Topic:

Moving abroad

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. iBilo is offline ;)

Default Moving abroad

Are you guys gonna move away from your country and live somewhere else?

If I can get the money after I've done my education I'm gonna go for either Canada or Oz. I can't stand England, its such a crap country. ;l

2. Fridge Magnet Rabbit is offline Manchester Racer Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisicus »

If I can get the money after I've done my education I'm gonna go for either Canada or Oz. I can't stand England, its such a crap country. ;l
    DAM YOU!!! DAM YOU TO HELL!!! ENGLAND IS THE BEST COUNTRY EVER!!!
    Nugget of the week: week 27!!
    1x Winner of 'What car is this?'
    TDU1: Paltala
    TDU2: Paltala
    TDU2 Forums: Paltala
    Recurring Theme much? :P

3. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

AARRGHH, we now have two nige's. Depends what kind of work i get into and what happens, I really can't say at the moment.

4. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

I have been considering moving abroad for a while. I have family in Australia and Canada, so it would be one of them, more than likely Aus. Sadly i have too many commitments in the uk at the moment, but who knows what the next couple of years could hold.
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

5. Asgardeh is offline 4 wheels is 2 too many

I have family in France, Iran, America and England.

but erm
    french people can get annoying but the roads would be awesome with the ducati i would blaitently buy

Iran id get shot at and theres no good roads cause its a desert.

America is good but you cant drink till you are 21 which is lame.

England is where its at! start my new job as a barman on saturday and finishing my college course atm and maybe uni doing foundation degree in motor vehicle engineering then move up to motorcycle and motorsport after. so maybe after that go to america. maybe. England is where my heart is!

6. iBilo is offline ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer »
    DAM YOU!!! DAM YOU TO HELL!!! ENGLAND IS THE BEST COUNTRY EVER!!!
    Lol! :P

The politics of England are crap, the laws are crap, the NHS is crap, the roads are crap, the weather's crap (most of the time). There's much more that I cna add but still.

And I'm not nige#2!!

7. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

Hehe. It would be cool to move to South France and I think I would enjoy it there. Don't see it happening though.

I do hope to go to Monaco for a week this year and stay with a friend as then I wouldn't have to pay for accomodation and it should work out quite cheap

8. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

Lol! :P

The politics of England are crap,
    I agree
    the laws are crap,
    I agree
    the NHS is crap,
    I don't agree with that, i feel that it get's a lot of stick but my local NHS trust is great and i have no complaints,
    the roads are crap,
    Again i don't agree with that, and again it must depend on your area, the roads near me are of top quality and have had a lot of money spent on them, although that's not the case around the country,
    the weather's crap (most of the time),
    I agree with that, apart from the recent weeks. There's much more that I cna add but still.

And I'm not nige#2!!
    We'll see about that
    My replies are in red it makes it easier.
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

9. Asgardeh is offline 4 wheels is 2 too many

the roads around here are ok, but theres way 2 many traffic lights and speed bumps everywhere.

but around here they just spent loads on a misguided bus route thats a total waste of money.

http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/transport/guided/

waste.

10. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

LMAO! Busway! XD Bwahahahaha!

Just me? Nevermind.

11. t.
    t. is offline Retired

I'm a total pro Brit. Despite how crap this place is it's still the best.

I'm going to Australia ASAP.

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

12. Mb
    Mb is offline The Photographer

I want to go to Italy or Switzerland!

It doesn't matter how much horsepower your car has, it's about the smile on your face when you drive it.

13. Andreas¹ is offline Crazy Duck

Don't think I'll move anywhere, but you never know...

14. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

I moved to the south of france Last october (time has flown), And its the best thing ive ever done, Im soo happy out here, the lifestyle suits me quite well

We nearly moved to australia a few years back, But didnt, Never been to Aus, Ive an offer to go for a month by myself, dunno whether to take it

I guess we were quite unhappy in england i guess, its just no place to bring children up i think

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

15. Speedtouch is offline I Wish I Was Special.

England is OK, but its pretty mucked up financial wise. I've always liked Germany. Maybe near the Nuerburging, with and awesome car, ready for the autobahns. And its easy to get to the rest of Europe (at least the good bits, i.e. not France, Spain or Portugal)

PhOTW Week 8 + 15 | PTOTW Week 1, 4 + 5

16. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

I really want to start my life here and then move away. I think that the economy will get better now we've payed our debt off to America and I have to say the NHS works in an emergancy, I can't stand something like the US system where they will not treat you atall unless you pay, compleatly upper case bias there, what about the people who cannot afford it.

