Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Default Thanks to Take2....

... 7diab is no more.

Two years down the drain and many viewers and videos lost due to their pettiness. Did any of the other publishers or developers go this route? Nope, was I one of the small few who actually put the copyright etc in the description for the GTA IV vids? Yep.

So it was fun and tbh I don't know if I can be bothered going through it all again.

Ironic huh? For a company that shows much humour in it's games, they don't have much of a sense of humour.

02/07/2006 - 12/05/2008

I'm a bit mental.

2. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

I don't get it? what did you do exactly?

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

3. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGT »
    I don't get it? what did you do exactly?
    I had GTA IV videos on my account.
    I'm a bit mental.

4. RB26DETT is offline Banned

what's wrong with having GTA IV vids on your YouTube channel?

sorry if this sounds nuggetish but i don't understand why.

5. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Can you not ask YouTube to get he other videos back? It might be worth a well written email to YouTube support, to reimberse your account with the videos (except TDU).

Tbh, I don't get why you're not allowed to have videos on there, it would seem to get more people to buy the game ... after all the official trailers don't show anything!

I have had about 15 videos removed off my account over they years Mainly because I have some TFTF clips on there, only 4 minutes snippets, but my account is still there ... :S ... and your account is more than mine (look at the viewing rates)!

E: Just thought, all of us with YouTube accounts could write to them aswell, after the effort you've put into this site and your videos, you need some help back. I think it would only be worth it, if quite a few of us. After all, the customer is always right
    Last edited by Iced_Bullet; 13/05/08 at 09:19 AM.
    Life is good. Simples. Cccchhhhh.

6. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

R.I.P. You had so many videos on there as well, that's stupid, i've had tonnes of videos removed due to copyright infringement as well but not had my actual account disabled. They're stupid. Like Iced said, GTAIV youtube vids show more than the stupid adverts, and most of the video reviews for GTAIV are what got me to buy it when i did.

7. RB26DETT is offline Banned

i too have become a prey of youtube's idiotic ways.

8. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Diablo, did the email make specific reference to the GTA videos? It could be you advertising this god send ... ?!

Also, same applies to RB, did you advertise TDUC in that vid?

9. RB26DETT is offline Banned

yeah. but the reason they sent me that email is because of the music i used. pure BS! there are tons of video game clips with music in them out there!

10. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

RB tbh you have had a good thing, UMG recognised and respect you using their music in the video, they just want to stake a claim to it as there's which is their right, the advertising they are talking about could simply be a "Buy this track" which results in monies to that company. Always make sure to put the appropriate copyrights in your video and/or description, this usually keeps them off your back.

Iced: It is definitely the GTA IV vids, I had a notice for firstly Uncle Vlad which I actually asked people to Flag and explicitly warned of "Graphic Violence", then they removed "Final Interview...", the one with the lawyer and then finally for some strange reason they removed "Five Star Pursuit", where after a failed attempt at the Bank Job I grab an ambulance and escape a 5* wanted level, that one has me perplexed why they would want that one removed. I can understand the others seeing as they're missions but that one just seemed weird to me.
    I'm a bit mental.

11. t.
    t. is offline Retired

that is.... *grr swear filter* but yea, all the TDU videos you had up there as well.

Mine got shut ages ago, I posted music videos and expected it to tbh, funny though one of my videos made it onto the actual artists MySpace page (Mobb Deep) then their label Universal records (i think) shut me down. Meh, at least it wasn't all my own hard work.

It's very disappointing tbh. It's not like you published videos prior to release. They need to get about fixing the problems with GTA IV instead of sitting there trawling YouTube.

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

12. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

Very sad Diablo. Iced told me about this and tbh i'm angry. At the fact they can just shut down your account with all those good videos such as the TDU ones etc... Just because of some lousy GTA IV vids which they don't want they can shut down a great account. It is outrageous, really. I hope you get something back though as that was a lot of hard work which is now metaphorically down the toilet

13. RB26DETT is offline Banned

yeah. diablo's vids were the reason i signed up here. they were perfect for advertising tdu-central and the game itself. it was after watching his koenigsegg vid that made me want the game and made me sign up here.

P.S. who's UMG? lol.

14. Iced_Bullet is offline Cheese=Milk's Death Route

Universal Music Group.

15. The Queen is offline <3 Ferrari F50

I wondered that as well. Thanks

16. Fridge Magnet Rabbit is offline Manchester Racer Kid

if im right, Take2 were the people who made GTA IV? correct me if im wrong but how come they got you disabled if you included all the correct copyrights and everything? its not like your stealing the game and saying that you made it in 5 minutes are ya?
    Nugget of the week: week 27!!
    1x Winner of 'What car is this?'
    TDU1: Paltala
    TDU2: Paltala
    TDU2 Forums: Paltala
    Recurring Theme much? :P

17. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

Sorry to hear this mate, you always made good video's don't let this dishearten you, carry on as normal and hopefully you will have somewhere to host all your video's in the near future.
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

18. Jack is offline Rusted Banger

I actually found out about TDU through his videos.

Youtube suck sometimes.

19. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Iced_Bullet »
    Diablo, did the email make specific reference to the GTA videos? It could be you advertising this god send ... ?!

Also, same applies to RB, did you advertise TDUC in that vid?
    Funny thing mate, there was no email. I got the email informing about the copyright claim by Take2 on "5 Star Pursuit" but no email regarding the closure, removal or suspension of the account itself.
    I'm a bit mental.

20. Nodz86 is offline ____________

Thats a bit harsh for them to do this, there should be some sort of warning or a seven day wonder. Do you think take 2 might have forgot to tell youtube stop pulling vids as the game is now out but it wasn't a while back when people where posting them before the game was out??

Does diabled mean deleted or just disabled?? as there might be a way to get it back.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last