1. jbenekeorr is offline Owns 3500GT named Gillian

Question GTA IV ... Is it in stock anywhere?

Hi, I have had a quick look around the forum for similar threads - sorry for double threading if there is anything similar .... Ohh sorry, i digress. Basically I was hoping to be able to buy the latest installment of Grand Theft Auto for PS3 through an online shop but to my dismay, it is in stock nowhere that i can find (for under £40-£45) Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a copy?
    Last edited by jbenekeorr; 29/04/08 at 15:07 PM.
    TDU:::Rank-Champion:::Completion-80%
    My Life = My Computer, My Car, My G25, My PS3 - Oh dear that sounds really sad
    Note To Self : Hang out washing, Get Milk, Get Life

2. Nodz86 is offline ____________

try woolies they had a load this morning, also try tesco, sainburys, morrisons etc. My local Tesco didnt even have it on display at 9am this morning.

Also I've heard that places have more 360 copies than ps3 not sure how true this is tho.

3. jbenekeorr is offline Owns 3500GT named Gillian

Hi nodz 86, thanks for the super quick reply, i have looked at woolies online but it is out of stock ... oh well, also i have updated my original post, i would prefer to buy online. Though i might be able to get out somewhere at the weekend (someone owes me a ride in their pickup, so i may take advantage of that)

EDIT: Also, i think it is highly probable that there are more copies about for the 360 - This is probably because there are more 360's out there than PS3's.
    Last edited by jbenekeorr; 29/04/08 at 15:18 PM.
    TDU:::Rank-Champion:::Completion-80%
    My Life = My Computer, My Car, My G25, My PS3 - Oh dear that sounds really sad
    Note To Self : Hang out washing, Get Milk, Get Life

4. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Yeah, it's true, there were more copies shipped from 360 than PS3 because there are more 360s out there than PS3s. I didn't get to get it today but i'm going to try a few places on Saturday. It's best to try supermarkets or not very well known shops because the chances are everyone has just gone to GAME or gamestation.

5. Diablo is offline I'm Delicious!

Try Argos, WH Smith, HMV, Virgin, Gamestation, local small Game shops and the like. Tesco would be a good bet also.
    I'm a bit mental.

6. Nodz86 is offline ____________

From what I've heard shops are ment to be getting a second shipment arrive on Friday, not sure how true that is tho

7. ShadowGT is offline I <3 Boobies!

I got mine from EB games. But i had mine pre-ordered.

Leader & Founder of the "Ponies of War" Gaming Comunity

8. DriftNismo is offline 87 Civic GT

Quote Originally Posted by Nodz86 »
    From what I've heard shops are ment to be getting a second shipment arrive on Friday, not sure how true that is tho

I sure hope so because i want to get mine on Saturday. Where did you hear that anyway? Gonna phone up GAME and gamestation now anyway.

9. t.
    t. is offline Retired

I tried all over the place no luck. The GAME website says ready to dispatch now, Delivery 1-2 Business days (360 & PS3). I have ordered but suspect that they don't actually have any and that the message is left there to get you to order it from them, when it won't likely be available until next week. Either way my copy should be here soon-ish.

EDIT: When I ordered about 2 hours ago it said In stock, now it says unavailable. The PS3 is still listed as in stock so get your hustle on if you want it over there.
    Last edited by t.; 30/04/08 at 16:38 PM.

flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadMetis »
    Then I woke up in France...

10. DangerRanger92 is offline &amp;lt;3 Mercedes Benz

This past saturday I went to my Gamestop and got a game, asked the guy "You guys think you'll sell out of that GTA4?" "Definately, you can reserve one for $5".

I called up there yesterday(day after it came out), they said they had a copy. So I went up there, they had plenty to go around.
    My Screenshots
    My Youtube Videos
    I MADE VIDEOS OF THE MEGAPACK CARS! Look at my youtube page and please comment!

11. Who
    Who is offline It's not a tumor.

i had absolute hell buying it on thursday...

game, gamestation, woolies, asda and tesco were all sold out

in teh end i got the last copy that blockbuster had in stock, i was happy too cause i didnt get ID'd despite being 17 ^_^

edit: i remember gamestation saying they were having more stock saturday, so its worth checking around now
    Formerly Crazed Dodgem/Lwsbrck

I'm not dead!

12. TimBud is offline brmm

My local Game and Gamestation had sold out the 360, but had full shelves of the PS3 version.