1. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Default F1 returning to the Nordschleife

UPDATE: For Videos click here

Source:
    http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=38657

News

BMW to take F1 to the old 'Ring
    Thursday, 15, March, 2007, 11:36

BMW plans to make history in April, when it becomes the first modern Formula 1 team to run a car around the legendary 14.2-mile Nurburgring Nordschleife circuit since the German Grand Prix moved to Hockenheim in 1977.
    The old 'Ring, feared and respected above all other tracks when it was a fixture on the F1 calendar, stopped hosting the event after Niki Lauda's near-fatal accident in 1976.

[read more]
    I'm a bit mental.

2. FA430RGT is offline Hoods and Alley-ways..

Default Re: F1 returning to the Nordschleife

Thats gonna be awsome. I think it would've been a great charity event having all cars run through, except that no-one dies!
    ...I Still Dawdle Round These Ends...

3. Pherelas is offline I'm Going Slightly mad

Default Re: F1 returning to the Nordschleife

Wow, will it be on TV then?
    -----
    [imglink]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/SigCustom.jpg[/imglink]
    . . . . . . Why is it always a wrong number, what if there in the wrong house? . . . . . . .

4. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

This may be what we have been waiting for, good video:
    If the video above doesn't show click here to view it.

Well this was done on the 28th April 2007 and wow the media coming out is sheer quality. Nick Heidfeld did 3 laps with the second lap being the fastest with a time of 8min 34secs. A top speed of 275km/h which was done on the long straight at the Döttinger Höhe. The car did really well considering that the BMW F1 car was only running demonstration tyres which have less grip than race tyres as well as no modifications to the car except for raising the height to it highest.

Here are some images: http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/b...mwnordschleife

Here some first movies, more to come in the coming days:

Note the helo following, maybe we'll get to see a high-quality full lap in the next few days!

Another short video but slightly better quality: (recommend right-click > save as) http://freenet-homepage.de/turbo-astra/1/BMW1.mpg
    I'm a bit mental.

5. The 12oach is offline Toilet, not a Douche

OMG i would love to see the return of the Nordschleife still is the best track in the world

btw if they are going to race there again shall we make a major TDU-C meet there *hint hint*
    Proud Saab driver.
    Saab 93 2.2 TiD 125hp stock lightly tuned to 142hp,340nm

6. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Updated the post above with a very good video, looks official and has the helo shots and some very nice camera car side by sides also.
    I'm a bit mental.