Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last

1. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Default Bye Bye Xbox........

Well as you can probably guess from the title my 360 has RRoD.

On Sunday the screen went wierd but was ok, then on monday it happened on GTA turned it off then on it had RRoD, so off and on it went and it was fine got GTA out the tray and left it. Then logged on last night to see who was on and the screen went turned it off then on a few times and it wouldn't boot and and then RRoD everytime I try now.

Now I dunno what to do here are my options:

1. Phone M$ and get it fixed.
    2. Buy an Elite or a Core (and put my HDD on it)
    3. Leave it as I was getting bored with it.
    I'm still undecided atm. Also do I have to phone M$ or can I do it online?

2. MCW
    MCW is offline MCW

Unlucky mate, at this rate I think most people on XBL will experience a RRoD

3. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

Another one bites the dust.
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

4. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

you could buy another xbox, send the broken one of for repair and sell it when they send you one back and why can i never get the RRoD when i try to force it

5. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

If you were getting bored of it I would send it for repair as it will take about 2-3 weeks to get back anyway.

Also do it over the phone, takes 5 mins and UPS will probably be with you asap.
    I'm a bit mental.

6. Nodz86 is offline ____________

I'll probably phone them later if I get chance as I'm out tonight. Its just a pain as someone has to be here when they collect it and im always at work

7. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Sorry for double posting.

Just want to know what I need when I phone them up and whats the number (UK one).

Cheers

8. t.
    t. is offline Retired

You will need your live ID (the email attached to your live account) and your console serial number (on the back under the wireless bridge). And your basic contact details, which I hope you know lol.

You can arrange with UPS to drop it to them and then they take it from there I think. I was given an option like that. Send it in for repair. Nothing to lose. It's free after all. You will need to find your own box for the 360 when you send it as they don't supply a "coffin" like they do in the States.

GTA IV claims another victim.

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

9. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Sorry to hear about your Xbox, GTA seems to be pushing these old xboxs to the limit, i do hope good ol' trusty doesnt die when i get the game

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

10. ExplosiveGoats is offline Car Aficianado

Sorry to hear Nodz, hope you can get back on, mine never got any problems from GTA IV...yet

11. HavockJoker is offline PGR4 Master

Yo I have the lalalala 3 version of the 360, do you think i will get the RRod.

(I don't like lalalala 3)

It was the only one they had left. I looks pretty nice tho.

12. t.
    t. is offline Retired

Possible. Any 360 can get it. If they send me a Gaylo3 console as a refurb I will take it back to Frankfurt and hit them with it.

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

13. Nige is offline Buy American ....

Well my 360 had a brief RROD last week but since then (touches wood !) it has been ok .

I would have brought another 360 on Friday but money is tight lately !!!!!!!

I'm just hoping mine survives (touches wood again !).

Hey I have a wii I can play with if my 360 dies anyway so its not all bad to have a few 'wii weeks (aka lose weight weeks !)' while my 360 is being repaired .

Has long as you don't go over to the darkside (PS3) I want hold anything against you Nodz !!!
    Canada 2010 Ice Hockey Winter Olympic Gold Medal winners!

14. YeOldeTDUMan is offline working too much

Hi Nodz ... sorry to hear the news ... I presume you got the 'general hardware failure' 3 lights like I had a while back

as to my suggestion ... phone them up ... spend a couple of weeks without an xbox ... get your machine back repaired or a replacement (mine was a replacement box) ... get back on live

simple ... doesn't cost you anything ... a little time perhaps but a lot less than buying a new 360 just for the hell of it
    I'd rather be topless !

15. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

Yet another reason i love my PS3 *Hugs PS3*

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

16. hesonly5 is offline Hungry Hungry Hippos! :D

Be careful, it might eat you

17. It's Han! Guest

Awww that's such a shame nodz, but remember it's only a games console. If only baldy's would get the RROD.

18. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Quote Originally Posted by X Han X »
    Awww that's such a shame nodz, but remember it's only a games console. If only baldy's would get the RROD.
    Why don't you just hide the cables for it

19. iBilo is offline ;)

I'm suprised.
    I've had my Xbox for 2 years now and nothing's gone wrong apart from 1 hard drive. I must of got one of the good ones..

When I get GTAIV I hope mine doesn't pack in *touch wood*

20. Camel is offline Legendary Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisicus »
    I'm suprised.
    I've had my Xbox for 2 years now and nothing's gone wrong apart from 1 hard drive. I must of got one of the good ones..

When I get GTAIV I hope mine doesn't pack in *touch wood*
    I've had mine for 1 and a half years and i want it to break because i get terrible lag in single player on games. I even wrapped it up in several towels and it burnt the towel (whilst playing TDU)and got 2 red lights, turned it of then straight back on a again and it worked. I then tried it again a few weeks later but after overheating i put it in the freezer for half an hour and it still worked

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last

Search Tags

death
ring
rrod
xbox