UK politics annoys me so yer I will certainly want to move away but I cannot think of anywhere better to be honest. New Zeland maybe.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

17. Nige is offline Buy American ....

I plan on emigrating to Canada in around 10 years time once I have got a proper job and I have the experience to go with it .

I hope to live in Calgary, Alberta (look it up, its a beautiful part of the country !) it has cold winters but fairly decent summers so that suits me !!!!

I just need to persuade my then wife/fiancee/life long partner to come with me .
    Canada 2010 Ice Hockey Winter Olympic Gold Medal winners!

18. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

screw the US, I want to go to Japan or New Zealand

19. iBilo is offline ;)

The politics of England are crap,
    I agree
    the laws are crap,
    I agree
    the NHS is crap,
    I don't agree with that, i feel that it get's a lot of stick but my local NHS trust is great and i have no complaints,
    the roads are crap,
    Again i don't agree with that, and again it must depend on your area, the roads near me are of top quality and have had a lot of money spent on them, although that's not the case around the country,
    the weather's crap (most of the time),
    I agree with that, apart from the recent weeks. There's much more that I cna add but still.

And I'm not nige#2!!
    We'll see about that
    the NHS is crap,

I don't wanna cause an argument but I disagree with that. It gets stick because it is rubbish! The hospitials are in crap condition (all the hospitials I've been to are dirty.) When you have an "emergency" you sit there for 6 hours in pain waiting for them to figure out what's wrong (I've had to do that 3 times.) The treatment of the patients is disgusting (seen what happened to my late grandmother.)

2 years ago, at judo I dislocated my collar bone, fractured it and snapped the ligament leading it to the main moving bones. My parents rushed me to the NHS Hospital (people who have had collar bone problems know how much it hurts.), the receptionist made us (me and my mum) to sit down for 1 hour until someone saw me, by then I was in so much pain, they gave me a shot of morphine, then made us sit down for another hour, finally had an x-ray, then it took them 3 hours to realise we were still here and tell us the collar bone is going to be like that for the rest of my life thinking it was dislocated without a fracture or a snapped ligament, put my arm in a sling and left.

We then had to use private treatment that cost about 3 grand for them to replace the ligament, fix the fracture and pout the collar bone back with a metal screw.

(sorry for the essay.)

the roads are crap,

I agree the roads are good, but the rules ON the roads is bad, speed cameras that do nothing but gain money for the Government and speed humps that they've only figured makes cars speed away from them and other stuff.

20. Fridge Magnet Rabbit is offline Manchester Racer Kid

the NHS is crap,

I don't wanna cause an argument but I disagree with that. It gets stick because it is rubbish! The hospitials are in crap condition (all the hospitials I've been to are dirty.) When you have an "emergency" you sit there for 6 hours in pain waiting for them to figure out what's wrong (I've had to do that 3 times.) The treatment of the patients is disgusting (seen what happened to my late grandmother.)

2 years ago, at judo I dislocated my collar bone, fractured it and snapped the ligament leading it to the main moving bones. My parents rushed me to the NHS Hospital (people who have had collar bone problems know how much it hurts.), the receptionist made us (me and my mum) to sit down for 1 hour until someone saw me, by then I was in so much pain, they gave me a shot of morphine, then made us sit down for another hour, finally had an x-ray, then it took them 3 hours to realise we were still here and tell us the collar bone is going to be like that for the rest of my life thinking it was dislocated without a fracture or a snapped ligament, put my arm in a sling and left.

We then had to use private treatment that cost about 3 grand for them to replace the ligament, fix the fracture and pout the collar bone back with a metal screw.

(sorry for the essay.)

I say, i have to agree...dispite not having dislocated or broken a bone in my life, i have to go to hospital every year for a check up coz i had heart surgery when i was very young (not serious) and last year, sat around for 5 hours to have some cold gel rubbed on my chest with a little sonic/x-ray thingy and to get the ok for the year which takes 5 mins!!!

the roads are crap,

I agree the roads are good, but the rules ON the roads is bad, speed cameras that do nothing but gain money for the Government and speed humps that they've only figured makes cars speed away from them and other stuff.

The roads arent that bad really, depends on where you live...my road is in bad condition coz theres a school on it and everyone turns round on the very same spot meaning theres now a ditch in the middle of the road.
    The council doesnt do anything with the ditch, instead they fill in a tiny hole outside the school...
    My answer is in the green
    Nugget of the week: week 27!!
    1x Winner of 'What car is this?'
    TDU1: Paltala
    TDU2: Paltala
    TDU2 Forums: Paltala
    Recurring Theme much? :P

Page 1 of 2 12 Last