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. macd79 is offline Chuck Norris

Default how to lower the price of fuel

We are hitting £1.23.9 a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1.29.9 a ltr. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT,whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP (they also charge the most now).

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ..

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!! Acting together we can make a difference . If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE (I woulkd have said a more realistic 89p but who knows)

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso

not sur if this will work but spead it around anyway

ps if you think its spam ill delete it

E8400 @ 4.34GHz | HD4870 @ 790/4400 | Corsair XMS2 4GB | Asus P5Q-E | Corsair 750W PSU | Antec 1200 | WD 320 SE16 | G25 | G15 | G9x |

2. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

So just buy Shell, (who down here are just the same price) who will be rolling in it. I bet it was a Shell employee who started this

3. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

Hahahaha, I've heard it so much before and it's never worked. There's no way i'm willing to travel and extra 10miles to use a different fuel station, it kinda defeats the object as it will cost me more, plus i like the cooked chicken from the shop. 69p a litre will never happen plus it's not the fuel companies that are causing the high price but it's the government something like 70p from every £1 of fuel sale goes to the government.

[E:] I use Total anyway they offer the best scheme for businesses.
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

4. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Just buy from the supermarkets instead, though I think it costs me more as I usually jump in a grab a bite to eat.
    I'm a bit mental.

5. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

I find that supermarket fuel doesn't last as long.

6. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

My parents usually go for supermarket fuel anyway which is usually the pumps at tesco. I actually think this is a load of rubbish and theres more chance of flying to the moon than this happening especially fuel going down to 69p. You are having a laugh if you think thats possible

7. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

At the Nordschleife we paid €1,509 a litre.
    When i was in Greece i saw €1,091 a litre! WE NEED GREECE!

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

8. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

I only buy from teh local garages, i hate corporartions raking in money like they do. being as my bike has such good range it isnt inconvenient either.

but yeh, the prices are going mad, it's still about &#163;1.09 here though, atleast it is at derosa (my local garage)
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

9. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

it's jumped from 1.13.4 to 1.17.9 today

10. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Mb »
    At the Nordschleife we paid €1,509 a litre.
    When i was in Greece i saw €1,091 a litre! WE NEED GREECE!
    Just a note in some parts of europe the ',' is used like we use the '.'. The fuel didn't cost over €1500.

I'm a bit mental.

11. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo »
    Just a note in some parts of europe the ',' is used like we use the '.'. The fuel didn't cost over €1500.

Yeh, I got confuzed in my first ever french maths lesson because of that

The fuel around here was around €1,13 when i first came to france, but is now at €1,34, so is quickly catching up to englands price

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

12. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

I have some calculations to do...
    Saw it going to school today, 13.49SEK/litre(liter?), but the wierd thing is diesel. 14.49SEK/litre (?) I can never remember diesel being more expesive than petrol
    [e] can't be right...
    Petrol: &#163;1.16/litre
    Diesel: &#163;1.25/litre
    Last edited by Andreas¹; 22/05/08 at 17:55 PM.

13. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

Yep that's right diesel is more expensive than petrol.

14. Speedtouch is offline I Wish I Was Special.

Yet another stupid plan.

PhOTW Week 8 + 15 | PTOTW Week 1, 4 + 5

15. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Why don't we just start siphoning the cars in the refinery car parks?
    I'm a bit mental.

16. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Great idea Diablo lol. Boat desial is going up from 67p a litre it is now to well over 120p a litre, pain in the arse that. Seen this before and it just won't work.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

17. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

Meh i don't use ESSO or BP i only really use my local supermarket fuel at the moment.

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

18. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

the cheapedt prices near me are

Petrol - £1.22.9/litre
    Diesel - £1.28.9/litre

19. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

Well I've no idea how much petrol is down south ... I buy petrol as and when I need it from the nearest petrol station

These things have been going on for the past 5 years at least

As to the cost of fuel ... the thing that drives a large part of the UK cost is the Goverment Tax ... not what Shell / Esso / BP / Tescos / Sainsburys etc decides ...

But the rising cost of a barrel of oil hasn't helped ...

So how to lower the cost of fuel ...

Well a boycot won't work as most of us need petrol at some point because most people no longer live near their place of work and use cars as public transport is either too costly, too complicated or lengthy a journey or just non existant

So what's the solution ...

1. get the Government to lower fuel duty ... hits the goverment hard as it nets them a lot of lovely money
    2. kick all the city boys for boosting the price of the barrel of oil
    3. kick OPEC into producing / releasing more barrels of oil

simple really
    I'd rather be topless !

20. iBilo is offline ;)

That's why I'm gonna move abroad!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last