Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

Default Chris Evans Spends Record £5m On Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by BBC Entertainment
    BBC DJ Chris Evans has paid more than £5m for a Ferrari - making it the most expensive car ever sold at auction.

The star bought the 250 GT SWB California Spyder, owned by Hollywood actor James Coburn, in Maranello, Italy.

Evans, 42, paid twice the estimated price for the car at RM Auctions' Ferrari Leggenda e Passione event.

The auction house said the car was sold for 7.04m euros (£5.09m). It had been estimated to fetch 3.4m-3.8m euros.

Coburn, who appeared in The Great Escape, sold the car in 1987 and it has since had a number of private owners.

'Determined'

RM Auctions founder Rob Myers told the BBC News website that the car's link to Coburn was a factor in pushing up the price.

"I think it was a very valuable piece of the car's history and it seemed like the potential buyers were more than usually interested in the car because of that history.

"Chris Evans seemed very determined to have it, but a couple of other people were very determined as well, which drove it to that level.

"We had high expectations for the car, but not that high."
    Source

2. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

I was reading this on msn last night, I want one

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

3. Nodz86 is offline ____________

I read about this the other day, wish I had that type of money.

Also I think Hybrid may have already posted this in his Ferrari Auction thread

4. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

He has after this thread was made. I think this guy has wasted his money but that's a matter of opinion.
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

5. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

Oooops didn't notice this thread ... but hey it's a beautiful car so why not have multiple threads ... I blame ramdomus anyway for not tacking this onto my thread about the auction.

As to the price Chris paid for the car ... I think it is too much even for the ONE car I'd love to own ... it was supposed to go for about £2.5mil which is far more 'sensible' ... but hey they only made 56 of the things and they don't come up for sale that much
    I'd rather be topless !

6. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

I didn't realise he'd bought it in that particular action

7. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

Quote Originally Posted by randomus_r »
    I didn't realise he'd bought it in that particular action
    have you turned American and started dropping 'u's from words?
    I'd rather be topless !

8. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Wow, i didn't know Chris Evans was that bothered about cars, he didn't seem it on Top Gear. I wonder where he got that kind of money from.

I'd absolutely love to have one of those. I'd rather not have the SWB but i'd still be ecstatic if i had the money for one and got one .

9. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

I knew it didn't look right :bananamad:

Bah, damn you Drift, you're in my way! *flaps*

10. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

Quote Originally Posted by DriftNismo »
    Wow, i didn't know Chris Evans was that bothered about cars, he didn't seem it on Top Gear. I wonder where he got that kind of money from.

I'd absolutely love to have one of those. I'd rather not have the SWB but i'd still be ecstatic if i had the money for one and got one .

he's actually known for collecting classic and vintage cars

I think he owns e-types and original mustangs and the likes

Oh and I won't get into arguements over SWB and LWB Cali Spiders ... personal choice ... but for me it has to be the SWB
    I'd rather be topless !

11. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

Just saw it today. Was thinking of posting it up but I see it has already been done.

The California is an amazing car especially in black. Hope Evans enjoys his purchase as I know I would

I disagree with Baldy as I think it was worth every single penny and it is very rare!

12. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

I like this car this much its in my sig, You likey?

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

13. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

Quote Originally Posted by TheScottishSpotter »
    Just saw it today. Was thinking of posting it up but I see it has already been done.
    You're behind the times

Nice sig CMM! What font is that?

14. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

Quote Originally Posted by carmadmike »
    I like this car this much its in my sig, You likey?
    Erm well that's not what he paid for ... he paid for a '61 GT California SPIDER SWB not a Berlinetta as per your sig

oh and that's a SWB in my 'avatar' pic ... well technically it's not as it's the mock-up used in Ferris Bueller ... they only used a real Cali for the close-up shots in Cam's dad's garage
    I'd rather be topless !

15. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Am i honestly bothered, when i seen that white one with black stripes i knew i must have it in my sig

16. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

Yeah I am also a sucker for classic Ferrari's. Amazing pieces of kit and these two are no exception.

I saw a lovely 250 Lusso. It looked completely mint and I as I walked through the door into the showroom where it was my jaw dropped to the floor

Infact heres one of the pictures I took of it

17. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

Wow, Thats alot of money, I wouldent spend that much for only one car though but hey the guy is rich.

18. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Quote Originally Posted by Baltoman »
    Wow, Thats alot of money, I wouldent spend that much for only one car though but hey the guy is rich.
    If you had that money to spend on a car and found out there was a 1960s Viper i bet you would spend that much money on it. I sure as hell would. If i had that money to spend on a car i would spend a million on a '63 Skyline :P.

19. Baltoman is offline Baby Vipah :D

1960 viper? WHERE? WHERE? Ill BUY IT FOR 10 MILLION , GIMME GIMME GIMME.

Drift, you can't use the viper as an example, its the ONLY car that I would waste over 5mil

20. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

I'm a lWB person to be honest but that is a beauty. Great car, good too see he's buying proper cars and not buying a shead load of supercars.
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 Last