Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Nige is offline Buy American ....

Default Cadillac CTS V breaks Nurburgring record !!!

The title says it all really:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/cts-v-br...r-a-sedan.html

[QUOTE]Cadillac today reported its CTS-V sedan achieved a record 7 minutes 59.32 seconds lap time at Germany's famed Nurburgring test track. The sub-8-minute lap is the fastest ever documented for a production sedan.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the Yanks can't make good cars .

Ha ha I feel sorry for you Eurosnobs ..........

It must be heartbreaking .

(awaits for the barrage of eurosnob snobbery !!!)
    Canada 2010 Ice Hockey Winter Olympic Gold Medal winners!

2. t.
    t. is offline Retired

That's great news. I'll have an M3 please.

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

3. Microphone is offline #Myk2016

Quote Originally Posted by tWm. »
    That's great news. I'll have an M3 please.
    LMAO!

Who said the car is good, For the money your paying for a CTS-V dont you think Cadillac should try to improve whats standard in most bog standard Eurosnobbish cars

Absolutely the most super of all the non-super moderators Your friendly community moderator.

4. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

That's brilliant. I love american cars though, probably one of the reasons why i hate Top Gear.

5. MCW
    MCW is offline MCW

Oh dear

Mmm...RS4...CTS-V....RS4....CTS-V?? RS4!... or a Transit van instead!

6. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

yeah, cause you would spend 7 minuites with the damn thing going 'dong' every 4 seconds...

looks like a Bin Lorry, sounds like a Bin Lorry, and contains as much Bin-Bag quality plastic as a Bin Lorry

£50 says that when its not being thrashed it is as comfortable as sitting on an angry crocodile, just like the Z06. Made to go fast around a track, impossible to live with.

I'd honestly take an MG ZT over it...
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

7. Nige is offline Buy American ....

See guys this is why I feel sorry for the American car manufacturers, no matter what they do or they do it Eurosnobs will always find something to criticise .

Cadillac could build a car better than all the european manufacturers put together and guess what Eurosnobs will find some pathetic excuse to criticise it like:

'yeah well it hasn't got a German badge on it'
    'well I bet it can't got round a corner'
    'fuel economy is bad'

All of which are slowly becoming invalid answers against American cars whether you like it or not !!!

8. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

Apart from the German badge comment nige, i don't see any American car's with German badges. And i'm proud to say i'm a Euro snob, where are fiat's made again nige?
    Another insightful post by Baldy!!

"Life is like a slush puppy, the longer you leave things the more they melt"

9. MCW
    MCW is offline MCW

Hold on, 'Euro Snobs'

Does this mean people who care even a tiny bit about cars and who want a car that actually feels like a car and not some wheelie bin stuck on to a mattress?

10. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

Yes it does, but hey were all snobs for wanting a comfortable drive.

11. Who

I just said i'd prefer an MG ZT 260. its a british car with awful build quality that gets 10mpg and slides around corners like a mad thing. that hasnt got a german badge neither, and the engine is ford...

however, despite being sport tuned, you know that it will take you to and from work, and whilst being compromised in comfort from the exec saloon, it will still be pretty nice to drive.

The caddy, will not be. they went full out on the sports end, and none of the luxury, and being american, they need to work on that alot!

Notice that, with the exception of the lotus carlton, all the big sports saloons have been luxury brands that have added a little spice to their models.

Look at the best sports saloons we have now:

Maybach 62
    Bentley Arnage
    Audi RS6
    BMW M5
    Mercedes CLK
    Jaguar XFR
    Maserati GranTurismo

Notice these cars are daily drivers, and you can actually live with them. Caddilac has never been teh pinnacle of interior flare, and i doubt that putting all the power in and making it go around the 'ring sub 8 minuites is going to help.

the words 'suspension like concrete' come to mind

I'm not dead!

12. Nige is offline Buy American ....

Quote Originally Posted by baldred »
    Apart from the German badge comment nige, i don't see any American car's with German badges. And i'm proud to say i'm a Euro snob, where are fiat's made again nige?
    ITALY

I can't afford an American car hence why I drive an Italian supermini (40+ mpg FTW !!!).

But then again aren't the French & Italians criticised for not having 'german' reliability & prestige ???????

I think you will find they are.

So basically a Eurosnob is somebody who criticises a car that isn't upto German standards.

Which brings me onto my next point most Eurosnobs are first to criticise the interior of an American car but just look at the price difference, would you expect a car that is a good 15-20% cheaper to have a similiar quality interior inside ????

13. Baldy is offline Wibble Wobble

Yes i would.

14. MCW
    MCW is offline MCW

But I would rather spend my money on a second hand VW Golf and know that I am getting a reliable, well-made product than spend it on an American car which will get from the showroom to the end of the road before:

1. It breaks down and falls to pieces
    or
    2. I get fed up in the first 5mins and attack it with a large weapon

15. t.
    t. is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by nige7 »
    Cadillac could build a car better than all the european manufacturers put together
    They could yes, but lets be honest the chances of that are pretty low.

flickr

16. Nige is offline Buy American ....

Quote Originally Posted by tWm. »
    They could yes, but lets be honest the chances of that are pretty low.
    They are only low because GM haven't/wont give Cadillac the money to do so !!!

Oh how I hate GM sometimes !!!

17. MCW
    MCW is offline MCW

Oh how I hate GM all the time

I shall bomb their headquarters!

18. t.
    t. is offline Retired

Exactly, thats the problem. Everything is built to a budget, Sadly the whole budget for a Cadillac is what the European car manufactures spend on cupholders.

Cadillacs serve two demographics, Pimps and Pensioners.

flickr

19. MCW
    MCW is offline MCW

Yep, Mercedes-Benz spends £1million a day on research alone, the entire budget for a decade of Cadillac!

20. Who

caddillac could make a nice car if GM gave them lots of money. In typical style GM would but RR, then rebadge the phantom into a caddillac...

I'm not dead!

Page 1 of 3 123 Last